• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids Does anyone take gabapentin !

Hylight

Bluelighter
And what do they do and what is it supposed to be taken for.

I was just wondering because I have been prescribed this for pain. I think I am just going to keep taking the naproxin instead.

Thank you. I just don't know what to expect.

It’s used for nerve pain Hylight. Is your pain nerve related? If not it wont be much use to you.
Thank you for being so smart. Brilliant and intelligent. I was wishful thinking and hoping you would answer. God bless your knowledge awareness!!
anyway

Slipped on mountain and gravel. Got tetanus shot and new brace for right wrist again. Also ended up with gabapentin for nerve injury that might be caused by scraped wrist. However, injury seems to be doing much better now then for the last four days or so.
I did continue on some opioids i had though to allieve allot of the suffering ! ♡♡

seems like the gabapentin could cause drowsiness and nods for me maybe. I am not sure if I would be alright especially say like at the first time taking a medication that is new and unexpected to me. But the nerve injury did seem to stop and I feel no pain from the opioids and the naproxin combined.

thanx again

It’s used for nerve pain Hylight. Is your pain nerve related? If not it wont be much use to you.
Also, I didn't know you had took the gabapentin before or at all. . . However, I thought that you may have some knowledge.
I have a bottle of 100mg capsules !!

Yeah, exactly as previously people said it is used for nerve pain and sometimes anxiety (although did nothing for my anxiety).

You can get high from it though, but WD's are bad (only if you use them very often and for a long time though). If you only have 100mg's though it isn't worth trying to get high though because it takes a massive amount to get high because it isn't very bioactive. You have to take like 900mg with very specific instructions. If you really want to know how though I can explain.

I know somebody who gets a bottle of 600mg's for nerve pain and he makes morning 'smoothies' with them lmaoo.

Btw, if you want to get the best use out of them (get them to be more bioactive) eat something fatty with them because they are more soluble with fats.

However, if it's prescribed for pain I would take it as prescribed because gabapentin is a known potentiator for a lot of things. So it could potentiate the effects of your other medication.

i might have to do a smothie as soon as my opioids wear off.

but i think i would rather " sufferie "

or maybe just " xannie"

I am serious though, I almost fell for it. lool.

no pun.

It’s honestly not worth the feeling it gives you. If your pain isn’t bad then I would just not bother taking it. As has been said the withdrawal from gabapentin is bloody woeful! It caused me to gain weight and my memory was fucking up.

I am prescribed for sciatica pain. But it was almost an accident. I had shingles 4 years ago and told my doc I don't want anything for pain. I said I will take advil. Well she said at least I will give you gabapentin. So I took one and had a great nap that day. For two weeks I took 600 mgs at night. Shingles went away, stopped the ghabapentin and noticed that sciatica was coming back. So I went another week without and then deided to try the stagger method and was good to go. I use to wake up with horrible sciatica down my butt and leg. But I have not had it since shingles. Also the pharmacy, that loves to push drugs automatically refilled it for me and I kept getting it. And I told the doc what I do, take it a few times a week (really only once but told her that) and she thought that was better than taking it every day as she knew of withdrawal. Now I am not sure what keeps the sciatica away. I also do stretches so I keep thinking to myself it is the gabapentin and stretches.

Gabapentin does scare me a bit. It probably has the brain deterioration the same as alcohol. So as long as even once a week keeps the pain away I will keep it sporatic. And I am not even sure it is the gabapentin is the reason the nerve pain went away. But since it is prescribed for it I wkll keep the routine up. On my off days I take magnesium to coiunter act any calcium channel blocking. (not sure what I just said is even true. lol Sekio can tell me wtf are you talking about) But I do take magnesium and vitamins on my week between my usage.

I do have access to pregabalin from Canada. I like it, but I get scared when I get these head zaps that gabapentin does not do. And I do like gabapentin better so I reach for that. But pregabalin is probably better for nerve pain.

Last edited:
I am prescribed for sciatica pain.
Omg ! I was just going to leave a comment asking that very question !! I was going to ask if it actually does cure the nerve pain or if it just works for the pain.

I used to do those stretching exercises too. But when I got cut off from my opioid medicine I couldn't do anything, as in forever. Or yes it sure has been awhile.

I never had even one side effect from opioid. It just seemed mostly organic and the most helpful results ever, with least brain trauma of all.

Sorry about your sciatica. If you are able to move around safely and cautiously it is a plus. It seems to be the best thing ever with sciatica to not be confined to bed or immobilized.

However one must be able to get out of bed and move around. This is how opioids help me instead of causing the severe side effects and brain dissolved zombie effects.

Sometimes I worry that the gabapentin could cause too many blackouts and cause dementia like symptoms. It just worries me like the horror stories from ambien.

If I ever need it for an emergency situation like a pulled shoulder muscle I would then have it for usage.

I just don't want to end up like with
alzheimer's disease symptoms and a bad sciatica when i can take something that tends to be much more healthier and definitely more organic.

Average ordinary poppy grown. From the opium plant medicine. That btw works miracles when really needed.

I am getting better little by little. As long as I have my shit load and ton of naproxen I am really getting by. I had to go beg for more of that too. I am with refills.

The gabapentin doesn't have refills but I am sure will last forever. MD. said just take it when and if you need to. ☺

It's allot but I am trying to get up and move it and finish my spring cleaning by next summer anyway.

Now the new thing here is to 'go take tylenol ' over the counter. But the insurance was paying for my pain medication that seemed to cost more than GOLD the metal.

If it does in fact cure nerve pain that would be nice. but i don't know in fact what it is actually doing. !!

Pregabalin together with tramadol was the only thing that calmed the pain of my lower back (herniated disk l5s1) after months and months of tryin' useless drugs or therapy. Truth was I didn't have much faith in the pregabalin but I was surprised how well it worked. Also with tramadol it was excellent on the recreational aspect haha but that is another story.