• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Doc just prescribed Gabapentin and I'm already on Oxycodone

alize1luv

Bluelighter
Hi there! I know there's a ton of threads about these 2 but not really any that answer my questions.. If someone can help me out that would be great:) So 1st question is why would she prescribe both.. Do they clash? I thought I heard some where it wasn't a good combo or maybe it was I'm confused ..
Also I've never took gaba b4.. What's it make you feel like? Isn't there awful side effects??withdrawals ?? I don't want to rock my boat I'm doing fine with my oxycodone.. I always run out of script tho it sucks. I run out within a week and a half. Of my 180.
Will gaba effect the oxy at all.. I just want to know all about it , if anyone takes the 2.. Or have took gaba also.

Last edited:
I have taken gabapentin with opiates/opioids many times and as long as you are careful there really is no danger.

When you take gabapentin alone 3000mg will probably knock you out, 2100mg+ for a irregular user. Take this into account!
If you are on oxycodone than at the very least halve your usual dose (if you are taking it recreationally)

Always follow your doctors advice, they are trained and they know what they are doing. My advice would be to not abuse gabapentin or try and use it recreationally at any point if you are on oxycodone at the same time.

Doctors are professionals and know wtf they are doing!

Have a good one :)

In my experience, not really. I’d enjoy them separately. Taken together, you’ll probably just fall asleep and waste your high.

Ok that's what I needed to know lol thanks.. What about grapefruit juice?
Forget about the grapefruit juice.

I assume your dr has prescribed it because you are suffering nerve pain? Or am I wrong and it’s being prescribed for anxiety?

I’ll be honest, gabapentin is a good drug for nerve pain but use it as guided. It won’t make much of a difference when mixed with your oxycodone.

Be aware though, it is physically addictive and the withdrawals are not nice at all. Use as directed.

Yes nerve pain.. That's why I'm scared to take it and start it lol I'm already there with the opioids I don't need another med to be dependent on unless it's totally worth it 😜 that's why I was asking haha but okay thanks for the heads up..

I would suggest taking the gabapentin as needed for nerve pain, of which it specifically helps better than opioids. If taken irregularly (maybe no more than 1-2 a week), you would be able to mostly avoid the delertious effects from gaba withdrawal IME.

If you are running out of your opiates early and don't wish to take the gabapentin concurrently with the oxy. It might be useful to note that gabapentin is probably one of the best substances for opiate withdrawal and would be a godsend for such moments.

Totally safe…

Methadone 80mg / Oxycodone 50mg OPIOID
Ritalin 50mg DOPAMINERGIC STIMULANT
Valium 20mg BENZODIAZEPINE
Pregabalin 300mg GABAPENTINOID
Gabapentin 900mg “ “
Indica Cannabis 10mg CANNABINOID
Jin 3oz ETHANOL

….a Serious hybrid Brompton Cocktail I regularly take myself. Nearly daily after work

Opioid
Stimulant
Benzodiazepine
Gabapentin 300mg capsules x 3-5 daily
Cannabis
Ethanol

AMAZING Freaking Cocktail :)

….in 30min after ingestion the onset creeps in. An hour and I just melt into the couch with Euphoric pleasure, with the dopaminergic stimulant (Ritalin & Amphetamine) enhancing the analgesic pain killing properties of the Opioid (Oxycodone) while reducing any sedation caused by benzo/opioid/gabapentin etc and Greatly increasing dopamine & norepinephrine levels further inducing euphoric pleasurable

Opioid + Stimulant (Amphetamines/Ritalin/Cocaine) is TEIR 1 as an analgesic cocktail

Why a Speedball is so popular and invaluable in the medical setting (Diamorphine & Cocaine injection)

I have read that Gabapentin can lower serum levels of HYDROcodone if taken at the same time. (or Gaba before Hydro) Better is to wait a couple hours after the Hydro and take the Gaba, supposedly. Personal experience has borne that out.

As has been said, Gabapentin can be a serious addiction in itself and you would do best with once weekly use. Breakthrough pain, maybe.

Failing in that, it's possible that you could use it to space your Oxy doses out more and last longer before running out. Try taking the Hydro a couple hours after the Oxy and see if you can wait longer for more Oxy.

