• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Does anyone ever experience Joint pain from Cannabis?

I have the exact same issue!!! I found this Thread only because I am currently stoned and in a lot of pain. I'm a 24 years old artist, and super paranoid about this because my hands are my tools for creation.

Joint pain & Marijuana

I have the exact same issue!!! I found this Thread only because I am currently stoned and in a lot of pain. I'm a 24 years old artist, and super paranoid about this because my hands are my tools for creation.

I was noticing that smoking was causing me to feel joint pain as well, particularly in my elbow and back. However, now that I haven't smoked I a couple of days and I'm working on being more present, I notice that the pain is equally there when I am not on MJ. I believe that the MJ causes sensation & perception in general to be heightened, such that I am hyper aware when under the influence. I'm not positive this is the case, but this is what I suspect.

I am currently living with several bone/joint issues due to athletics and childbirth. I have also noticed that smoking weed makes the existing pain throb and ache even more. I also have some nerve issues in which smoking weed eases. Needless to say I now only smoke at night so I can easily lay down or rest right after smoking.

Yes, it puts me into pain. I started to notice this 25 years ago and as I got older, more pain. What I have notice with Pot that it causes my sense of feel/touch to be heighten. I now no longer smoke it, and just grow it. Pot is a complex drug that effect people in different ways. A lot of potheads don't understand this and say "Oh, its in your head man. Your smoking the wrong stuff man. "

I have had the same experience lately. The pains I feel are in my lower back and in my right knee. These are the 2 places where I have injuries and chronic pain. I am not a heavy smoker but last few times from just a few puffs I would feel these conditions extremely intensely and the next couple of days I would be close to experiencing a stiff back, so not just the pain but my condition would actually get worse. I was looking for people with similar conditions and found this post. The way I see it is that because the weed makes me hypersensitive I feel this pain that is present more clearly and its like my body is telling me to pay attention to it and treat it. Pain in itself is not a bad thing its a signal...

Yes sometimes I experience intense pain in my kneecap area when extremely high. It feels as though something is cutting off the circulation from my knees down.

I have never had pain while high. I have back and knee pain that goes away when I'm high, but when I'm coming down I notice the pain a lot more than normal. I have no proof but I assume it's from feeling painless for hours and suddenly getting it back.

Salutations PokePoke420,

...extremely heavy Cannabis user.

« Does anyone ever experience Joint pain from Cannabis? »

Hummm... heavy with joint pain, euh...

My verdict is clear and it's not about cannabis at all. Actually the cause is: Overweight!! Evidently...
71.gif

This one is free of charge, good luck loosing some fat, euh... ;) Oh well...
78.gif

Good day, have fun!! =D

I have slight neck problems and get aches occasionally. Every once in a while when I'm high my neck starts hurting worse than it usually would, but it's nothing like what you described. to put into comparison, i got poked and you got shot. I'm thinking it might be because I'm more sensitive to pain while high. I'm pretty sure everyone's more sensitive to pain while high. If that's the case, maybe you've got slight joint pain and when you got way too high that time it could've made you permanently way more sensitive to pain while high. I've never heard anyone say something like that, but I'm thinking it might be the case because one time i got way way way way way too high and was literally experiencing out of body hallucinations in which i had zero comprehension the real world existed, or even the thought that there's any other reality than the one I was in at the time and ever since then whenever i smoke i get strong open eye visuals, usually the same ones i got when i got way too high that time( the visuals i got before and after i went out of body). I'm thinking maybe way too much weed at once can permanently change your highs, weather it makes it better or worse. Again, i have no evidence backing this idea up other than personal experience, so if you think that might be it look into it more. I think you should just stop smoking until you find a way to stop the joint pain, if there is a way.

Activation of CB1/CB2 receptors stops inflammation - cannabinoids are anti-inflammatory.

It's the rebound inflammation caused by downregulated endocannabinoids.

After the exogenous cannabinoid(s) [ie. marijuana or synthetics] leave the receptors, they are under-activated due to the body's suppressed production.

The body is slow to up-regulate endocannabinoid production which takes days to weeks.

The time window in between drug withdrawal and endocannabinoid up-regulation allows for plenty of uncontrolled inflammation and tissue damage in joints and many other places in the body.

Joint inflammation produces the pain and tissue damage that causes cracking and then arthritis.

This effect can be seen more strongly with synthetic CB-receptor full-agonists after withdrawal and before the body's slow upregulation of endocannabinoids can compensate.

Taking Borax will help prevent the joint problems and cure existing ones by directly suppressing inflammation and by other bone- and joint-specific effects.

Taking other anti-inflammatories will also help.

Maintaining a steady level of CB-receptor activation will prevent this from happening - either by totally abstaining from use or using regularly enough to prevent gaps in CB-receptor activation.

When I was 'injured' and I smoked I noticed that weed doesn't actually relieve pain, it actually makes it worst, at least for me.

I guess that when you're high your body is simply more sensitive

I've just been diagnosed with osteoarthritis in my knees even though I'm only 30 and I've been using salve made with beeswax, olive oil and bud or concentrates like QWISO and I've found that using it topically on my knees just before going to bed prevents them from locking up in the middle of the night like they did before.

This salve I've made before but with trim as the original recipe called for and although it worked, the smell was terrible (I came to this conclusion after convincing myself for months that it wasn't that bad lol). That's why I made the transition to bud or concentrates and the colour looks better because there's hardly any chlorophyll and not only does it not stink but it works better because the dose has been increased.