Mental Health Does anyone's anxiety get worse at a certain time of day?

I have general anxiety and its pretty much all day for me, but It can sometimes get worse at night because that's usually when you start to think about everything if your isolated in your room or something. I always have to have music on or the TV on to go to sleep alongside with my meds.

I have general anxiety and its pretty much all day for me, but It can sometimes get worse at night because that's usually when you start to think about everything if your isolated in your room or something. I always have to have music on or the TV on to go to sleep alongside with my meds.

I could've pretty much written this post about myself lol. I think that's a huge part of it... Knowing that the day is done and that I'll be up all night by myself while most people are sleeping. (I'm a night owl.)

^^^It is very true that people that think deeply about things have existential anxiety and need stimuli in order to break free from those thoughts. I am no different.

^^^It is very true that people that think deeply about things have existential anxiety and need stimuli in order to break free from those thoughts. I am no different.

I think that is one of the major issues with anxiety, breaking the cycling of worrying. It can be so hard to stop once it gets going. Distraction is certainly probably one of the best methods for me.

When my OCD starts getting bad, which happens sometimes, the intrusive thoughts become almost paralyzing.

My anxiety is non-existant in the morning. I feel great waking up. I have a happy little glow until about 2PM. Then I start to get uncomfortable. This all fades around 9PM, and from there until sleep I feel great, maybe manic even.

Rx: 10mg escitalopram, 200mg lamotrigine

Temazepam 30mg and amphetamine 40mg XR prn, not every day and sometimes not even every week.

Same as me. We also use about the same drugs lol.

I think that is one of the major issues with anxiety, breaking the cycling of worrying. It can be so hard to stop once it gets going. Distraction is certainly probably one of the best methods for me.

It's been a while since I've had it, but negative thought loops really suck. When I've had them (not just anxiety) I've found it pretty much impossible to stop, even when I tell myself that my thinking isn't rational or whatever.

It's been a while since I've had it, but negative thought loops really suck. When I've had them (not just anxiety) I've found it pretty much impossible to stop, even when I tell myself that my thinking isn't rational or whatever.

Fucking negative thought loops almost drove me to suicide more then a few times when suffering from a Mixed State. All my thinking would be focused around how much of a failure i was, how i had accomplished fuck all, how much of a waste of oxygen i was and why i hadn't had the guts to kill myself yet. As if it takes more guts to kill oneself then keep on living no matter how hard it is. It was completely irrational thinking but there was no way to break out of it. The only way i could break the negative thought loop cycle was either with a Anti-Psychotic (preferably Olanzapine though Quetiapine will do in a pinch) or with a strong strain of Weed or Hash as Cannabis seems to slow down the negative thoughts in my head and help me think more clearly. The best combo i found for stopping negative thought loops was oddly enough 10-15mg's of Olanzapine, 2mg's of Clonazepam with a strong Indica strain.

I actually find Cannabis to have a anti-psychotic/Anti-Manic type effect on me and i know others with Bipolar disorder that say the same thing. However as everyone reacts differently to meds i wouldn't suggest anyone try Cannabis to treat negative thought loops unless they know they react well to Cannabis. Not to mention a high potency Sativa strain will have completely different effects then Indica so if you don't know what your getting you could get a unpleasant surprise. Even though Sativa strains cause more of the weird trippy effects they still have a positive effect on me as they take my mind off things and allow me to relax. Thankfully i haven't had anything like that in awile now which is a big change from just a few years ago when it was a daily battle to get through the fucking day.

Also Nutty my sleep patterns are rather fucked these days but i am usually up most nights. So if you ever feel the need to contact someone when you get bored staring at the walls feel free to hit me up no matter what time of night it is. Although i quite like being up at night by myself now when my Bipolar was really bad being alone and staring at the walls was as close to being tortured as i ever have been.

I actually find Cannabis to have a anti-psychotic/Anti-Manic type effect on me and i know others with Bipolar disorder that say the same thing. However as everyone reacts differently to meds i wouldn't suggest anyone try Cannabis to treat negative thought loops unless they know they react well to Cannabis. Not to mention a high potency Sativa strain will have completely different effects then Indica so if you don't know what your getting you could get a unpleasant surprise. Even though Sativa strains cause more of the weird trippy effects they still have a positive effect on me as they take my mind off things and allow me to relax. Thankfully i haven't had anything like that in awile now which is a big change from just a few years ago when it was a daily battle to get through the fucking day.

