• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Do you enjoy getting stuck in loops from acid ?

college_dropout

Bluelighter
I know a few guys that love going out to nightclubs and eating enough acid that they start getting caught in loops. Makes for a CRAZY experience. If you ever do it be sure you have a sitter, otherwise the result will probably be disastrous.

The only time I've ever been stuck in loops was when I was at a festival with 20,000 other people. As it was my first time experiencing it (mental loops that is) I tried to relax and just go with it but it got too intense. There is nothing in the world that will leave you feeling as helpless as getting stuck in mental loops on LSD in public (which was actually very interesting, it's totally rewritten my definition of being helpless). It was a lot of fun but too intense for my first time so in the end and I had to get my bro to take me home. I'm definitely gonna get used to it home here and then maybe give it another shot at a rave or festival if I ever feel confident enough to handle it.

Anyone else here love the acid loops and have experienced them at a big party/club/in public??? What was your experience like?

And are there any other psychs you get the same sensation from?

I dont enjoy thought loops, though they are very uncommon in me recently. That was something I encountered alot at a younger age, but I have gotten much better at mental control since those days.

drancer said:
Can someone explain what do you mean by acid "loops"??

A thought loop occours when you get stuck in a loop of thought. You will have the same train of thoughts until you begin to sober up or snap yourself out of it.
Sorry for the poor explanation, but that is the basics of it

drancer said:
Can someone explain what do you mean by acid "loops"??
It comes from a high dose where your thoughts loop around, almost as if they're locked and teamed with a sense of extreme deja vu. If the dose is really high then the only way you'll break out of them is when you start coming down, but at that stage you might be freaking out that you'll be stuck in those loops forever and need to go to a mental hospital. At least that's what happened with me. ;)

No, for me loops all most always start happening right before the trip goes bad.

They get very annoying.

I try to avoid them.

They always go away when the trip stops though.

And no matter what happens I always remember that I took a drug, and that I will be sober eventually.

Checking myself into a mental hospital during a trip would be extremely bad.

Stupid decisions when I am under the influence are usually limited to alcohol.

This has happened to me before on almost every type of psychedelic I'v touched. I hate that shit, every time it happens I say to myself, you've really done it this time Dan, you fried your brain and your going to end up in a mental hospital for the rest of your life or a vegitable.

The few times I've gotten stuck in mental loops on acid I usually sought out an external form of entertainment that doesn't require you to think if you don't want to, like a movie for example. It distracts you from yourself and helps keep you calm, or at least, it did for me.

I don't enjoy them, which is why I don't like ketamine and acid combo's, it turns into one long non-stop loop. I don't like acid in public as it is but especially not in loop mode.

Never really been stuck in a thought loop on acid. I have on mushrooms, but have generally been able to get my way out of them.

Loops suck.

I find taking nos with acid increases the likelihood of loops occurring. (maybe its the repetitive action? load, inhale, empty, reload..over. .. over.... . over)

I got stuck in a pretty serious loop from a DOI experiance a couple weeks back. I was absolutely convinced that the loop was leading to my friend having a heart attack and I felt like I had to keep doing crazy things to change the situation to escape the loop or my friend would have a heart attack (the night started with him having a little freakout due to paying attenttion to his heart beat and it colored my experiance.

One of my buddies got stuck in a salvia loop recently and was completely freaked by it. he looked like a scared animal. I've never seen anyone freak from salvia like that.

I actually think it's probably more accurate to think that your thoughts aren't stuck in a loop but more your actual consciousness. At times it can be so intense that it's very similar to K Hole loops. Just that extreme sensation that everything is connecting.

Why would anyone enjoy getting caught in a loop?

Your description of a though loop is all too vague. I've taken mushrooms hundreds and acid maybe a dozen or so times and I never experienced an uncontrolable thought loop.

I'm thinkin a loop goes something like "I'm gonna die, i took too much, my heart is fucked, my head is fried. I'm gonna die, I took too much, my heart is fucked, my head is fried. I'm gonna die, i took too much, my heart is fucked, my head is fried. I'm gonna die, I took too much, my heart is fucked, my head is fried." I'm usually too aware of whats goin on in my head to allow something like this to happen, I'd take an objective perspective and pull myself out if it were to happen but it hasnt and I'd prolly just get bored if it did. Then again I could consider meditation to be thought loop which is rather enjoyable and brings me into a trance like state when I'm tripping.Just focus on my breathing which seems to go in a loop or else repete(sp?) a phrase over and over which brings on a flow of relaxation and allows the drugs to work its magic more efficiently.

Why hold on?

A loop has absolutely nothing to do with what you are thinking, as in "I'm going to die, I'm going crazy, I'm going to have a heart attack" etc. It's more a sensation similar to the K hole how every dimension you enter is somehow connected to the one you were just in. Not that you're entering new dimensions but you experience a sensation that is similar to it.

Your description of a though loop is all too vague
That's because it's like a K hole where you can only really understand it once you've experienced it. The loop I'm talking about only comes from a very high dose of acid.

Loops haha, I love them, you reexpirience a part of the trip with "wahwahwahWAH" in the background
I know exactly what you mean. not a thoought loop, just a loop. It's really hard to describe.

One time I got caught in a loop where I would think of something I wanted to grab from another room, go to that room, and forget what it was that I wanted to get by the time I got there. Then I would think of something else that was in another room that I wanted to get, go to that room, but forget what it was that I wanted before I got there. Then I would remember the original thing that I wanted to get from the first room, go to get it, but forget what it was. Go to room 2. Go to room 3. Go back to room 1. Et cetera. I did this for about an hour before I said 'fuck it' and gave up.

I'm sure lots of other people have gotten caught in that loop before. It's frustrating.

The Hoff Bomb said:
Loops haha, I love them, you reexpirience a part of the trip with "wahwahwahWAH" in the background
I know exactly what you mean. not a thoought loop, just a loop. It's really hard to describe.
Yaaaay!!! I know this guy gets it.
It is really hard to describe eh. It'll only ever come to you in a +++ trip that's for sure.

Trogdor said:
One time I got caught in a loop where I would think of something I wanted to grab from another room, go to that room, and forget what it was that I wanted to get by the time I got there. Then I would think of something else that was in another room that I wanted to get, go to that room, but forget what it was that I wanted before I got there. Then I would remember the original thing that I wanted to get from the first room, go to get it, but forget what it was. Go to room 2. Go to room 3. Go back to room 1. Et cetera. I did this for about an hour before I said 'fuck it' and gave up.

I'm sure lots of other people have gotten caught in that loop before. It's frustrating.

Fuck I never knew what this was until I found this thread. I was doing something similar. Running from room to room for about an hour just doing mindless shit like trying to find a pen and a bit of paper. There must be about 30 or more pens in the house lol and paper everywhere.