• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Do you ever feel like drugs and/or alcohol have ruined your life?

Mostly yes. The amount of damage I've done to my body, but specifically mental health is overwhelming at times. I've come a long way over the last five years; getting a good job, paying off my car. I can't forget all the times I've been to jail, to court, and the amount of guilt and depression that resulted from alcohol abuse coupled with depression and anxiety which I've struggled with my whole life. I know for a fact that alcohol/drugs exacerbated my mental health issues, but then again I don't know for sure if I would have felt this way without everything too.

Nah, I totally don't mind living without dopamine

Though, I wouldn't mind not living without dopamine either

It's whatever :)

I'm bored, I'm gonna go smoke before my rehab curfew ends!

JessFR,

I agree with the points being made. In my case opioids helped kill my pain so I could work, etc. That was a good thing. In the end I was taking so much Fentanyl and Oxycontin that I was too stupid to realize I was stupid. We all make our choices in life. Your use or non-use is your choice. I just hate to see someone who had messed up the relationships with the people who love you most, for some white powder or a patch. Buth, so be it.

LV

I've *felt* that my life was permanently ruined by drugs and alcohol, but since I've been putting my life back together again I realize that it's not true. NOTHING is truly permanent.

I've seen countless people come back from depths that I can't even imagine (prison, homelessness, HIV+, Hep C, etc.) to live happier, healthier lives than they ever dreamed possible.

"Where there's life, there's hope." - John Lennon

Very true. I've lost a lot to drugs, but I wouldn't say they ruined my life. I'm still alive and in my eyes the only way your life is truly ruined is if you die before you find your purpose

I've *felt* that my life was permanently ruined by drugs and alcohol, but since I've been putting my life back together again I realize that it's not true. NOTHING is truly permanent.

"Where there's life, there's hope." - John Lennon

Spot on!! :)