• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Do you pray?

Zopiclone bandit

Bluelighter
As it says on the tin folks, do you pray?

If you do how regular do you pray, who/what do you pray to & what for?
Anything to do with your prayer life I would be interested in, I was round my mates flat a few days ago & his looking after his sisters rabbit & the poor animal is to be blunt fucked up. It is blind 99% of the time it just sat there with its head tucked into the back legs shaking, every now & again it would do a small hop around the floor where it was resting & then fall over, now I am NO bleeding heart soft person but it broke my heart, when I got back to my flat I did a prayer to the female saint I follow (Santa Muerte) I told him this the next day & he looked at me as if I was fucking mad & just rolled his eyes, I just couldn't understand why he took that view on what I did, I find it very strange that most folks don't pray myself.

“No man is greater than his prayer life. The pastor who is not praying is playing; the people who are not praying are straying. We have many organizers, but few agonizers; many players and payers, few pray-ers; many singers, few clingers; lots of pastors, few wrestlers; many fears, few tears; much fashion, little passion; many interferers, few intercessors; many writers, but few fighters. Failing here, we fail everywhere.” - Leonard Ravenhill.

When i was in elementary school i constituted prayer ad hoc.

"Please, let me pass this test, god."
"Please make so and so want to suck my penis."
Etc.

I haven't prayed since.

The best practice, for me, to make my dreams come true is to stay positive and acquire good karma.

I had a similar experience madness, and a couple more I suppose. I also went to church several times and learned prayer there as well as praying before dinner on several occasions.

I stopped praying after reaching puberty and didn't try again until decades later when attempting to quit a heroin habit. In that moment of despair I felt like the prayer meant something, but I was simply looking to forgive myself and move on. I got clean and left all those games behind.

Yeah as a child I used to pray/cry myself to sleep every night to make the bad thoughts go away so I wouldn't go to hell if I died in my sleep. (y)

I was brought up Catholic and because of the strict upbringing it completely put me off. I consider myself agnostic

I prey for whirled peas, does that count for anything?

Hey BTS I went to a Catholic Seminary and we just recently (this May) had our 60th reunion. It was hoot hanging out with all the old priests and other classmates. I did NOT attend the Mass ;)

I pray to the dead and wish them well i dont kneel down or anything silly i just look up on a nice clear day and appreciate all the history before us and all the people who have died for us to live in a free country.

i am not religous I do find the bible interesting though mainly because of it being the only indication of what life was like when the bible was created etc all religion is is history imo

I pray to hone energy and intention, I don't necessarily pray to deities.

Actually I do pray when gambling usually when im down to my last tenner on the slots ill be like "alright god give me a good bonus round and I promise I will start believing"

I prey for whirled peas, does that count for anything?

Hey BTS I went to a Catholic Seminary and we just recently (this May) had our 60th reunion. It was hoot hanging out with all the old priests and other classmates. I did NOT attend the Mass ;)

You, rebel with a cause, you! :)

I interpret prayer as an affirmation of gratitude, an acknowledgment of misery, or expression to oneself about ones' experience. I admire people who have the discipline to follow the doctrines of prayer.
However, for me, I have my own way, and a pastiche of what I have learned, of navigating toward it, as I struggle with the traditional way but essentially, I am trying to achieve the same objective, which is psychic catharsis.

Prayer to me; as I interpret it is:

Attempting to accept personal suffering; to better acknowledge and be aware/attempt to understand both the subjective and objective realities - through subjective meditation.

Often cursing and emotional expression, then leading to acceptance and understanding of the subjective feeling ( often, including accepting stupidity), to lessen the burden of unconstructive, feeling that serves no constructive function to self or, to others; while acknowledging the necessity of deconstructive feeling/thought.

To mature; reconstruct, grow and metamorphize the psyche - to live another day/moment, with a sense of a renewed sense of self/mind, sometimes shit, sometimes pleasant but nevertheless is mostly, conscientiously acceptable.

Sometimes, I just think of murdering people/myself and all the dark stuff and that's also, prayer imho, it shows how potentially weak, and strong I am psychically, and that is part of living. Still no death count so, it obviously works...;)

Sometimes, prayer is just having fun, or doing nothing - I think all that matters is that you acknowledge what you are processing - that in itself, is prayer imo.

* Materially speaking, it is worth considering, Metacognition and the Insula. We are composed of Will, Mind, and Body -not in that order, and not to speak rudimentarily, about such important things but worth a dive into.

Last edited:
As it says on the tin folks, do you pray?

If you do how regular do you pray, who/what do you pray to & what for?
Anything to do with your prayer life I would be interested in, I was round my mates flat a few days ago & his looking after his sisters rabbit & the poor animal is to be blunt fucked up. It is blind 99% of the time it just sat there with its head tucked into the back legs shaking, every now & again it would do a small hop around the floor where it was resting & then fall over, now I am NO bleeding heart soft person but it broke my heart, when I got back to my flat I did a prayer to the female saint I follow (Santa Muerte) I told him this the next day & he looked at me as if I was fucking mad & just rolled his eyes, I just couldn't understand why he took that view on what I did, I find it very strange that most folks don't pray myself.

“No man is greater than his prayer life. The pastor who is not praying is playing; the people who are not praying are straying. We have many organizers, but few agonizers; many players and payers, few pray-ers; many singers, few clingers; lots of pastors, few wrestlers; many fears, few tears; much fashion, little passion; many interferers, few intercessors; many writers, but few fighters. Failing here, we fail everywhere.” - Leonard Ravenhill.

What about you, Zopiclone Bandit, do you pray? Do you pray by following YouTube channels, BL, changing you profile doggos, following internet occult trends and taking Zopiclone/, or is there anything else you'd care to share with us, now?

Last edited:
I don’t pray but I go to the cemetery and “talk” to my dad who passed away early last year

I do pray and I pray to God. Not Jesus.. he's not god as I have heard many pray to him as ..I pray for different things. A good vain,to be able to hit,for my fibromyalgia not to kick my ass on a daily and sometimes just to say "how's it going and how are u doing" to God..not cool to only pray when we want or need something