It's funny you mention weed because that is actually one of the last things to give me negative thought loops, at least as far as chemically induced. I have no doubt weed helps a lot of people but it's too much of a crap shoot for me as to whether I'll feel paranoid or just weird in general. I smoked all throughout high school with not much problems but for some reason as I got older weed started to not agree with me. I only just found that out again because I tried it a few times in the last year because a family member started getting it. I wish it had been my drug of choice tho because it sure is a lot easier on your system than alcohol. I think alcohol just appealed to me because I could numb myself stupid lol.

Also Nutty my sleep patterns are rather fucked these days but i am usually up most nights. So if you ever feel the need to contact someone when you get bored staring at the walls feel free to hit me up no matter what time of night it is. Although i quite like being up at night by myself now when my Bipolar was really bad being alone and staring at the walls was as close to being tortured as i ever have been.

Sure thing... It especially sucks if you don't have an SO to keep you company. I usually just try to occupy myself watching videos or playing games.

I can't take SSRI's, at least the two I've tried, but especially Paxil, would send me in a manic mood. My psychiatrist was taking his damn sweet ass to renew my script by phone, when I don't need to meet him, we do that since years, being my psy doc since 2007. The other was Celexa which also threw me in a mixed state, but much less serious than Paxil. Oh I also can't take Wellbutrin, I shake like I've taken 10 cups of coffee and my upper lip turns blue from it. Effexor XR (we only have the XR version here,generic or not),I've taken one day and its made me so nauseous, my pupils were huge like if I was on shrooms, I had to take Gravol(same thing as Dramamine in Canada,dimenhydrinate.) Effexor is an SNRI so yeah, not much better. The only antidepressant that worked for me was Manerix (Aurorix in Australia and the UK) which is a reversible MAOI (I used it to make some pharmahuasca once, only had mimosa and my 150mg tabs of Manerix. My psychiatrist who wanted me on an antidepressant a lot with the benzos (thats before the 5 months of Paxil incident,don't feel like going through it right now, was like, "so what is the dosage of moclobemide (he tested me with that question, trying to verify that my BSc aint BS,I later faxed him a copy. He said 300mg a day (you gotta take it twice a day at 150mg bid or the 300mg bid) that's a weak dose, they always want to give you the highest dosage possible other than when it comes to benzos don't they, but at least he understands that I'm Bipolar I with rapid cycling during summer and I am very down during autumn, I'll get a fancy UV light one day. But yeah Manerix while it worked, and it makes benzos and opiates stronger for some reason, its wikipedia's entry on moclobemide and it provides links) Unlike the first AD's, the irreversible MAOI's, I didn't have to watch my diet, I could drink beer, eat cheese whatever.

But it made me smile at the sunset during a shitty part of my life (just as I finished my BSc I got that accident which messed up my left jaw articulation and nerves there, which left me with TMJ disorder and TN type II, it took 5 neurologists to say this is definitely Trigeminal Neuralgia Type 2, since its a constant boring pain.). But for some reason I didn't like to feel happy artificially, I mean, the feeling normal/happy, not happy from recreational drugs, know what I mean. I got a lot of jars filled to the max with 60x150mg...I keep em in case I wanna do DMT again, only did it once, mimosa is a lot less disgusting than the say syrian rue or other high MAOI content plans.

Shortly, my anxiety is at its worse for me is when I have an argument with my girlfriend when comes over to my condo and she ends up leaving, or when I wake up at night from some little remembrance of a nightmare, sometimes I dont remember at all, just wake up all of a sudden feeling a malaise and the thought that I was having a bad dream but thankfully, I don't remember...when I was on methadone, especially when I got at 2 highest levels I got to 55 and 60mg, then if I had nothing to get rid of the anxiety, I know that I couldn't fall asleep without putting 4-5 Breaking Bad episodes in queue in VLC, or listening to podcasts that deal with real alternative media, not pseudo-alternative media. Ed Opperman, Pearse Redmond and back a while James Corbett podcasts (i don't like him anymore, he's predicted something awful to happen, like "THE COLLAPSE", and was going mad at the idea of that Jesuit Priest we got (which is not normal, Jesuits cannot become popes..anyway, he believed in the shemitah thing and nothing happened on his chosen date of september 13th 2015, following a retarded bandwagon about that thing, his podcasts make me angry.

