PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines DOC and DOM questions

iueuifsjrireio

Greenlighter
Some questions about these DOx compounds

1) Headspace
I understand that DOC is more euphoric and stimulant and DOM is more relaxed at low doses. Can you give more details about the headspace? I read that DOM is slightly more stimulant than LSD. And DOC? I assume it to be more stimulant than acid and DOM but less than a proper stimulant, like speed/coke. I heard that both are quite analytical, which sounds appealing to me, is that true? How do both compare?

2) How is the visual style of each compound for you?
I am not talking so much about which one is more visual, but about the style; which visual effects are more pronounced in each one and how the visual geometry compare, both OEV and CEV. According to Psychonaut wiki, DOC's geometry resembles mescaline and DOM'geometry resembles 2C-D (which I not familiar with) but there is no consensus among other opinions I have read. Could you describe them comparing with shrooms, acid and mescaline or they are unique/different from them?
I heard is that DOM visuals are mild until reaching 5mg and then become very unique (and probaly strong) while DOC are more constant (like 2-3mg has already powerful visuals). In fact DOC opinions puzzle me a bit. Reading about it makes me think a more stimulant, less headfucky version of acid (visuals included) but then other people compare it more with mescaline. What would you say? Is more similar to acid or to other phenethylamine like mescaline?

3) Dosage for a first, moderate (but not underwhelming) experience? Does 6mg DOM or 2mg DOC sound reasonable for that?

Thank you in advance

Last edited:
Theres a lot I cant comment on here as I've never tried DOC, but I am pretty familiar with DOM up to 7.5mg.

Out of all of the compounds I've tried, if I had to compare, I would say it is most like mescaline or TMA-2 albeit speedier and more analytical/introspective. I always found it enhanced my ability to analyze my feelings in real time. "Why am I feeling this way" rather than emotional outpouring. I wouldn't necessarily call it relaxing though, even at microdose levels (300mcg)

Visually it is unique but again I'd say it most closely resembles mescaline. I did not find it visually similar to 2C-D, except that both compounds can cause marked color saturation, especially at higher doses.

As far as initial dosage goes, I'd say around 5mg or even a touch lower. It's possible the original DNM blotters weren't the most evenly laid, but I've had both easy and somewhat intense experiences at even 5mg. I've found it much more handleable in a moderate climate. I've taken it a few times in extremely hot environments and I found those times to be a lot more hectic.

2 other observations, are that MDMA on the comedown of DOM is absolutely amazing..

And that DOM at a microdose is still very noticable and useful.

Plz keep in mind that I'm generally considered pretty sensitive in regards to both phenethylamines and amphetamines.

Wish I could comment on DOC, but alas my 50mg was stolen from me :*(

DOC is a superb substance, so long as you're friend's dilution is correct. It's great at 2-3mg, but still enjoyable when you accidentally take 10.5mg. The visuals were unreal and vasoconstriction annoying, but we still ended up coherently talking politics, despite the visuals being wholly overwhelming. It took a 4mg dose of clonazepam to take the stimulant edge off, but was otherwise seemed not to mellow the trip. 45 or 50 hours later, we were sober enough to drive home, but it was close to 72 hours to reach baseline and 16ish hours of sleep to recover. I wouldn't hesitate to take 7-8mg in the future.

DOM is one I haven't tried, so I dont have anything to add about it.

I'm lacking DOM experience here, but I can compare DOC's and LSD's headspace for you.

DOC will leave the more inner parts of your headspace untouched, unlike LSD which will excavate the fabric of the universe for you. DOC is definitely more prone to have the body move than LSD. I have not comparatively explored their analytical qualities in particular, but with DOC I'd say it's safe to say that discernment faculties remain intact, while with LSD they get enhanced.

I do not find DOC to be anything like mescaline or mushrooms visually. As an aside, they're especially set apart in the aural department, with DOC constantly sounding as if some sort of UFO is about to land somewhere in one's vicinity. Really wacky effect, tolerable, but personally somewhat off-putting. YMMV.

Perhaps there's a cleanliness link between 2C-D and DOC visually, but it's not a comparison I would have spontaneously written home about.

I reckon you have a decent grip on how stimulating it will be, intensity-wise. Lengthwise it's of course its own magnificent beast of a trip.

I've tried DOM and DOC once each but both experiences were lacklustre, I ended up adding LSD after 4ish hours to get something going.

The DOC was a pink 2mg pill from a popular DNM vendor and may have been underdosed, I'm tempted to try two pills next time but if that pill was underdosed then the next two may be overdosed... I guess it is also possible that I'm a bit tolerant to Phenethylamines.

DOC is one of my all-time absolute favorite drugs. It has it all for me, visuals, headspace, but with confidence, groundedness, connection to the body, ease of sociability, euphoria... ticks all the boxes. I absolutely adore it. DOM, I have found lackluster, I can't seem to get a full and satisfying trip from it, and I've tried it up to 10mg. Feels like a ghost of a trip, to me. But some people love it even at as little at 2.5mg or 5mg.

I found Dom quite hard and bland even at around 1mg. Doc otoh was really satisfying at 2mg, not really stimulating but a calm and psychedelic feeling Amphetamine, really nice. The only Amphetamine That made me feel calmer was redux aka dexfenfluramine. At around 4mg it feels more stimulating but is still nice, wouldn’t get higher with the dose.

