• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Do You Wear a Watch?

Bob Loblaw

Bluelight Crew
I have a shitty $20 Champion sports watch I wear at the gym & at work. It's useful because it's got a stopwatch & I don't worry about scuffing it up. I'm thinking about getting some kind of analog with a band like this, because it goes better with my everyday style.

rf_55_s.jpg

smart-watch_2.jpg

Yes--a $20 Casio analog. The first one I got lasted a good six years before going kaput, and I liked it so much that I bought the very same model to replace it. Leather wristband, though.

i love timex indiglo watches. they are inexpensive and i can read the time in any conditions - the indiglo is a boon in a dark club :)

here's mine:

timex03.jpg

i love the elegant simplicity of the face.

alasdair

Love watches. I have three surviving watches, coincidentally they were all gifts from people close to me over the years. I don't even remember the genesis of my main watch because it's been with me my entire life but it's a quartz digi with stopwatch function so it gets used like crazy. Then there's a quartz analogue that's been with me for 15 years, it's my least favorite but it's opulent and tells time & date so it's a great work watch. The latest addition is a self-winding mechanical piece that I only wear to special functions.

cdb05001b.jpg

i have a cheap digital watch i wear to work. it is bulky and not fashionable but it is useful to have a timer and stopwatch attached to me at all times. i also don't care when kids grab or scratch it.

I can't wear a watch or jewellery at work but during my down time I wear this mondaine analouge watch...
a658_30332_16sbm-big1_181_280.jpg

I like the simple face and the metal strap dresses up any outfit.

I can't wear a watch or jewellery at work but during my down time I wear this mondaine analouge watch...
a658_30332_16sbm-big1_181_280.jpg

I like the simple face and the metal strap dresses up any outfit.
that's a great-looking watch. simple and functional yet elegant.

alasdair

I just use my phone. I carried a pocket watch for a few years though, in my late teens.

i work clients who frequently get violent, i'd prefer my phone not to get broken :)

i recently took a cruise where i didn't have a watch or a need to carry my phone, not did my travel companion have anything to tell time with. and clocks aren't super prevalent on the ship. it was strange not knowing what time it was. food/drinks are available almost 24/7 so that wasn't much of an indication of time either.

Sometime I'll have to post a pic of my pocket watch on here. It's a family heirloom so it doesn't much leave the house, but it's a fully functional 18 jeweled beauty.

i love timex indiglo watches. they are inexpensive and i can read the time in any conditions - the indiglo is a boon in a dark club :)

here's mine:

timex03.jpg

i love the elegant simplicity of the face.

alasdair

this is kinda funny but after reading your post in the last watch thread (maybe a year ago?)

i bought a timex indiglo and found a hong kong vendor who does the metal weave wristband, so my watch looks exactly like that haha

kudos al bcus i have got alot of complements on it lol

I had one of these ladies watches for a couple of years, and then just lost it? some how? i have no idea what the fuck happened to it. i lost it in the house! i tore this house apart looking for it :(

la670wacas_silver

but then i just said fuck it and went and bought the al qaeda watch

img-thing

the first one has a face the size of a nickel. al qaeda watch a .50cent piece. i like the big chunkyness of it, although i did like the little delicate feeling of the other one.

Lol I use my phone, hardly anyone I know wears a watch anymore :p

I didn't for years, but then I got one of these. It's still a little bit buggy, but does what it needs to.