Mental Health Does anyone's anxiety get worse at a certain time of day?

Strange, most people, myself included, report the opposite.

Nights for me can be tough. Not helped by my lifelong sleep disorders.
If you have a tough time sleeping, have you looked into the doxylamine + melatonin combination??
They are both OTC sleep aids, and that combo works for me everytime.

Its also non-addictive and doesnt make me drowsy.

Try it

My anxiety is always there, but it gets worse at night. I'm a night person, always have been. But I have to force myself to sleep at some point at night so I can function the next day to go to work, etc. I've always hated sleeping for as long as I can remember. Sleeping is scary, boring, and anxiety provoking for me. Since I know that I have to force myself to sleep at some point at night, I think that's why I get more anxious. Also I worry that at night, no one will be awake or around if I start to have a panic attack that gets to the point where I feel like I'm going to die. Where will I get help? None of my friends will be awake.

Mine is worse in the daytime. I get agoraphobic so sometimes I will sleep the day away. Sleeping in the day is more comfortable for me than sleeping at night since anything can happen in the dark. Something about that hypervigilance that keeps me awake.

I'm too lazy to see if anybody brought it up already, but if you have sudden mood swings or anxiety at the same time everyday, roughly, have your blood sugar tested.

That is exactly what it's like to be diabetic.

I so wish I knew I was diabetic as a teenager. To think of the drama I could have spared myself with a half an apple at the right moment.

Sometimes things are actually pretty simple.

Once my doctor got me to switch to stevia for my constant tea my blood sugar evened out. I could stop testing and sometimes taking medicine for it. Never do anymore. Anything can change but for now I'm thru with the medical community. They're next to useless although my health insurance paid for most of the one emergency trip I made to the ER when I was going thru the worst of the bupe withdrawal. They gave me a pawlty 2 mg injection of ativan and 10 take home ambien. I couldn't deal with the restlessness and lack of sleep and thought I can't survive much more of this. Of course my brains lying to me but I had a hell of a time convincing my wife that this was a serious situation she didn't really understand but in her liberal educated engineer know it all attitude not understanding something is not possible. As far as I'm concerned we have to look out for ourselves for the most part. Doctors can't keep up with the alternate ways of dealing with this crisis that they don't give a shit about anyway and they're pretty useless except for setting you up for failure eventually.

Im a night owl in many ways and not just because I have an insomnia. I also feel more relieved at night. The darkness, things being quiet and all that helps a ton. And I also feel way better at night than any other time. I can still get anxiety at night too of course but compared to morning and day time especially, its a huge difference.

Always thought it was kinda funny/strange that I was at my best only at night. I could wake up at early in the morning, be awake for the morning, day, evening and night and I would even physically feel most sharp at night. Been always like that

Nighttime is bothersome. I miss those times I used to feel relief at night. Negative thoughts try to overwhelm me, but I've been listening to Pastor Joseph Prince's new book on Audible called "Live The Let-Go Life: Breaking Free From Stress, Worry and Anxiety".

It's helpful. He mentions many scriptures as he talks about how we should rest. One that spoke to my heart is "I meditate on you in the night watches." That's what David did. It reminds me to focus on the good things and the goodness of God instead of letting the devil take my mind for a ride.

Like last night, I felt myself starting to sink into a deep depression. Instead of allowing myself to fall further, I immediately stopped watching something that was making me feel sad and started listening to sermons. I proactively changed my thoughts from negative to positive and slept well. It's always a battle.

I'm the same way c2c, except coupled with major insomnia. Sleep deprivation does not help the depressive mindset, and most sleep aids don't do anything for me