• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Do you pray?

"in the eyes of the law" since when did you become such a citizen? The law knows that a vet will not put down a healthy animal, and your mother would have no case against you for putting down such a sick animal. The vet would back you up. You're not stealing her for a puppy farm man

@Soso76

You follow my logic when I said the dog is mine?

I was living with my mom & stepdad the day we got Poppy as a small puppy (12 weeks old) & it was me that taught her to sit before crossing the road, I picked up her poo as a puppy in the morning, wiped up her wee accidents, given her milk & dog medicine when sick etc etc.
I've nursed the dog when ill, dog sat for my mom when on holiday etc & when I go see my mom the dog goes mad when it catches sight of me, she howls when people tell poppy I am coming to visit etc.

I am too attached to the animal I guess, even though I didn't buy the dog those years ago I've done a equal share of work with it & the dog respects me more than my stepdad or brother.

You owe it to the dog to sort this out then.
What would be the outcome if you just took the dog to vet

I pray to God. It was actually drugs that led me to God. An IV Meth and flakka addiction caused me to see really dark and demonic things. I once saw a hell hound. Swear I had never heard of such a thing.

One night I was at my cousin's house. It was like mid night. I was walking to my truck when I heard a dog parking. I turned around and at the cross roads there was a lil dog barking at this weird jet black square sheet that was hovering over the ground flipping around like a tumble weed going in circles under the street light. The dog ran up to it and just as soon as he did the thing hit the ground and instant morphed into this huge headless, jet black creature. It had thick legs and a hump where its head should be and it panted this unearthly demonic loud pant. It darted like 90 miles an hour in the opposite direction (so glad it didn't come towards me). The small dog just kept sniffing the ground where the floating sheet hit and then kept looking over at me in a very confused manner. And i was thinking, "I don't what the hell that thing was either buddy."

Anyways, like three weeks later i was thinking about it and decided to look it up by writing some descriptive details on Google. I found a page talking about "hellhounds." They listed like three types and some are described as headless, black, shape shifting and have lightning speed and have an ungodly odor (probably why the dog kept smelling the spot) and earthly dogs are drawn to them...they are said to come to take people's souls to hell. Weird thing is I had never even heard of these things much less heard a discription. So how could I imagine sometime I knew nothing about and it match other people's description of them? And it looked so real. Like realer than real.

I saw way more things than this but will not go into detail. Most were connected to Voodoo (and I hung around many practicing Voodoo people) and many things were very evil and demonic.

I eventually came to start really allowing myself to believe in the spiritual realm. I also became more open to God. Through seeing how real the devil is it made me believe that there had to be someone all good to counter his utterly evil antics.

When I first accepted Christ I was high as a kite on a mix of meth and bath salts. A girl recited the sinners prayer and when I looked up in the sky there was a huge hand made of clouds coming towards me. After I had said the prayer myself I looked up to see a solid platform hovering about 50 feet overhead. It was a giant halo horizontally placed overhead. It was a rainbow halo. But it was not transparent. It was solid. When the girl told me I had to quit drugs and I said no I watched every color fade one by one. But anyway to kinda show what it looked like here is a cover for the book I was writing:

Screenshot_20190117-133340.png

The cross of light was from one night where i was up all night with demonic voices taunting me all around my head. But lights from out the window just happened to form a cross on the wall, which was the only thing that brought me any comfort that entire night.

But back to the halo: the Weird thing is that I had hardly read the Bible at that point. But as I later discovered the Bibe actually discribes a rainbow halo 3 times. Twice in Revelation and once in Ezekiel. In Rev. It says that there was an angel standing on the earth with a rainbow above his head (angels are generally pictured to have halos over their head) and it also describes the throne of God with a rainbow around His throne. Ezekiel also has a vision with a rainbow around the throne of God. Again, if I had never heard of this how did I imagine something that adds up to other people's visions and descriptions? And yall the rainbow looked beyond real. Realer than our reality. The colors popped in a way that earthly colors just dont do. Have been a believer ever sense. I don't care if I was on drugs manny of those times or not. Drugs alter ur consciousness and you consciousness ascends from your spirit. Drugs are a cheating "short cut" to spirtual realms i believe. And God can use anything. He knew that I loved drugs that that was the only way to reach me.

So yes, to answer the question I do pray and I still see God move almost every day. Sometimes in very small but significant ways, and other times in huge ways.

Hey guys, let's try to stick to the topic of praying and thoughts about praying. ZB, if you'd like I can move the posts related to your dog somewhere else if you'd like to keep talking about that, perhaps in LAVA? Sorry man, animals are amazing and it's really hard that they don't live as long as we do. <3

Additionally, this thread isn't to argue about whether or not a force exists to pray to. Please feel free to state your opinions on the matter, but we have other threads for debating the existence of god.

Yesterday was a good example of the way I pray & what it means to me.