Ahem anyway,I take my suboxone and a benzo dose with 25mg (half-cut of our blue 50mg OTC the pharmacist has to approve selling to you without a script. One pharmacist once didn't want to sell it to me, when she a long time ago sold me 100 count bottles of ratio-lenoltecs 8mg/15mg/325mg..they're the generic tylenol 1's. One can buy brand name Tylenol #1 but that's totally a waste of money. RatioPharms make our yummy pure codeine syrups we get up here, its a german company that makes our pure codeine pills and syrup. But yeah, if no promethazine, I'll use hydroxyzine 50mg which I am rx'd because methadone when I started and before I switched to bupe, they, the ORT doctors continued to script it to me when I switched to suboxone, anyway methadone gave me some serious itching compared to IM codeine/IV morphine (yes i'm one of the rare person who after being given a shot of Toradol (an NSAID so strong it only comes as injection ampoules, stronger than fucking indocin where it only exists as a suppository because it would eat your stomach away if eaten anyway..), I was given a shot in the arm and I asked, what's that, just gave you a good dose of codeine, you're prescribd Atarax so this should be strong enough to knock you out, I asked how much codeine was in the shot and it was 250mg. Back then I was a lightweight chipper (I was for a long time...I was going to beat the myth that pills lead to the needle, but when they removed CDN's, generic Oxycontins were not out yet, and when my guy and everyone's guy could not find oxycontin, and even Oxy IR's 5, 10's and 20's (our canadian Roxies, max is 20mg though) were still available, all my guy had was Dilaudid and Hydromorph Contins (and a bunch of SteriFilts for the crushed beads inside, Morphine beads in a gelcap type of morphine XR or whatever are more common than MS-Contins or generic MS-Contin like XR morphine pills. I read there was something weird we had here called MS-Contin XL which is a bead in a gelcap thing. Anyway, enough off topicness, if you guys realized how long it took me to write this. Flunitrazolam is strong, my sense of balance was total shit earlier when I went to feed my cat.

I don't have panic attacks anymore because I don't smoke weed anymore, its that simple, weed in general, not all strains, but if I smoke these days it means i'm thoroughly drunk and on benzos, then I can enjoy weed without my heartrate going up to 175 which caused me panic attacks, I would hide very well if I was with my friends, but I guess they noticed bad vibes from me, you know how it is when you're with a couple best of friends in a room playing video games and everyone can suddenly feel the vibes coming from someone which will make everyone go paranoid. Smoked it for 9 years in a row practically everyday, buying ounces of weed also hash and hash oil, god I miss BT'ing some great oil. Hash and hash oil even though stronger, only contain THC I think, nothing else and do not give me a panic attack if I smoke more than a tiny bowl, thats what happens with weed to me now. Weed has changed into a kind of flashback device too, where it would make me feel like if I was on 5-meo-amt.I mean, my mom knew I smoked weed and it didn't bother her way back in the early 2000's as it didn't effect my schooling, but once when very strong weed, where it was impossible to hide the fact I was high as fuck when I came home for supper...she was like "did you also take PCP? I don't like seeing you like that". So these days, if i smoke weed to help the other meds, a tiny bowl is needed, less than 0.1 even, weed is already so fucking cheap and strong here, when you find a strong strain that is different from the main commercial BUT still quality weed, "winch" as we call mids in Quebec has almost pretty much totally disappeared, I don't know what will happen, I could get zonked out, the most common strain here being m39 (northern lights x skunk #1), you can google image it, I be

Sorry for the wall of text lol, when i'm thoroughly benzed like I am now, I tend to autotype everything so there is no question left to ask me once I answered in general, here no question was asked. Flunitrazolam is a weird one, it's not as sedative as I thought it would be, but it sure anxiety's ass, also it isn't that hypnotic, I never had Rohypnol, it never was approved in Canada back then, they gave the last green light for a benzo when clonazepam was invented, pretty much the last rx benzo in most of the world to have been invented, thienos like Etizolam are rx in Italy, India and Japan and it seems like it would be pretty new, as the only other commercialized thieno is Brotizolam, and I don't even know of any country where it can be found.