'Course, what applies to Hydro might not at all apply to Oxy and then this post is spider poop.

Totally safe…

Gabapentin 900mg “ “
Jin 3oz ETHANOL
That looks like a coroners report on what was in a blood stream when a popular celebrity died. lol Elvis Presley would be proud. (I believe Elvis did more pharms than anybody ever) I would nix the alcohol and up the THC, but that is just me. Although 3 oz is a small amount of alcohol I guess but gin is strong. That cocktail would floor me. I hardly ever done stimulants but 10 mgs of ritalin worked well when I did projects in school. 50 mgs would be too much. But I suspect it is tolerance that allows you to take it so easily

True, true…..a rookie would be incapacitated, and many individuals would have fatal consequences

I’m a tolerant user with every substance listed 10+ years, and worked my way up as tolerance built.

Safety is absolutely paramount. For me, that my hybrid Brompton Cocktail I take daily after a long hard day at work, my reward at 6pm. Like, I’d drink that cocktail for freaking breakfast and head into work all happy and sociable with a little pep in my step lol

For someone who’s never taken anything before, you’d enjoy:

Oxycodone 5-10mg Max
Ritalin 10mg
Valium 5mg
Pregabalin 150 or Gabapentin 300mg
Indica Cannabis 2.5mg jel cap
Jin cocktail 1.5oz in ginger ale

You’d be feeling amazing ….maybe loose the Indica cannabis and save the Valium 5mg few hours before bed

Totally safe…

Gabapentin 900mg “ “
Jin 3oz ETHANOL

….a Serious hybrid Brompton Cocktail I regularly take myself. Nearly daily after work

Opioid
Stimulant
Benzodiazepine
Gabapentin 300mg capsules x 3-5 daily
Cannabis
Ethanol

AMAZING Freaking Cocktail :)

….in 30min after ingestion the onset creeps in. An hour and I just melt into the couch with Euphoric pleasure, with the dopaminergic stimulant (Ritalin & Amphetamine) enhancing the analgesic pain killing properties of the Opioid (Oxycodone) while reducing any sedation caused by benzo/opioid/gabapentin etc and Greatly increasing dopamine & norepinephrine levels further inducing euphoric pleasurable

Opioid + Stimulant (Amphetamines/Ritalin/Cocaine) is TEIR 1 as an analgesic cocktail

Why a Speedball is so popular and invaluable in the medical setting (Diamorphine & Cocaine injection)
The last part made me want to take a shit for 10 secs. Xddd

There appears to be a correlation of at least some significance between the Opioids and the Gabapentinoids [Gabapentin (Neurontin); Pregabalin (Lyrica); Phenibut (OTC Supplement)].

Why do I say this? There are several reasons and most are based upon empirical observations of users with only scant actual research available on the subject. Despite a dearth of said research, there are observations that are pretty undeniable.

- Individuals who show a preference for Opioids as their drug(s) of choice demonstrate a significant higher likelihood than the general population to have a preference for Gabapentinoids. Gabapentinoids for this crowd often fill a dual role. First, they are enjoyed simply for the effects produced physically and psychologically. Second, brings us to our next little bullet point.

- Withdrawal. Gabapentinoids have an uncanny ability to mitigate Opioid withdrawal symptoms. Most folks report a great relief from symptoms of Restless Legs/Akathisia. Many, myself included, consider this Akathisia to be the most hellacious of all symptoms associated with Opioid withdrawal. This is huge, Proportionately, the relief is pretty nuts. I've done a few grams of Heroin per day IV and had Gabapentin bought with the loose change in my pocket get me throug my work day while my habit was costing me hundreds per day.

- People who have been dependent upon Opioids in the past in general show a greater preference for Gabapentinoids. There has gotta be some kind of internal relation between these substances.

At any rate, the combination is a common one. If you need it you need it. If you don't need it, you're dealing with two substances here, both potentially addictive, both with painful withdrawal syndromes. I'm not gonna give you a big lecture here. If you take these drugs chronically and become dependent, it will not be an easy, overnight process getting them out of your life, so think things through.