• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Does anyone ever experience Joint pain from Cannabis?

pokepoke420

Bluelighter
From 14-21 I was an extremely heavy Cannabis user. I never had issues with it. I smoked all day, probably a 1/4 of Bubba/OG every day. (I'm from LA, so when I say OG/Bubba, I mean it). One thing I never did like was wake and bake, I did that maybe 4 times in my entire life when I would actually wake up and smoke. My question is, a few years ago I had such bad pain in my joints (wrist, fingers, and tendons in those areas) so bad my doctor though it was possible I had Fibromyalgia.

I smoked so much at the time, that I never knew if maybe quitting would help. Well, after years and years of smoking, I smoked Wax my friends made from some Bubba.. I quit smoking for 7 months after that. I have never been so uncomfortably high. I HONESTLY thought I was going to be the first person to die off weed. Needless to say, I started working out around the same time and my pain virtually disappeared. I started smoking occasionally, and everytime I smoke, not sometimes, I get extreme pain! I cannot text, type, or do anything if I smoke! I almost never smoke anymore simply because of that. I was just curious if anyone else experienced ANYTHING similar to this, or am I just crazy? I have no idea what it is. Just wanted some feedback.

Being high relieves most of my minor aches and pains, or at the very least makes me completely forget that anything's hurting.

Lay off the herb. I don't know about the physical part, but it sounds like you've developed an anxiety issue related to your weed smoking. Trying to smoke through weed-related panic attacks is rarely, if ever, a good idea.

dude the only joint pain i have ever experienced regarding weed is if it gets bent or the filter falls out or something.. and thats more of an emotional pain than anything

I've smoked marijuana for 15 years now and it has never given me pain, dont know what else to tell ya.

I have smoked weed all my life. I have severe joint pain in my hand and arm. Is it from weed? No. Its cause i am an artist.

Theres probably a million other reasons you might be having such extreme joint pain. I suggest spending some time examining all the aspects of your life if you have not already.

To my knowledge many Fibromyalgia patients use pot to help relieve pain in their joints. I have chronic tendonitis in my right hand and elbow from years of drawing and painting, especially mural paintings, it helps my tendons relax personally. maybe its just my state of mind.

The thing is, I don't have any pain UNLESS I smoke. I don't get anxiety from smoking, I do actually enjoy it. I don't smoke anymore though. I just wanted to see if something I experienced could relate with others.

What I'm about to say is from an eastern medicine perspective.

Smoking dries out the lungs, and heavy smoking will deplete body fluid. Tendons that get tight are not being well nourished by interstitial fluid, either because the quality of your blood has declined (i.e. less fluid in it) or blood circulation has been impeded by all the tar and other byproducts.

Macrophages in your lungs and in your blood have to work overtime to break down all of that foreign matter like tar, and then your liver has to deal with the byproducts of it. We know that tar can be transported in the blood because smoking causes arterial narrowing, and the small aterioles can actually be blocked. It's why some men who smoke a lot can suffer from impotence. Your wrists and fingers relate to smaller networks of nutritive pathways, including smaller blood vessels, so I would suspect some kind of obstruction. If you never exercise (like cardio), that would make it worse.

The synovial fluid in joints and the flexibility of tendons will all be affected by the quality of blood and interstitial fluid, which tar can affect.

One last thing. If the joint pain even happens if you smoke once in a blue moon, then that could be a sign of something auto-immune because your body would attack itself while it attempts to clean away byproducts of smoking. But it sounds like it's due to heavy smoking and not that.

In eastern medicine, you possibly have a combination of blood deficiency and blood stasis causing obstruction. Smoking aggravates it.

Id love to see scientific data or proof of any sort to support anything you just said. Even eastern medicine has data to back their ideas in many cases. What you described sounds like something someone would say about tobacco use, you say smoking in a very very broad way. What your smoking matters, when you say smoke so broadly then try to say any smoke will have the same effect on the body's lungs it makes it hard for me to buy.

And A lot of people say and believe a lot of things. References and scientific proof are a good thing to have to back up your statements.

What I'm about to say is from an eastern medicine perspective.

Smoking dries out the lungs, and heavy smoking will deplete body fluid. Tendons that get tight are not being well nourished by interstitial fluid, either because the quality of your blood has declined (i.e. less fluid in it) or blood circulation has been impeded by all the tar and other byproducts.

Macrophages in your lungs and in your blood have to work overtime to break down all of that foreign matter like tar, and then your liver has to deal with the byproducts of it. We know that tar can be transported in the blood because smoking causes arterial narrowing, and the small aterioles can actually be blocked. It's why some men who smoke a lot can suffer from impotence. Your wrists and fingers relate to smaller networks of nutritive pathways, including smaller blood vessels, so I would suspect some kind of obstruction. If you never exercise (like cardio), that would make it worse.

The synovial fluid in joints and the flexibility of tendons will all be affected by the quality of blood and interstitial fluid, which tar can affect.

One last thing. If the joint pain even happens if you smoke once in a blue moon, then that could be a sign of something auto-immune because your body would attack itself while it attempts to clean away byproducts of smoking. But it sounds like it's due to heavy smoking and not that.

