• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Do some people really just not feel euphoric and warm feelings from opiates?

Oh - in the UK it's the crushable ones. I know some people scrape off the coloured layer (NOT time release - to make fakes obvious) but if you smash them hard enough, you end up with the powdered later flattened out and the coloured layer in one or two pieces - easy to pick out.

But one of the ODD things about oxycodone is that the pills seem (to me) to be worse than the IV ampoules I got in hospital. I'm guessing it's because delivered via bolus, the plasma level rises more slowly than via bolus... or maybe it's because when you are truly in agony, opioids don't get you high - they just make the pain managable....

Oh - in the UK it's the crushable ones. I know some people scrape off the coloured layer (NOT time release - to make fakes obvious) but if you smash them hard enough, you end up with the powdered later flattened out and the coloured layer in one or two pieces - easy to pick out.

But one of the ODD things about oxycodone is that the pills seem (to me) to be worse than the IV ampoules I got in hospital. I'm guessing it's because delivered via bolus, the plasma level rises more slowly than via bolus... or maybe it's because when you are truly in agony, opioids don't get you high - they just make the pain managable....
yea when ever I really need a pain killer to the level, I never get high... its just so I can go through the day

Back in the day when I foolishly dabbled with opiates: morphine, codeine, Oxycodone, and hydrocodone in low or moderate doses they would make me feel sluggish, extremely itchy-to the point that I would scratch myself all red or if in the privacy of home take off my clothes and rub my nude body against a thick carpet, zoned out, or in the case of the codeine and morphine relaxed and sedated, and very nauseous like feeling that I was going to vomit. The last time I ever took an opiate decades ago was a single 5mg of oxy and it gave me horrible stomach cramps on the comedown so I never took any again. The next day constipation from opiates sucked as well.

Oddly enough, Oxycodone made me horny and very hyper or energetic swimming on a low dose of Oxycodone was fun as was playing football or running around. I am not manic or bipolar. I was always careful to never drink on opiates. They mixed very well with Indica marijuana, almost too well in that it was almost too much of both drugs. The nodding I had from opiates was not sexy or pleasant daydreams, but daytime daymares, where I was in a sort of half awake/asleep state.

I never became addicted and I never took them daily, and I was not sure how people could take them daily as the itching, nausea, and feeling all sluggish and sleepy sucked, and I didn't understand why some people claim opiates seem to 'solve all of their problems' or they feel this way while on them, or why some people seem to almost fall in love on them and quickly become addicted? I can understand if the person is in pain, or addicted and using for maintenance to get rid of withdrawal symptoms but as far as drugs go opiates are boring. My friends who have used heroin or became addicted to it said how it is nothing special and it is like basically any other opiate high in effect, only it is a lot more sedating than both codeine, and morphine are. I was always careful with the codeine tablets and syrup as I am probably an ultra-rapid metabolizer of codeine.

I took them mainly just on weekends a few times a month, or maybe three times at school when bored or someone had some Oxycodone or hydrocodone. I never snorted them, boofed or plugged them, or injected them or any drug. I never redosed or took them with other downers or uppers, besides caffeine.

I have used opiates for pain when I had dental surgery. I did not get euphoria from them.

I never used heroin despite it being the one of the easiest drugs to get and having multiple friends become addicted to it and die from it. Rest in peace Mike, Ryan, Ronnie, and Ed. The friends who survived had their lives ruined.

Last edited:
Oxycodone is the absolute most euphoric and enjoyable opioid. Period. Pharmaceutical Diamorphine (Heroin) could only compete.

My bother and I both took Oxycodone 10mg IR (opioid nieve), I have in heaven, my brother found it unpleasant (wtf)

Like having a pharmaceutical grade speedball i.v. injected and finding it unpleasant ……..Cocaine & Diacetylmorphine basically finger-f@ck the pleasure centre on the mammalian CNS

Dopamine / Serotonin / Norepinephrine (lesser extent) SIGNIFICANTLY increase from inverse agonist & TRI Cocaine HCL ……and Diamorphine is the most pleased mu-opioid agonist drugs (second to Oxycodone) I prefer Oxy

Opioids main effects second to profound analgesic properties is profound EUPHORIA, mental and physical relaxation, powerful anxiolytic properties, dopamine release in the NA reward centre, the warmest blanket of comfort and a pleasurable state of Nirvana

My bother and I both took Oxycodone 10mg IR (opioid nieve), I have in heaven, my brother found it unpleasant (wtf)

I despise oxycodone. It makes me feel like I’m in hell.

It is still the most euphoric and addictive opioid I’ve ever taken, though.

Oxycodone is the absolute most euphoric and enjoyable opioid. Period. Pharmaceutical Diamorphine (Heroin) could only compete.

I believe it increases levels of dopamine and norepinephrine. I haven't read of any serotonin levels. If you increase serotonin, it tends to reduce stimulation.

There is a book called 'Blitzed' about German drug use in the period of Nazi control. Oxycodone was commonly abused in the early 1930s but methamphetamine became the backbone of their drug consumption and when it was evident that access to opium would be restricted, methadone and a few related drugs.
Fast&bulbous noted that some weaker analogues of the methamphetamine derivatives were still in use as cough suppressants until relatively recently. You could only buy them in pharmacies but did not need a prescription.

I am one of the people that does not feel euphoria or warm feelings from opiates.

Opiate medication makes me nauseous and generally out of sorts. The warm fuzziness is just physical. While not necessarily unpleasant, it is not at all inviting.

I also get opiate induced anuria, the inability to urinate from opiate medication. Dilaudid caused such anuria I required straight catheterization to release 1 liter of urine from my bladder

I generally feel horrible after taking any type of opiate medication for pain.

Obviously I do not use opiates recreationally or abuse opiates.