• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Do you really want and would you accept a supernatural God?

To your last.
Rather Gnostic Christian of you. Good thinking that Gnostic Jesus expressed with this.

Regards
DL

Sorry but Hermeticism is pre-gnosticism and the basic gist is not "We are a part of God", rather, "Likeness knows likeness". Or the "All is in the All". But then there is "As Above so Below." The basic idea is we can only 'know' God. The idea of the Fall is innocence is tainted by his intervening and that God became a guilty tribute. Which is acceptable; not ideal.

To your last.
Rather Gnostic Christian of you. Good thinking that Gnostic Jesus expressed with this.
GnosticChristian Jesus said, "If those who attract you say, 'See, the Kingdom is inthe sky,' then the birds of the sky will precede you.
If they sayto you, 'It is under the earth,' then the fish of the sea will precede you.
Rather, theKingdom of God is inside of you, and it is outside of you.
[Those who]become acquainted with [themselves] will find it; [and when you] becomeacquainted with yourselves, [you will understand that] it is you who are thesons of the living Father.
But if youwill not know yourselves, you dwell in poverty and it is you who are thatpoverty."
---------

Tell us though, why you would accept a supernatural God?

If for the perks, he would end your evolution and likely spoil you by giving you instant gratification of all you desire.

If to have you do his bidding, then you would basically be a slave. No?

Regards
DL

Im not sure i understand... Yes i believe if God presented himself by giving us all we desire WHILE WE RE STILL ALIVE it would have an impact in evolution. But even after death i dont believe that we are given all we desire because i think desires are a part of the human exprience and are fueled by the ego, after we make that transition from life to death we are no longer slaves to our ego. We are no longer slaves to the emotions that get the better of us and affect the decisions that we make in life...

If you think about it, to some degree, we are already slaves to rich people that are high in power. most of us are slaves to our circumstances and have to endure things such as homelessness, starvation and addiction.

I believe that once we die our consciousness lives on and becomes a part of something bigger. It becomes a part of the mass consciousness that we are all connected to already but are not able to percieve because our senses are limited to our individual bodies. We are free from our individual bodies free from desire. So there would not be any affect in evolution.

So to answer your question yes... i would accept the existence of a supernatural God. not only that but i believe that "God" is what makes evolution itself possible. physically and mentally. to my knowledge, every living thing evolves. But what starts that evolution? What is the fundamental factor in the process of evolution? I believe that there is a active, conscious energy that makes it all possible. I believe that this energy is the very foundation of thought. The primary source of everything that you experience.

When you die you do, in a way, become reunited with your loved ones. But not in the physical way. They are a part of the bigger consciousness just like youre part of the bigger consciousness and when we die we all go to the same place and we become closer with our loved ones than we were before because we realize we are connected we are all part of that same energy.

i would rather be a slave to a pure conscious being than to a corrupt system that benefits people in power rather than average everyday people. I would rather be a slave to a supposedly all loving all knowing entity than to my own genetic pre dispositions of addictive behaviour and social anxiety.

Last edited:
Sorry but Hermeticism is pre-gnosticism and the basic gist is not "We are a part of God", rather, "Likeness knows likeness". Or the "All is in the All". But then there is "As Above so Below." The basic idea is we can only 'know' God. The idea of the Fall is innocence is tainted by his intervening and that God became a guilty tribute. Which is acceptable; not ideal.

A lot of the tenets we have came way before Gnosticism. No argument.

I was just showing how we slid it into our belief system.
If you can't see God in all, you can't see God at all.
-Anon

I have not been able to date Anon but think it recent, but that notion is ancient.

Regards
DL

Im not sure i understand... Yes i believe if God presented himself by giving us all we desire WHILE WE RE STILL ALIVE it would have an impact in evolution. But even after death i dont believe that we are given all we desire because i think desires are a part of the human exprience and are fueled by the ego, after we make that transition from life to death we are no longer slaves to our ego. We are no longer slaves to the emotions that get the better of us and affect the decisions that we make in life...

If you think about it, to some degree, we are already slaves to rich people that are high in power. most of us are slaves to our circumstances and have to endure things such as homelessness, starvation and addiction.

I believe that once we die our consciousness lives on and becomes a part of something bigger. It becomes a part of the mass consciousness that we are all connected to already but are not able to percieve because our senses are limited to our individual bodies. We are free from our individual bodies free from desire. So there would not be any affect in evolution.

So to answer your question yes... i would accept the existence of a supernatural God. not only that but i believe that "God" is what makes evolution itself possible. physically and mentally. to my knowledge, every living thing evolves. But what starts that evolution? What is the fundamental factor in the process of evolution? I believe that there is a active, conscious energy that makes it all possible. I believe that this energy is the very foundation of thought. The primary source of everything that you experience.

When you die you do, in a way, become reunited with your loved ones. But not in the physical way. They are a part of the bigger consciousness just like youre part of the bigger consciousness and when we die we all go to the same place and we become closer with our loved ones than we were before because we realize we are connected we are all part of that same energy.

i would rather be a slave to a pure conscious being than to a corrupt system that benefits people in power rather than average everyday people. I would rather be a slave to a supposedly all loving all knowing entity than to my own genetic pre dispositions of addictive behaviour and social anxiety.

So all the perks are after death. Ok.

Seems that you have a Heinz 57 type of theology.

"i think desires are a part of the human exprience and are fueled by the ego"

I take it then that you have 0 belief in the God v/s Satan Christian type God because Satan could not have an ego. Right?

If we have no ego in your Cosmic type Consciousness, ego being our personalities, why bother wanting such a place where we would not care about or friends and family?

Our egos, with their biases, have a lot to do with how we love and or hate.

Regards
DL

I don't really get this question...
Isn't that kind of the point?

Would you accept a God of flesh and blood?

I don't really get this question...
Isn't that kind of the point?

Would you accept a God of flesh and blood?

That is what scriptures say we should do.

What do you expect?
That an supernatural God would come to serve you or to enslave you in his tyranny?

If to serve you, would that not ruin your evolution and if to have you serve, would 5that not make you a slave?

Regards
DL