In eastern medicine, you possibly have a combination of blood deficiency and blood stasis causing obstruction. Smoking aggravates it.

I'm gonna be brutally honest here - theres a reason we don't use eastern medicine in the western world. And your post sums it up. -.-

I'm gonna be brutally honest here - theres a reason we don't use eastern medicine in the western world. And your post sums it up. -.-

Well now there are a few eastern techniques we have adopted. But only those ones that scientifically have been proven to work. Otherwise yeah that entire post sounds like BS.

I have chronic pain in my knees, neck and back. Weed helps these things although its murdering my lungs. I also have chronic pain syndrome. Sort of simular to fibromyalgia. Weed would not cause this. I have been smoking for 11 years around 2.5 grams a day

^ lol I wanted to put "No pun intended" with the title. I work out 5 days a week, I am a very healthy individual. I just could not understand why this was happening, and it never did happen until I was about 18. The Dr's just said it was pain from texting, or typing. So I would stop, or do it a lot less and the pain never stopped. I quit smoking, upped my gym routine, and now I rarely get pain in those areas. That is the ONLY reason I would even link it to pot. I guess no one else has this same issue though, and I am definitely confused. Thanks for taking the time to read, and reply.

I have been smoking for a while now, an I can say I have never had joint pain, but I have something wrong with my shoulder that get really crazy pain .. and MJ actually helps to control the pain. Has helped me through heaps of injury healing

I have a clicking shoulder and clicking upper back that causes me pain.

I find cannabis really alleviates this pain. However when i was dealing with a bladder related pain/issue i found when i was high it made it worse where i was concentrating on it.

^ lol I wanted to put "No pun intended" with the title. I work out 5 days a week, I am a very healthy individual. I just could not understand why this was happening, and it never did happen until I was about 18. The Dr's just said it was pain from texting, or typing. So I would stop, or do it a lot less and the pain never stopped. I quit smoking, upped my gym routine, and now I rarely get pain in those areas. That is the ONLY reason I would even link it to pot. I guess no one else has this same issue though, and I am definitely confused. Thanks for taking the time to read, and reply.

I find your situation odd mainly because I thought cannabis had anti-inflammatory properties. Maybe you stress out when/after you smoke and the pain is a physical manifestation of this stress.

hope it will work out tho

Do you paint portraits of Barbara Streisand? if so, I know a doctor that could help you out.

No I draw and paint and illustrate and make art of all sorts. I love water colors but I also do alot of mural painting which when pushed to paint a large scale painting in sometimes as little as a weeks time. And cause im not bullshitting heres a mural I painted bout 5 years ago, its on a curved wall at a hotel in florida. The actual image measures bout 4 feet tall and 20 feet wide. I painted it in 7 days.

NSFW:
P9081309.JPG

Yes I Have...

I have been a pot smoker for over 20 years. I never experienced any form of pain whatsoever from smoking weed. For the past few years I have also been a regular user of meth. Since then, I can be PAIN FREE and have a toke of pot, and every joint is killing me. ONLY when I smoke the herb. I get wild pain in my neck, not just the back of it, but all the tendons along the front of it also. Not so much my wrists and things, but definitely my neck and back. I have also had 3 conversations with fellow users (of both at the same time) and they have told me the exact same thing. To the point that they all had to give up the weed. Being as dedicated as I am, I just couldn't stop smoking it, so I endure severe painful bouts just about every day. So to all of you non-believers, I am a living example of this to be 100% real.=D

From 14-21 I was an extremely heavy Cannabis user. I never had issues with it. I smoked all day, probably a 1/4 of Bubba/OG every day. (I'm from LA, so when I say OG/Bubba, I mean it). One thing I never did like was wake and bake, I did that maybe 4 times in my entire life when I would actually wake up and smoke. My question is, a few years ago I had such bad pain in my joints (wrist, fingers, and tendons in those areas) so bad my doctor though it was possible I had Fibromyalgia.

I smoked so much at the time, that I never knew if maybe quitting would help. Well, after years and years of smoking, I smoked Wax my friends made from some Bubba.. I quit smoking for 7 months after that. I have never been so uncomfortably high. I HONESTLY thought I was going to be the first person to die off weed. Needless to say, I started working out around the same time and my pain virtually disappeared. I started smoking occasionally, and everytime I smoke, not sometimes, I get extreme pain! I cannot text, type, or do anything if I smoke! I almost never smoke anymore simply because of that. I was just curious if anyone else experienced ANYTHING similar to this, or am I just crazy? I have no idea what it is. Just wanted some feedback.

Heavy smokers will eventually exhibit the adverse effects of carcinogens. One such effect is severe pain in one or more parts of the body. Usually, the pain is centered on the lungs. Then again, the lungs are connected to the circulatory system via capillaries.
The pain is your body's way of telling you to stop putting smoke into your lungs!
Obviously, weed doesn't contain the carcinogens that tobacco typically does. If you smoke papers and/or blunts, however, you get carcinogens from burning the wrap. That's one of the reasons why I prefer glass over paper.
Studies show that moderate weed smokers actually show improved lung capacity over non-smokers. The key word of course being MODERATE!