• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

does anyone here "work from home" and make a decent living?

i would like to know more about about what goddesslsd-xtc does...how did you start doing that? (tax liens on houses) did you take a course? would you let me know because it sounds interesting. thanks june (single parent who would like to work at home and make decent wage.)

I´m in the process of writing a book. The pay right now is shitty ($0) but the pay out eventually will be worthwhile. Become an artist, but not a serious one, just throw together any old bullshit that is vaguely cute and sell it. Better yet, buy cheaply made "crafts" from China, then claim that the work was your own by adding a 300% markup.

.....!!!!

*spits out tea*
You got a good point though.

I work from home, it's quite a decent pay pack, but i freelance, so any day I don't work, technically I'm 'losing money' & I can charge whatever I like (obviously I'm fair, don't wanna lose custom yo)
I do Web Design/Graphic Design & Photography, so I'm usually sat at in front of 3 computers ...editing the shit out of stuff.

Depends what kinda work you wanna do though man, whether its data handling or whatever, or a hobby that you can make a living out of.

Lots of IT jobs can be done from home. A relative of my girlfriend works for a London firm producing pamphlets from his home in Bangkok.

I hope to work from home part-time at some point, after I'm through university and have finished bumbling around the world. I'm in software R&D at the moment so that would be relatively easy for me.

Another suggestion: ebay. Another relative of mine makes ~£15k/year profit from ebay without a huge amount of dedication. Buying 1st editions of new, successful books and getting them signed was his secret.

whenever i tell workmates my hubby works at home so must do most of the housework while i suffer at the job....they picture some lazy ass bastard trying his best to do as little as nothing for money. while i bring home the bacon. i wish.

ha. the bastard got lucky. it is an IT job. he is a systems analyst. he only works if there is a project. he has gone into the office maybe once this past year.

but that is luck and skill that brought him to it. if you are looking for an easy at home job i can't suggest more than ironing or baby care.

I do search engine optimization, so that's all I do right now.I am making decent money from it.
I don't really need an office, and I really see no point in spending $1200 a month on a office. I see a lot of people are working from home, some professions don't even need offices.

you just made something to sell or a service, thats it. and all you need to do is market it.
the marketing part is the hardest but the more you do the more you learn.

I got into search engine optimization by mistake, I used to do it for my own website, and my friends and family started asking me to help them optimize their website and they paid me to.
I was good at it, and from word of mouth I got more client and more client, and that's how it all started.

Yes and no.

I'm a full time student taking 4 classes a semester and I work a career job at about 40 odd hrs a week paying good coin.

On top of this I dabble in the market, mostly in biotech. I've made more money in that this year than I have in my 'career job'.

<it's not a good idea to post incriminating information in a public forum, and we don't allow drug discussion in Second Opinion. Have a read of the SO guidelines to refresh yourself of the rules :) Thanks - n3o>

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I write from home for various sites. Currently, I'm trying to experiment by creating a blog. advertising and pushing content, and if I can get adsense going, I will flip it on flippa.

If you have a grasp of grammar, here are some sites where you can make money and they aren't a scam:

demandstudios.com <~~~ fucking hate it there, but I make most of my money there..working to get out of it, though
Suite101.com <~~ need good SEO skills, but I was # 31 out of 20,000 writers there. I brought them 120,000 page views with my work. Money starts off slow. You'll make pennies at first
Factoidz.com
brighthub.com
helium.com
constant-content.com <~~~ really hard editors. Proof your stuff and make sure you don't have typos. I'd drop my affiliate link, but I'll leave it to someone to PM me if they care. LOL It doesn't come out of your pocket.
mahalo.com <~~~ gotta go through a lot of hoops.

Sites I have NOT written for, but others do:
triond.com
bukisa.com
hubpages.com

hmmm, that's all I can think of right now

You will need to know SEO and how to work with your phrases.

Feel free to ask any questions. I won't say how much I make, but when I'm persistent, I make more than I did as a programmer. Downside is when I don't work for whatever reason, I don't get paid.