• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Health Do shrooms work on Abilify?

It shouldn’t annoy you that people speak in basic neurochemistry terms. It’s hard to practice harm reduction without knowledge. The amount of time you have spent replying to me and in this thread is more than enough to have looked up and learned what agonism and antagonism means. I’m not trying to be a dick but you keep asking the same questions. Here, hope this helps:

Get you some very basic neurochemistry knowledge and things will come a lot easier as far as understanding why drugs interact the way they do. Grab a notebook, use psychonautwiki or google (never my first choice) and write down the definitions for:

Receptor
Mechanism of Action
Dopamine
Serotonin
Acetylcholine
Glutamate
GABA
Agonist
Antagonist
Downregulation
5HT

As far as the benzo phenibut alcohol thing I’m not going to continue that with you. You seem to be set in your ways on taking benzodiazepines and alcohol so for the third time “you do you bro”. LOL

Anedocts on Reddit are all good and dandy but remember that 1.everyone is different and 2. the people making those statements are who? Half the time people elaborate and the other half they are just wrong. (lol, obviously not real statistics but you get it) The science says that Abilify and psilocybin do the opposite things. They counteract each other. Agonism vs antagonism of the 5HT serotonin receptor. The only way you are gonna know how it is for YOU is to try it I guess. Personally I wouldn’t fuck with the Abilify or Prozac or none of that pharma shit but that’s another discussion I literally don’t have the time for and just my own personal preference.

In response to: “You seem to be a bit of a newer mod who is very into focussing on any and all negative effects,” again, I’m not a mod. “Social Media Staff Member” just means that I write articles and content for Bluelights social media forums. I don’t moderate anything on the forums. But seriously though dude, like that was rude though. If you peeped at my history you would see that isn’t true at all. Warning someone against dangerous interactions is not negative it’s called harm reduction.

That’s about all the energy I can put into this conversation. Take what you will or don’t. I mean, you asked…

Last edited:
It shouldn’t annoy you that people speak in basic neurochemistry terms. It’s hard to practice harm reduction without knowledge. The amount of time you have spent replying to me and in this thread is more than enough to have looked up and learned what agonism and antagonism means. I’m not trying to be a dick but you keep asking the same questions. Here, hope this helps:

Get you some very basic neurochemistry knowledge and things will come a lot easier as far as understanding why drugs interact the way they do. Grab a notebook, use psychonautwiki or google (never my first choice) and write down the definitions for:

Receptor
Mechanism of Action
Dopamine
Serotonin
Acetylcholine
Glutamate
GABA
Agonist
Antagonist
Downregulation
5HT

As far as the benzo phenibut alcohol thing I’m not going to continue that with you. You seem to be set in your ways on taking benzodiazepines and alcohol so for the third time “you do you bro”. LOL

Anedocts on Reddit are all good and dandy but remember that 1.everyone is different and 2. the people making those statements are who? Half the time people elaborate and the other half they are just wrong. (lol, obviously not real statistics but you get it) The science says that Abilify and psilocybin do the opposite things. They counteract each other. Agonism vs antagonism of the 5HT serotonin receptor. The only way you are gonna know how it is for YOU is to try it I guess. Personally I wouldn’t fuck with the Abilify or Prozac or none of that pharma shit but that’s another discussion I literally don’t have the time for and just my own personal preference.

In response to: “You seem to be a bit of a newer mod who is very into focussing on any and all negative effects,” again, I’m not a mod. “Social Media Staff Member” just means that I write articles and content for Bluelights social media forums. I don’t moderate anything on the forums. But seriously though dude, like that was rude though. If you peeped at my history you would see that isn’t true at all. Warning someone against dangerous interactions is not negative it’s called harm reduction.

Ok, well I appreciate your attempt at harm reduction and like I said, I apologize for any rudeness.

I'll look at that those videos another time.

You can laugh all you want at my not being afraid of mixing booze with benzos, fact is, I have good reasons to believe that at the very least Klonopin + alcohol is not a bad combo FOR ME. My tolerance for klonopin after so many years is ridiculous, and I've gotten drunk while taking it HUNDREDS of times. Phenibut + alcohol could be and probably is worse, but I still don't know that it's life threatening. I will consider your thoughts though, along with those of others.

As far as your "I wouldn't mess with prozac or psychiatric drugs" etc, all I'll say is my assumption is you don't have the kind of brain chemistry I do and are probably not neurodiverse with various issues that could drive you crazy like the eye-contact anxiety I used to have which prozac works so well for, and beyond that, if you are too cautious to take something like prozac then that kind of even furthers my belief that you and I have very different standards for what we'd put into our own bodies and thus, shouldn't be conversing.

If it wasn't for prozac, I'd have a very hard time even going out in public with the issues that it has curbed, and I've never gotten any really negative side effects that I'm aware of, so unless there's something else better that works, I'll stick with it, and I have a psychiatrist to talk to who believes prozac is right for me, so I'll take his advice over non-doctors on here. It's often those who haven't had the issues I have that want to tell me I shouldn't use psych meds...

Probably better that someone else respond to me from now on though since we seem not to be getting along.

Last edited:
Then maybe you should ask your psych about the ability and psilocybin ;)
Yeah, unfortunately we both know that's not an option LOL.

I will continue to ask all the questions I can't ask my doctor here. It's just too bad we can't be honest with doctors like that, not to mention they often don't know about how psychedelics work.

If I could have tried psychedelics at age 14 when I started having problems before getting on prozac I would have, just to see if they'd have worked as a replacement, but obviously I didn't know that was an option.

I did look at your videos, but still can't say I fully get the neuroscience as far as it pertains to that exact combination of shrooms plus Abilify. Never been great with this stuff.

Anyways, whatever, I know you mean well. Sometimes certain people just aren't compatible when it comes to discussion or at least certain discussions, and I can be a difficult and moody person admittedly.

Last edited:
It will certainly dampen (depends on the dose you're taking), Abilify is strong and it lasts. Apart from the damping I'd be most worried of the qualitative effects on the trip. APs impact the way you think strongly.

I'm not entirely sure why you need to be taking this drug for non bipolar/schizophrenic reasons, it's very unhealthy. But I'm also not a psychiatrist, so....

I'm not aware of any potential harmful effects, but you'll see that these drugs are not meant to be taken together. Go easy on the dose at first, good luck :)

I can tell you from personal experience that psychedelics and mdma can work on abilify. I'm currently on the shot and have been rolling and tripping.

I can tell you from personal experience that psychedelics and mdma can work on abilify. I'm currently on the shot and have been rolling and tripping.
Interesting. Seems to be a lot of conflicting information and for some people they can work and some they can'. With so many different answers here I think I should assume a reasonable possibility it could interfere with shrooms, maybe not, but regardless, I'm not all that interested in taking Abilify unless i absolutely have to, so for now that idea is on the back burner.

I do know MDMA wouldn't work on my prozac though, as so many other substances won't. I'm already barely able to be part of the world of psychedelics because of being on prozac, so I don't want to even further limit my options, but mental health is my priority over just having fun with drugs. I just believe psychedelics can potentially help if used correctly.

Thanks for the anecdote there. Hard to know the truth with so many conflicting answers. Seems to be a crap-shoot that could be based on all sorts of factors we don't understand.