^ I have always been interested in how a MAOI like moclobemide or even a non selective non reversible one like Parnate would work in treating Bipolar depression. I have heard mixed reviews about moclobemide as some people find it to work great while others seemed to not get any anti-depressant effects at all from it. As Parnate is about the strongest and most stimulating of the MAOI's i would like to try that for Bipolar depression/SAD which makes me a depressed slug in the winter. I hate that can't wake up, can't get out of bed, too depressed to fucking do anything but lie in bed and hate myself feeling. I wouldn't care if i had to take Clozapine mixed with Parnate to escape that fucking feeling as long as it worked. Thank good fuck for summer %)

You have TN type 2? I have regular Trigeminal Neuralgia and i would not wish it on my worst fucking enemy. I have experienced pain with TN that i didn't think was possible for a human to bear and not much else is actually painful compared to it. Instead of constant pain i get attacks of stabbing pain that is pretty much unbearable and feels like someone is stabbing me in the face with a hot poker while my teeth on the left side of my face are all being drilled at once. I used to get really bad facial spasms with it as well but i have not had that in ages (knock on wood) as i think the Clonazepam has done away with it. The pain of the TN has also become much less frequent with only a few serious attacks a year now instead of a few serious attacks a day like only a few years ago. The Morphine SR's seem to do the trick for the pain which is a good thing for me because it's the only long acting Opiate covered automatically by my insurance. Only for that i would be on the Fentanyl patch as not only was it the best painkiller i have ever had for any type of pain but it's the only one i got no euphoria from and thus had no interest in abusing. Not that like the moron i am i didn't try at first but no matter which way i took it i got nothing resembling a actual high from it. But hey if something kills pain that good i am not going to complain.

Atleast i got a script now for Prochlorperazine as i have had enough of throwing up from pain and not being able to take my meds as a result. I had to go about 2 fucking days with none of my psych meds or Morphine last week because i didn't catch the pain in time and was too sick for 2 days to hold down any pills. By the time i could hold down meds i was in Morphine withdrawal and maybe mild benzo withdrawal as well because i had that really awful restless feeling all over my body. I have never tried Stemetil for Psychiatric reasons but if i have a acute manic episode i shall test it out. I found Chlorpromazine to be a good med for not only nausea but also Bipolar and as Prochlorperazine is very similar (though a good 10 times stronger i think) and was used for Schizophrenia and Bipolar in Canada and still is in some other countries it should work for that too. Interestingly enough one of the indications listed on the Prochlorperazine product monograph is for short term treatment of anxiety accompanied with severe tension or agitation though this is nothing new as many of the sedating Typical anti-psychotics such as Chlorpromazine and Perphenazine where also used for anxiety in much the same manner Quetiapine is today either on or off label.

Sorry about going way the fuck off track there :\

in the morning my anxiety may or may not rise in the morning really a hit or miss everyday
at night on the other hand is when my anxiety rises and itll go back down or itll spiral out of control where either A i take a benzo or anti histamine or B i drink a few beers and ill end up passing out all night
ive yet to have a solid night of sleep in over 2 yrs without the aid of something

Anxiety is usually triggered by something and past experiences can trigger it. I get anxious in the afternoon and before bed primarily. Once you get in the habit of it, it keeps happening, just because it's happened before. I rarely get anxious in the morning. But the afternoon.... worse. Bedtime.... ugh awful. :(

Anxiety is usually triggered by something and past experiences can trigger it. I get anxious in the afternoon and before bed primarily. Once you get in the habit of it, it keeps happening, just because it's happened before. I rarely get anxious in the morning. But the afternoon.... worse. Bedtime.... ugh awful. :(

for real man
maybe because the way i cope with night anxiety, but i dont see how people get through it without anything
i tried getting threw it without anything, but i can't.... and i got my long list of ER visit to prove ive tried lol

Not for me but everyone's different. For me it's in situations, particularly chaotic situations that I feel like I have no control over. But I haven't had a full blown one in quite some time (knock on wood). Of course going through withdrawal, I think especially for alcohol or benzos can also precipitate them but it's a bit different because it's not necessarily caused by an environmental stressor.

I do think panic attacks come from overthinking. I am a deep thinker, and I have OCD. I have intrusive thoughts that I end up thinking about too much that cause me to tighten up.

My anxiety, if not triggered by a life event, is at its worst right when I awake or between the hours of 3pm and 8pm.

Last edited:
I do think panic attacks come from overthinking. I am a deep thinker, and I have OCD. I have intrusive thoughts that I end up thinking about too much that cause me to tighten up.

hit the nail on the coffin, i do the same exact thing