• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Doc just prescribed Gabapentin and I'm already on Oxycodone

I said I "wanted to", felt the urge to shit, had a bowel movement, etc. Ur brain remrmbering that FLOOD of dopamine does that to you, even after years clean of it lolol.
Last time I did a speedball I felt so great I probably could have started doing flips. I did this instead while repeatedly slapping my face and my friend about fell over laughing.

There appears to be a correlation of at least some significance between the Opioids and the Gabapentinoids [Gabapentin (Neurontin); Pregabalin (Lyrica); Phenibut (OTC Supplement)].

Why do I say this? There are several reasons and most are based upon empirical observations of users with only scant actual research available on the subject. Despite a dearth of said research, there are observations that are pretty undeniable.

- Individuals who show a preference for Opioids as their drug(s) of choice demonstrate a significant higher likelihood than the general population to have a preference for Gabapentinoids. Gabapentinoids for this crowd often fill a dual role. First, they are enjoyed simply for the effects produced physically and psychologically. Second, brings us to our next little bullet point.

- Withdrawal. Gabapentinoids have an uncanny ability to mitigate Opioid withdrawal symptoms. Most folks report a great relief from symptoms of Restless Legs/Akathisia. Many, myself included, consider this Akathisia to be the most hellacious of all symptoms associated with Opioid withdrawal. This is huge, Proportionately, the relief is pretty nuts. I've done a few grams of Heroin per day IV and had Gabapentin bought with the loose change in my pocket get me throug my work day while my habit was costing me hundreds per day.

- People who have been dependent upon Opioids in the past in general show a greater preference for Gabapentinoids. There has gotta be some kind of internal relation between these substances.

At any rate, the combination is a common one. If you need it you need it. If you don't need it, you're dealing with two substances here, both potentially addictive, both with painful withdrawal syndromes. I'm not gonna give you a big lecture here. If you take these drugs chronically and become dependent, it will not be an easy, overnight process getting them out of your life, so think things through.
well said......
interesting point you make about preference. read something recently about smokers too, cant recite it but something about that same pleasure seeking parts of our brains.. i also think us who have these preferences are not anti social but also have that preference to get high alone. especially compared to people who lean more towards the "party drugs"
but back to the main point personally i think if you dont need it dont take it, no point in getting another addiction and not even getting the fun parts

Totally safe…

Methadone 80mg / Oxycodone 50mg OPIOID
Ritalin 50mg DOPAMINERGIC STIMULANT
Valium 20mg BENZODIAZEPINE
Pregabalin 300mg GABAPENTINOID
Gabapentin 900mg “ “
Indica Cannabis 10mg CANNABINOID
Jin 3oz ETHANOL

….a Serious hybrid Brompton Cocktail I regularly take myself. Nearly daily after work

Opioid
Stimulant
Benzodiazepine
Gabapentin 300mg capsules x 3-5 daily
Cannabis
Ethanol

AMAZING Freaking Cocktail :)

….in 30min after ingestion the onset creeps in. An hour and I just melt into the couch with Euphoric pleasure, with the dopaminergic stimulant (Ritalin & Amphetamine) enhancing the analgesic pain killing properties of the Opioid (Oxycodone) while reducing any sedation caused by benzo/opioid/gabapentin etc and Greatly increasing dopamine & norepinephrine levels further inducing euphoric pleasurable

Opioid + Stimulant (Amphetamines/Ritalin/Cocaine) is TEIR 1 as an analgesic cocktail

Why a Speedball is so popular and invaluable in the medical setting (Diamorphine & Cocaine injection)
nice sounding cocktail........
do pregabalin and gabapentin together synergise? i always just presumed pregabalin was the stronger faster hitting more abusable evil cousin.
i can get both easily and gabapentin is cheap af....
my only available opiate is kratom(if you consider that an opiate) keep redosing, sometimes tramadol but try not too
then i chop up my pregabalin 150mg around with methylphenidate and snort it, one for one and constant redosing
then i alternate with different benzos so i dont fall in love with one, diazepam, lorazepam, alprazolam, nitrazepam, clonazepam
cannabis aint worth the legal risk for me
alcohol is also rare around here
but when im high on that mix i find i drink a shit load of coffee and smoke alot too
i feel like your cocktail is a refined version of mine hahaha

@rizburt as far as I can tell, Gabapentinoids are analogous to say, Opioids. There are different Opioids with differing effects, but they all are exerting their effects as agonists of the body's Opioid receptors. Gabapentinoids are obviously much less studied as they haven't been in usage for 1/100th the time humans have known Opioids. There is still conjecture regarding how they actually work. Still, I don't think "how they work" is relevant here. Suffice to say that Gabapentinoids are cross-tolerant with one another in a similar way to Opioids or Benzodiazepines or hat have you.

Pregabalin (Lyrica) is more potent. Most folks are going to demonstrate a preference for Pregabalin over Gabapentin (Neurontin) for this reason, the same way a junkie is going to prefer Hydromorphone (Dilaudid) over Pethidine (Demerol).

sorry man but i dont fully understand analogous... i just had to look it up haha
does that mean that gabapentinoids are related to opiates? if so does that also mean they have cross tolerance with each other?
if so that makes sense to something thats been on my mind lately
sorry for my ignorance, half the posts on this site seem like a medical journal to me haha, im seriously impressed with the vast knowledge and understanding of substances on this site