• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Do you really want and would you accept a supernatural God?

Perhaps a reworking of ethics and sustainable government in general is an order.

Maybe just wishful thinking though.

And by blacks do you mean lower class citizens? It may be generally percieved that the majority of the lower class is racially predominant in the African American category, but I have my doubts that the U.S. government is prohibiting the legality of pot nationally because black people use it.

Then again anything possible.

http://www.economist.com/news/leade...out-extreme-poverty-20-years-world-should-aim

I did not indicate that we are not causing problems with our poor morals and ethics.

I was indicating that most of us are moral and that is why we look to the poor.

I agree that prohibition of various psychotropic drugs is unethical and immoral as they are mostly products of racism against various groups.

Cannabis was restricted because of the use of it by blacks and opium was prohibited because of Chinese use. Just to name a couple.

The other main reason was to protect the alcohol and tobacco industries and keep their bribes coming in.

Regards
DL

I'd think that if most of humanity was moral then we'd put an end to poverty and more. We really are at best conveniently moral IMO. By that I mean we talk a good talk but just to make ourselves feel better about really doing nothing much that is moral. That's how it looks outside my window.

^ if we were moral towards everybody, that is. The extent of "morality" decreases the more distant one is to somebody. That is, most of us are moral towards our family/relatives and close friends, less moral towards strangers, and pretty much lack any consideration towards people in other parts of the world (First World vs Third World for example).

Hey man, I'd blaze a bowl with a starving African any day.

^ if we were moral towards everybody, that is. The extent of "morality" decreases the more distant one is to somebody. That is, most of us are moral towards our family/relatives and close friends, less moral towards strangers, and pretty much lack any consideration towards people in other parts of the world (First World vs Third World for example).

So much for us being all one. Crappy set of morals imo. Personally I find it easier to be moral towards strangers. I know too much about family and friends to want to be moral towards them. =D

Perhaps a reworking of ethics and sustainable government in general is an order.

The Dalai Lama and I agree that any government will be a good one if they work according to the Golden Rule.

And by blacks do you mean lower class citizens? It may be generally percieved that the majority of the lower class is racially predominant in the African American category, but I have my doubts that the U.S. government is prohibiting the legality of pot nationally because black people use it.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/14/marijuana-prohibition-racist_n_4590190.html

I'd think that if most of humanity was moral then we'd put an end to poverty and more. We really are at best conveniently moral IMO. By that I mean we talk a good talk but just to make ourselves feel better about really doing nothing much that is moral. That's how it looks outside my window.

We are well on our way to ending poverty and will do it because we are the most altruistic animal on the planet as per that other link.

http://www.economist.com/news/leade...out-extreme-poverty-20-years-world-should-aim

Man is the most good and altruistic animal on the planet. So good in fact that biologists cannot really understand what makes us so good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ADgh3yCSdM

Regards

DL

When it was originally illegalized, it was done so in order to target black americans, and the same is true for opium/opiates and the Chinese. At this point it's in the history books.

This I didn't know.

Check the harm stats of the various psychotropic drugs.

You will find that either alcohol or nicotine do more harm to us than all the other psychotropic drugs combined.

We have legalized the worst while making the less harmful illegal. It took a lot of money from the alcohol and tobacco lobbies flowing into political hands to have our laws to be so stupid.

Regards
DL

The thing that makes alcohol in my opinion so acceptable is that it doesn't open minds but rather sedates and dulls. No drunk is going to protest anything but rather submit to their fate without a fuss. It allows some relief in the moment. Much like opiates but even more so.

Check the harm stats of the various psychotropic drugs.

You will find that either alcohol or nicotine do more harm to us than all the other psychotropic drugs combined.

We have legalized the worst while making the less harmful illegal. It took a lot of money from the alcohol and tobacco lobbies flowing into political hands to have our laws to be so stupid.

Regards
DL

I knew THAT, just not that blacks were targeted with prohibiting marijuana.

The thing that makes alcohol in my opinion so acceptable is that it doesn't open minds but rather sedates and dulls. No drunk is going to protest anything but rather submit to their fate without a fuss. It allows some relief in the moment. Much like opiates but even more so.

Hmm.

In Canada when they were debating making opium illegal due to the Chinese using it in British Columbia, the police chiefs in the area advocated for making alcohol illegal instead of opium.

They saw rowdy sedated drunks fighting and whoring and causing all kinds of problems, --- while noticing that the Chinese would just have a few puffs and quietly lay back to have their little trance dreams.

Unfortunately, racism won over common sense and what the police wanted.

Regards
DL

I would personally accept a supernatural God... but it seems like youre presenting the idea of God through the common belief that if there is a God, that he is seperate from us... I believe that if there is a God, we are part of him/her/it.

i just went to the Reason Rally in Washington DC where there were some great speakers talking about this. no single person knows what happens after death and/or what happened before creation. some people can accept that we simply do not know. some people cant accept that and need exterior comfort and God, Allah, Zeus, Aquaris, Nature, Buddah, Etc... are the comfort zones for many. and due to the comfort in such God, the followers cant explain said comfort therefor what they believe must be true. you follow me?

I would personally accept a supernatural God... but it seems like youre presenting the idea of God through the common belief that if there is a God, that he is seperate from us... I believe that if there is a God, we are part of him/her/it.

To your last.
Rather Gnostic Christian of you. Good thinking that Gnostic Jesus expressed with this.
GnosticChristian Jesus said, "If those who attract you say, 'See, the Kingdom is inthe sky,' then the birds of the sky will precede you.
If they sayto you, 'It is under the earth,' then the fish of the sea will precede you.
Rather, theKingdom of God is inside of you, and it is outside of you.
[Those who]become acquainted with [themselves] will find it; [and when you] becomeacquainted with yourselves, [you will understand that] it is you who are thesons of the living Father.
But if youwill not know yourselves, you dwell in poverty and it is you who are thatpoverty."
---------

Tell us though, why you would accept a supernatural God?

If for the perks, he would end your evolution and likely spoil you by giving you instant gratification of all you desire.

If to have you do his bidding, then you would basically be a slave. No?

Regards
DL

i just went to the Reason Rally in Washington DC where there were some great speakers talking about this. no single person knows what happens after death and/or what happened before creation. some people can accept that we simply do not know. some people cant accept that and need exterior comfort and God, Allah, Zeus, Aquaris, Nature, Buddah, Etc... are the comfort zones for many. and due to the comfort in such God, the followers cant explain said comfort therefor what they believe must be true. you follow me?

Sure. They hide behind faith and this is what they think of logic and reason that would show them the truth.
Martin Luther.
“Faith must trample underfoot all reason, sense, and understanding.”
“Reason is a whore, thegreatest enemy that faith has.”

Regards
DL