Does anyone have questions on bodybuilding supplements?

haha no problem, it's common most think of them as closer to supplements than to steroids, but that's not the case. You'll need proper pct and to plan a proper cycle out, they're not to be taken like creatine or protein, you can hit real problems.

could you help me regarding ephedra.:) i have 60pcs 30mg of ephedra and i want to use it for weightloss. can you give me instructions on proper dosing,best time to take,precaution,tips etc etc.:) BTW i am male 210 pounds 5'8 height:)

I could - but I'd need to know a DEFINITE alkaloid (ephedrine alkaloid) content. Is 30mg pieces you have - you would need to know what percentage of the ephedra is ephedrine.

Past that, I'm uncomfortable giving ephedrine dosage recommendations - unfortunately I'm really not convinced one way or another on the true long term safety* of ephedrine, so me recommending a dose to you will be me saying 25mg/day, but that's because I wouldn't feel right saying the higher doses I know people do, as I'm unsure of their true safety. Some things to keep in mind are that the ephedrine will boost your metabolism (making you burn more calories), it will also help stave off hunger while you're dieting (you definitely need to remember the ephedrine is a much smaller part of your weight loss than the actual calorie reduction you'll need to implement - and keep in mind that a calorie reduction can be eating less, burning more calories, or a combination of both, it is largely irrelevent for the most part how you get your deficit, but that's the most important factor to continued weightloss).

About dosing - w/o food makes it kick in faster, so if the rush is undesirable or uncomfortable to you, taking with food would be a good idea. Also, timing is important if you have sleep issues of any sort. Personally, I cannot touch ephedrine after like 3.. if I'm falling asleep standing at 3 I may go for it, but I typically try to dose before noon at the latest as a general rule.

(* I should note that both my fiance and myself do use ephedrine. I take between 12.5-25mg when I use and prolly use 2-5 days/week depending on other stuff like caffeine intake, and my fiance uses a bit more. Just want to add that so I don't come across like I'm trying to bash ephedrine, since I love the stuff. It's just that when I went to say the dosage numbers I hear of people using, I can't write that because I can't say that it's safe)

To get the most fat loss out of ephedrine, it's best to use it with caffeine (Vivarin, No-Doz) and aspirin (Bayer). Which is more commonly referred to as ECA (Ephedrine, Caffeine, Aspirin) stack.

ECA is commonly used during the 2 weeks a bodybuilder is not using clenbuterol. During these 2 weeks it is commonly dosed at 25mg of ephedrine, 200mg of caffeine and 325 mg of aspirin taken up to 3 times a day. As bingalpaws already noted it is not recommended you take a dose after 3pm if you value sleep. It is because of this that most people don't ever get a 3rd dose in.

I would not recommend taking for more than 2 weeks for the cardiovascular load, again, already noted by bingalpaws.

**EDIT**
I would like to point out that ECA fucked with my wife's menstrual cycle so bad that three years and a one child later her cycle still isn't regular.

Whatchamacallit said:
To get the most fat loss out of ephedrine, it's best to use it with caffeine (Vivarin, No-Doz) and aspirin (Bayer). Which is more commonly referred to as ECA (Ephedrine, Caffeine, Aspirin) stack.

ECA is commonly used during the 2 weeks a bodybuilder is not using clenbuterol. During these 2 weeks it is commonly dosed at 25mg of ephedrine, 200mg of caffeine and 325 mg of aspirin taken up to 3 times a day. As bingalpaws already noted it is not recommended you take a dose after 3pm if you value sleep. It is because of this that most people don't ever get a 3rd dose in.

I would not recommend taking for more than 2 weeks for the cardiovascular load, again, already noted by bingalpaws.

**EDIT**
I would like to point out that ECA fucked with my wife's menstrual cycle so bad that three years and a one child later her cycle still isn't regular.

For fatloss...try a product called Redline by VPX...of course it contains caffeine and Yohimbine but it does wonders for fat loss in troubled areas!!

in troubled areas? Are they still claiming it 'targets' certain spots preferentially?! The body has a geneticly predetermined bodyfat distribution, attempting to lose fat in 1 area is, for all intents and purposes, pointless :\.

That said, redline is by far my favorite product in the diet section (premade stuff anyways), and one of my favorites in the drink section (prolly second to endo rush by bsn, but I'd never buy from bsn til I see how that court case over noxplode comes out).

my source said 30mg of ephedra but i think its 30 mg of ephedrine:)

Have you guys ever seen those yohimbe topical creams that are supposed to cause "site" fat loss? It sounds like complete nonsense to me (i guess you probably could use DMSO, but this is the same as taking it orally, so yes, nonsense)...

Also, bingal, do you take the ephedrine prior to exercise? Do find it at all anorexic, which i suppose could make things difficult....

negrogesic said:
Have you guys ever seen those yohimbe topical creams that are supposed to cause "site" fat loss? It sounds like complete nonsense to me (i guess you probably could use DMSO, but this is the same as taking it orally, so yes, nonsense)...

Also, bingal, do you take the ephedrine prior to exercise? Do find it at all anorexic, which i suppose could make things difficult....
ya I've seen those and to be honest, I actually read something that seemed promising for site burning. *BUT*, it seemed transient and minimal, like barely noticable and temporary until your body redistributes the fat. Can't say I looked into it too much past then given the general concensus that the body decides where it holds and how it shapes its fat.