Yeah at 3mg I start to feel some vasoconstriction from DOC, though not bad. I have done it up to 4.5mg and at that point the vasoconstriction is unpleasant. I have read of people taking it up to 10mg, I personally would not go that high though, or even above 4.5mg. It is extremely potent. 2mg is my favorite dose.

@Xorkoth

Have you not read the trip report on shroomery where someone took 100mg over 2 days and had to have toes amputated?

Gnarly stuff, tho id still love to try albeit at responsible levels

I'm thinking about trying some DOC this weekend, tempted by two of those pills I mentioned but maybe I'll crush one and have one and a half to start with, supposedly would be 3mg. I do also have some DOC blotters but I've no idea of their strength.

I'll probably take it with L-arginine as that may help with vasoconstriction.

@Xorkoth - what does Vasoconstriction feel like? I don't think I've ever experienced it.

@Xorkoth

Have you not read the trip report on shroomery where someone took 100mg over 2 days and had to have toes amputated?

People do very stupid things, even at 3mg doc feels like balancing on a razors edge.
Hard to explain but its like a non forgiving energy that is somewhat in between pain and pleasure.
I will probably never try higher doses just because i dont want to worry about physical damage.

How long does DOC take for you?

3.5mg DOC was mostly gone for me after about 12-13h. Similar times for 2mg to 2.5mg-ish doses.
However, with 4.2mg there were still 3d CEVs at the 24h mark.

Your experiences?

DOC lasts 16-20 hours for me, fully. The peak is just dropping off around 10 hours. Larger doses last a bit longer, but even low doses last 16 hours, and it's even longer until I can fall asleep without a benzo.

@Xorkoth

Yeah I read about that. I meant I have heard of people taking it up to 10mg without issues, I wouldn't take it that high, though.

So how do you time that?

Wake up and take some DOC right with brushing your teeth? xD

What does work best for you / what would be your 'best practice' advice?
I agree with you: I absolutely love DOC. However I very very rarely use it, because of the long (and in my case unpredictable?) duration ...

Last edited:
Basically, yeah, first thing after I get up and get moving. It's the perfect festival drug, take it by noon, trip all day with a great social, euphoric, outgoing energy, rage all night, the the next day, chill and relax, possibly not sleep until the second night, depending on how things go and how resistant to sleep you are as a person.

I ended up taking 2 of those pink DOC pills, supposedly 4mg but I didn't have any visuals or really feel much at all. Ended up adding 3 tabs of lsd and had a good bike ride. Wish I could get some DOC powder!

I've only taken DOC once and it was fantastic. I recently acquired more, but its really hard to make the time. I'm also hesitant to take a DOx without having a benzo on hand due to a bad DOM experience, however, I have struggled on and off with benzo addiction for years, so its not really something that I can safely keep around.

I would suggest to anyone wanting to try DOM, start LOW!! I've had one experience with it, and I consider it to be my one bad trip. It started off great, pretty euphoric and EXTREMELY visual. I was actually having problems balancing because the visuals were so disorienting. Don't really know how to explain the bad trip. It started off great, i felt very serene and I found everything hilarious. I was cracking up the whole time. However, i couldnt stop laughing which made me short of breath. During the come up my friend was telling a story of a video he saw where some soldiers took acid and as he said "Were dying in the streets laughing". I remembered him saying that, and during the peak I took it very literally. I suddenly knew that i wasnt gonna be able to stop laughing and that I was going to die because of it. There ended up being about an hour where I was intensely crying and screaming, asking my friends to call my brother, sister and father so that I could say goodbye before dying. There were some disturbing visual manifestations of the mindset that i wont go into. I only got through it because my friend who dosed with me held me hand throughout the orderal and kept repeating "You're safe. You're going to be fine. We took the same dose. Look at me, I'm fine, I'm safe. We took the same dose, you're going to be okay". It was a literal dying experience. I experienced death, and it was horrifying, but as soon as it passed the trip started to wind down and I started to feel better.

I say that that was my one bad trip. However, 90% of the trip was very enjoyable. That 10% was absolute hell. It was traumatic and I wouldnt wish it upon anyone. I can tell from that experience that DOM truly is a special chemical, and I will try it again. My friend and I split a 5mg tab and he took the slightly larger half, so my dose was 2.5mg at most (assuming we didnt get a blotter with a hotspot). The main trip lasted at least 12 hours. The peak was probably a good 6 hours. I was still experiencing visuals at the 30 hour mark. And that was only 2.5mg. I can not imagine how some people can take 7.5mg. I am going to try the chemical again some day, but I probably wont be going over 2mg.

I currently have DOB, DOC, and DOM doses. Dont know if I'll ever try DOB. DOC is probably the next one that I will try. I remember it being euphoric, stimulating and introspective but without being overwhelming at all. I was in a really bad point in my life and the 2mg of DOC treated me incredibly well

Last edited:
Interesting how different people seem to react to DOM. 2mg of DOC is a great dose for me, visual, euphoric, pretty strong, it's my preferred dose and has never let me down. But I took 7.5mg of DOM the last time I took it, and found it underwhelming, with a lack of visuals and it felt like I was just endlessly coming up, like it never arrived.