Do you like the opiate itches?

well?

• yes

Votes: 606 66.8%
  • no

Votes: 301 33.2%

• Total voters
hate it, hate it, hate it!!!
ergh it annoys the shit outta me. after a nod, the next day i'm left with scratches all up and down my body, my back looks like its been attacked with whips!
and i tried benadryl, and it doesn't help for anything.
if someone knows a way to stop it, spill the beans lol :\

I cannot stand the itching, I usually have to get a shot of benedryl just to ease it off, it drives me nuts.

hate it, hate it, hate it!!!
ergh it annoys the shit outta me. after a nod, the next day i'm left with scratches all up and down my body, my back looks like its been attacked with whips!
and i tried benadryl, and it doesn't help for anything.
if someone knows a way to stop it, spill the beans lol :\

Try this:

"1. The "itchies" affect users of oral narcotics above moderate doses and can be reduced in intensity by taking a tablet of clemastine furmarate (Tavist), the new non-drowsy anti-histamines Allegra or Claritin, or meclizine hydrochloride (Dramamine II) an hour before taking the dose of opiates, then using an old fashioned drowsiness producing antihistamine with moderate to strong anticholinergic action like diphenhydramine (Benadryl), dimenhydrinate (Original Dramamine), or brompheniramine (Dimetapp) to boost the effect of the opiate, and using topical creams containing antihistamines to knock down the worst itching. The itchies can be intensified by the inert and non-psychoactive ingredients of cough syrups coming out of one's pores and being deposited on the skin, so having a shower if you are not too blasted to walk a straight line can be a good idea in the middle of a long hydrocodone run. Codeine is for most people the itchiest narcotic."

From http://www.opioids.com/opiates/index.html

It feels GOOD to itch...nothing feels better than digging your nails into your legs - itching repetitively and HARD. mmmmm=D (sounds disturbing, but no lie!). However, I do not really 'like' the opiate itch. Why? I don't like the effect it has on my skin quality (mostly my face). This is true EVEN though I am very well kept, wash my hands very frequently, shower daily, etc.

So - enjoy the feeling, dislike the long term effect of (the itch).

I take morphine and itch really badly from them, used to take lortabs or perocet amd i itched but no where as close to the morphine, however i wouldnt trade my morphine for the tabs for anything so i just get a shot of im benedryl each night and that helps somewhat , never completely stops it

Try this:

"1. The "itchies" affect users of oral narcotics above moderate doses and can be reduced in intensity by taking a tablet of clemastine furmarate (Tavist), the new non-drowsy anti-histamines Allegra or Claritin, or meclizine hydrochloride (Dramamine II) an hour before taking the dose of opiates, then using an old fashioned drowsiness producing antihistamine with moderate to strong anticholinergic action like diphenhydramine (Benadryl), dimenhydrinate (Original Dramamine), or brompheniramine (Dimetapp) to boost the effect of the opiate, and using topical creams containing antihistamines to knock down the worst itching. The itchies can be intensified by the inert and non-psychoactive ingredients of cough syrups coming out of one's pores and being deposited on the skin, so having a shower if you are not too blasted to walk a straight line can be a good idea in the middle of a long hydrocodone run. Codeine is for most people the itchiest narcotic."

From http://www.opioids.com/opiates/index.html

CHEERS! big time! :D
i'll give it a go next time round; & their damn skippy when they say codeine is the itchiest of them all.

I've been using for close to 10 years and I still get the itches so I don't think it's a tolerance (did i spell that right?) thing either way can't stand the itches, but not enough to stop :p

love/hate. i like the feeling of itching, hate what it does to my skin.

This is so unbelievably true. All summer long, people were asking me what happened to my feet. (I wear flip flops in the summer time, and I had red rashes and scabs all over my feet.)

I told them that they were mosquito bites, but that was only partially true. I mean, yeah, some of them were legitimately mosquito bites, but uh... truth be told, I itched my feet to shit.

........ So needless to say, it was a good summer! :-D

I use to think if I wasn't itching I wasn't high enough. I miss those days. I have been on 12mg of suboxone for about 18 Months now so no more nods or itching for me. ACTUALLY if I don't take subs for about 4 days than double my dose I nod harder and get higher than I ever did on oxy. And that was a 300+mg a day. But I only have done that twice.

An old co worker of mine was giving an oc80 and never took any oxy before. His buddy told him to cut into 1/4s and he didn't listen.
He ended up in the hospital cause his roommate found him literally scratching the skin off his face. Deep bloody gouges. Was not a pretty site. He still has several scares over His face.
Not my story but thought it fit the thread.

I've heard of stories like that one before, but I find them hard to believe. I mean, how itchy and out-of-it can you possibly be?

I stayed high virtually all summer long, and I picked at my feet constantly. I thought for sure they'd scar, but meh, not much of anything really.

I believe you can start itching your skin off, as I've done it, but stories of people literally picking holes through their cheeks and shit ... c'mon....

LOVE it. My nose and neck always itch.

It reminds me how high I am, AND it feels great to scratch it. Double-win.

I've heard of stories like that one before, but I find them hard to believe. I mean, how itchy and out-of-it can you possibly be?

I stayed high virtually all summer long, and I picked at my feet constantly. I thought for sure they'd scar, but meh, not much of anything really.

I believe you can start itching your skin off, as I've done it, but stories of people literally picking holes through their cheeks and shit ... c'mon....
This was the first time he had ever taken oc. It was really bad.

I really like them...I love the way it feels when I got that itch around my nose that isn't quite localized and when I go to rub it, it just makes my skin feel all fuzzy inside.

edit: That said, they can get annoying when it's constantly on my sock line and I'm driving. Then they're a pain in the ass lol. They're part of the experience though.