It wasn't an easy day & I had several things going on that had to be dealt with, I got back t my flat had a cuppa coffee etc & was in a better place mentally. I made a cup of coffee & made a roll up for a deity I "worship" & got that out the way & then went to go watch a bit of telly.
After around 90 mins I got a feeling which I have alof of the time, it is as if the deity I work with was calling me so I went to my bedroom & sat down in the front of my altar & set about preparing the area with Frankincense. When I could feel a change in the space so the vibes / vibrations / spirit energy was "right" I began on my kneews & eyes closed to ask "God" for permission to contact mother bones (one of the main names I address her as, sometimes I use her Spanish names too)

I don't pray from some text done by another person & I just let loose with what is on my mind, I ask her for my family to be safe, thank her for the food I have had today etc it is always the small things that have passed I start with & give thanks I am still alive today. After a few mins of this & some breathing stuff I do (mainly based around a Qigong style) I went into the future & asked for stuff I have to do soon that is VERY important to me.
I swear this as I am NOT here to turn anyone onto the path I walk, but I can feel a difference in the vibes of the room, sometimes it is stronger than how it felt when I walked in & I can a lot of the timew hear an actual voice, sometimes I get images flash through my head & since I have been doing my thing a lot of weird stuff I've seen in dreams or during prayer has actually happened IRL.

I felt a lot more balanced mentally & a block that was in my way had been lifted , the rest of the night went really smooth for me & today I was ready to face something I talked about in my prayer, a proper prayer that comes from the heart & you mean every last letter of it let alone the word has something about it & if someone had told me I would be doing this stuff 36 months ago I would have laughed so hard it would have broken a rib I know that much.

Prayer like how I do it is the language of the poor, it is like a Skype call to a higher force that will hear you if you mean it & also act upon your wellbeing, the issue comes when people pray but don't mean it, I firmly believe if you pray & don't feel like your gonna cry at the end of it or it doesn't leave you with the feeling some kinda "force" is around you something isn't right about it, when you get on your knee & pray it should be a deeply PERSONAL event more intimate that having sex IMHO.

Reactions: CFC
I pray to God/Christ... I pray for a lot of things: the safety and well-being of my friends and family along with their spiritual growth, my own issues and problems and that I can have resolve/solution/solace, etc. and people that I am not acquainted with and general issue topics that they might be resolved and that those who are suffering may either suffer less or be rewarded with wisdom and grace from their suffering. I pray to bless my food and I will pray over someone's house, especially if I think there might be something weird going on either like a spiritual thing or like if I sense that the people there are having issues. I pray for the future of the youth I grew up with, because God knows we're going to need it...

i now pray and bless any psychedelic substance im about to take and its made a huge difference in the insane amounts of divine bliss on the trips.

I'm an atheist and I didn't pray when my life flashed before my eyes but I did enter this sort of meditative state and I am sure some people would consider it praying but it wasn't like I put my hands together and thought of Jesus, you know?

I'm an atheist and I didn't pray when my life flashed before my eyes but I did enter this sort of meditative state and I am sure some people would consider it praying but it wasn't like I put my hands together and thought of Jesus, you know?

...maybe paying closer attention to to the connections around you would change your mind.

⚛️?♎

...maybe paying closer attention to to the connections around you would change your mind.

⚛?♎
I'm an atheist and I only believe in predeterminism, eternal recurrence and the fact that I'll be stuck in this impermanent body forever whether I like it or not. *shrugs*

I didn't pray when my life flashed before my eyes but I did enter this sort of meditative state and I am sure some people would consider it praying but it wasn't like I put my hands together and thought of Jesus, you know?

Yeah I know very well.
When it seems your life is about to end everything goes real slow for some reason & you don't panic.

I've called out to "Jesus" myself but I guess he was busy with other people to answer me, for some reason "brujeria" & the like seem to work for me though.
I'll carry on with my folk saints till they fail me, I guess I'll turn to some kinda N.S. Lefthand path cult then.

The numbness and severe dissociation stopped the panic it was awful. I really fucking hated that moment.

Yeah don't try to understand it. It's a major, major downer. Time and your perception of it are two independent constructs. That's the least I can say to convey the same thing in a less depressing way. <3

Are you okay?

The line: “Time and your perception of it are two independent constructs.”
is interesting.

“Time”, itself, emerged as
a manmade construct, essentially to calibrate migrations of game, and seasons of planting... let alone to gauge a finite mortality, as far as I can see.

And onto how many times an atom spins around within a second.

The illusion around us has some corollary to the concept of time.

Far be it from me to understand what is really going-on.

Energy exists, and manifests into form.

The source of that energy remains an essential mystery.

It appears to animate everything in this reality, and enables consciousness, in and of itself.

It’s an interactive dynamic.

That energy has a code, as far as I can see it, specific alignments and resonance within and TO that code coalesce as creation itself.

God is an energy.

Getting caught-up in biases, or beliefs, due to a rejection of stale dogma, and the provincial divisions of manmade institutions, would appear to be a self imposed limitation on ones cognitive spectrum.

Looking past the feeble attempts ( church ) to approximate the ineffable, would seem to benifit the world, at large.

Superstition, and varied myths, are the bramblebush that maybe we should all try to see beyond.

Namaste, Brother!
⚛️?