Yes I definitely use it, sometimes, preworkout. Or lots of caffeine, or nothing, all depending on time of day really because I cannot dose stims anywhere past early afternoon. I typically like caffeine better for lifting and ephedrine (usually half tab which is 12.5mg) for a boost while just working in real life. And I absolutely find it to kill appetite, which I presume means anorexic right ;) ? They're horrible for that, but my appetite sucks as a general rule, so it's no biggie to me since I've already got my general diet setup with huuuge daily smoothies/shakes and stuff like that =D

I used a bottle of lipoderm-ultra a couple of years ago. It was during summer and I was just looking to lose a little bit of fat around the abs to look good at the beach. Seemed to work pretty well- but I doubt it actually took much fat off.... more just rearranged it. To this day I still reckon Ive got less fat on top of the abs than in other places. Seemed to work very well dehydrating the area too. But I certainly wouldnt rule out the placebo effect! :)

I only take ephedrine to keep me awake rather than as a workout stim or a cut drug. Kills my appitite too much. Caffine works much better.

Here's my current Pre-workout supplement stack:

-Gaspari Nutrition Superpump 250
-Gaspari Nutrition SizeOn
-Controlled Labs Purple Wraath (Amino Acids)
-Half a Redline
-Animal Pak multivitamins

Lots of protein...This is my first time experimenting with a Gaspari stack of supplements......Amazing products!!! Expensive but well worth it for the natural body builder!!!

Superpump is my fav or 2nd favorite 'noxplode'-esque product, not that I'd ever buy them, but when I use other people's it's a favorite lol.

The superpump/size on are both crazy overpriced, but I'm sure you knew that. They really aren't providing much, if any, real benefits over caffeine+creatine respectively. Same for the amino acids unless you're on a real strict diet that's not just letting you have a protein shake. Same for animal packs too, their entire line is really overpriced, actually I cannot even think of a more expensive vitamin product. Redline is expensive, but damn is it good stuff!! When I got crazy discounts on it I'd buy it, which says a lot given I was just using them as general energy pills instead of a redbull or something.

Gaspari stuff is okay, I mean they have solid stuff but they also have lots of crap products (novedex anyone?), and everything they have is waaaaay more expensive than what a comparable, generic replacement would be. The only exception I've seen was their halodrol-50's (not the liquid gels, as far as I've heard they're not even close to the same), but that's kind of a different area.

redline plus an ephedrine was fucking insane.

however, you can get the same effects from buying yohimbe and caffeine tablets separately.

bingalpaws said:
Superpump is my fav or 2nd favorite 'noxplode'-esque product, not that I'd ever buy them, but when I use other people's it's a favorite lol.

The superpump/size on are both crazy overpriced, but I'm sure you knew that. They really aren't providing much, if any, real benefits over caffeine+creatine respectively. Same for the amino acids unless you're on a real strict diet that's not just letting you have a protein shake. Same for animal packs too, their entire line is really overpriced, actually I cannot even think of a more expensive vitamin product. Redline is expensive, but damn is it good stuff!! When I got crazy discounts on it I'd buy it, which says a lot given I was just using them as general energy pills instead of a redbull or something.

Gaspari stuff is okay, I mean they have solid stuff but they also have lots of crap products (novedex anyone?), and everything they have is waaaaay more expensive than what a comparable, generic replacement would be. The only exception I've seen was their halodrol-50's (not the liquid gels, as far as I've heard they're not even close to the same), but that's kind of a different area.

Spening income on body building supplements isn't an issue for me...I'm not an individual who goes out to the Bar in the city and binge drinks every weekend...Yes...I do my fair share of partying but I don't mind spending the extra dollar on a good line of supplements...I've gotten massive gains from intelligently stacking supplements and constantly supplementing with the necessary vitamins and minerals.

I've been taking 1000 mg of fish oil 3 times a day for years, on top of milk thistle, vitamin c, e, a, zinc and a plethora of others...Even vicoden :D

I consider myself a "successful and well-informed supplement stacker":) ....I drink 1-2 gallons of water a day so that contributes a great deal to the effectiveness of everything I consume...

I need to post a list of my diet and supplement regimen soon...It's a impeccable list of stuff ideal for putting on lean mass for hard-gainers..It costs me a lot of money, will power, and dedication to do it though...I'm finally starting to get really stong and swole...I am also thinking of running a cycle within the next two years of just soley 500mgs of Test Enathate..I've been researching them forever and I think that my body would respond well to it...I've never had a negative side effect from any of my supplements..Not even a fucking pimple.

I'm obcessed with my life at the gym...I consider my life outside of the gym to be nothing in comparison to when i'm lifting weights..Lately, it's the only reason I get up in the morning. :\

Do British peoples' bathroom scales measure weight in stone? Why the hell does the unit of measurement 'stone' exist? 14lbs? WTF does that have to do with anything?

Yup. We would always mention peoples weight in stone...

Its not that stupid. Why do you measure height in feet- why not say 60 inches for 5 feet?

(we would say height in feet - but im just making the imperial measurment point)

Man Im seriously poor- I can barely afford whey protein let alone some more expensive supplements. At the moment Ive got some whey protein, creatine, multi-vits, Milk Thistle and fish oil. After food , rent, etc all I can top up is protein. :(

It sucks I know p-mo. I was just thinking this morning where I'm gonna get $50 from to buy another 10lbs of ON Whey :\

Last weekend a friend gave me ~40 pounds of elk meat, but i suppose i still need to buy protein powder (i dont know if i should eat a bunch of elk prior to and after exercise). I think the meat is pretty lean, but still, im not sure about this...