View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Health Do shrooms work on Abilify?

Mycophile

Bluelighter
So, everyone is always saying that psychedelics don't work on any drugs that affect serotonin, and I know from experience that this isn't always true, as every time I have ever tripped on shrooms or LSD I have been on prozac, which I'm still on today.

I do believe that my shroom trips could have been blunted somewhat by the prozac, but I have no way of knowing as I have only ever tripped while on prozac, but for me I believe a higher dose of shrooms would give me a similar trip to a lower dose for people who dont take it.

However, now my psychiatrist is recommending Abilify for my racing thoughts, anxiety and OCD, to add on top of the prozac, and I don't know what kind of drug Abilify really is, but I know it affects serotonin.

I haven't decided if I'm going to take Abilify, but for now I'm thinking I won't because as soon as I move out of my current place (no explanation needed, i just can't grow shrooms here) I'm going to grow shrooms and start trying to use them therapeuitcally in a way I never have, and I believe they could be better for my problems than Abilify, and I don't want to lose the ability to trip.

The doc said he thinks if I got on Abilify I could possibly cut my prozac dose in half from 60mgs to 30mgs though, so then would I be more or less likely to experience a full trip on shrooms if i was only on half as much prozac but also on Abilify?

Has anyone here ever been able to trip on shrooms or anything else on Abilify?

And are there any negative interactions between Abifliy and drugs like alcohol, kratom and Phenibut? Cause I like those drugs and especially with alcohol would not want to have to quit them forever, but then again, if Abilify would really help me mentally then it could be a godsend potentially.

So...does anyone here think you can trip on shrooms on Abilify?

Abilify is not serotonergic. PLEASE read this: https://psychscenehub.com/psychinsi...-psychopharmacology-and-clinical-application/

And always read up on what the "mechanism of action" or "pharmacology" is for anything you take. Also, dont ever take alcohol and phenibut together.
I will read it, but could you tell me ahead of time, do shrooms work on Abilify? And what about other drugs? Because I am not someone who is well versed on pharmacology and probably won't understand much of that article.

Also, my psychiatrist just told me this afternoon that Abilify DOES have some effects on both serotonin and dopamine, so why would he say that if it didn't?

Also, I have drank on phenibut many times, as have many others, and I'm always fine, so why do you say that?

I mean I don't take phenibut often, but you are combining 2 GABA drugs and I know that, and it will give me rebound anxiety and sometimes a really bad hangover, but at least to the best of my knowledge it isn't dangerous to mix the 2 in terms of respiratory depression or anything that is likely to kill you or cause you permanent damage.

I mean, tons and tons of people here mix the two.

Also, for some reason I can't copy and paste from the article, and I don't understand much of it, but here are some quotes that include the word "serotonin" which to me means some kind of serotonin activity:

"Aripiprazole also exhibits a unique and broad receptor binding profile with the antagonism of serotonin 5-HT2A receptors and the partial agonist of serotonin 5-HT1A receptors."

"In terms of binding, ariprazole has very high bidning affindities to dopamine D2, dopamine D3 and serotonin 5-HT2B receptors and high binding affinities to serotonin 5-HT1A and serotonin 5-HT2A receptors."

Now, that is complete gibberish to me as someone who knows nothing about how drugs work, but I certainly here the word "serotonin" being used a lot, so why does it say that if it isn't in any way serotonergic?

Abilify blocks serotonin 2A receptors. These are the receptors that psychadelics produce their effects through (I guess you could make an argument about 5HT2C for some compounds, ie 2C-B). Abilify will block a psilocybin trip.

Abilify blocks serotonin 2A receptors. These are the receptors that psychadelics produce their effects through (I guess you could make an argument about 5HT2C for some compounds, ie 2C-B). Abilify will block a psilocybin trip.
Shit. That's what I figured.

Then again, people say Prozac will block a shroom trip, and yet I've tripped several times on shrooms. I do think it has probably blunted the effect, but they have still worked. I think if I took more than an 8th they'd work better.

Do you think Abilify blocks shrooms more or less than prozac?

Like, what if I was on less prozac but on Abilify? Probably it would still be a problem right?

See, I want to use shrooms for my issues with anxiety, depression, OCD and some other stuff, which is the same stuff the doctor wants to prescribe Abilify for.

Which would you choose if you had mental health issues like these: 1) Abilify with prozac but you can't trip or 2) just prozac (which I seem to be able to trip on) and trying to somehow use shrooms therapeutically maybe like twice a week or a bit more even in different doses?

I really believe in the power of psychedelics to help with mental health IF USED CORRECTLY, and I'm already upset that so many psychs don't work while I'm on prozac, especially seeing as I have been on it so many years that I will quite likely never be able to get off of it.

I want to have fewer racing thoughts, but I don't want to lose the ability to take mushrooms.

At least I don't have to decide right now...

Abilify is an atypical antipsychotic, so it doffers from SSRIs like Prozac. It is an antagonist of the 5-HT2a receptor, which is the main serotonin receptor subtype responsible for the effects of psychedelics. Although it is also a partial agonist at 5-HT1a. It also appears to show both agonist and antagonist activity at dopamine receptor type D2, although that should not really interact with psychedelics all that much.

But this means that Abilify is going to greatly reduce, if not outright block, the effects of psychedelics. With SSRIs like prozac, reactions vary widely, with some individuals reporting that they can trip normally, while others reporting that their trips are dulled and/or that they require far higher dosages. But Abilify (aripiprazole) is a totally different drug, and it definitely will at LEAST substantially blunt the effects, and it may outright prevent you from being able to trip.

To answer your question directly, Abilify will block mushrooms (or any psychedelic), much more than prozac will.

I will say that Abilify seems to be the most well-tolerated antipsychotic from what I have anecdotally heard, with fewer side effects than others. It really helps some people. But, it is an antipsychotic just the same, and antipsychotics are serious drugs. I'd think long and hard about it, and discuss with your doctor. For those who require antipsychotics to avoid going into psychosis, the benefits clearly outweigh the downsides. But when it is prescribed for other reasons, kike it sounds like maybe it is for you, you have to really decide whether it is worth it for you.

Do you feel that you need something more than prozac for your mental health? In other words, did you reach out to your doctor because you're needing something more because your symptoms are causing problems in your life? Or was this their idea? And most importantly, are you experiencing bouts of psychosis or paranoia or frightening, intrusive thoughts? Maybe you could ask whether there is anything else they'd be willing to try with you first, tell them that you are nervous about going on an antipsychotic because you have heard a lot of horror stores about bad side effects, or something.

Without knowing the specifics of what you're experiencing, I don't really feel comfortable giving you advice. I would say listen to your doctor, and you should listen to them, but it is also important to be informed and advocate for yourself. Modern psychiatry is not always full of good practices and some psychiatrists are basically quacks and pill pushers.

Can you explain in more detail what symptoms you are experiencing that your prozac is not helping (or maybe it's even making it worse)? How long have you been on prozac? Has it worked for you? Have you tried other SSRIs or other psychiatric drugs?

Depending on your symptoms and the answers to some of these questions, my advice might end up being that although it sucks, abilify might really be a godsend for you, and not worth sacrificing just so you can still trip. Or, my advice may be to try other things and advocate for yourself that you would prefer not to go on an antipsychotic.

But as to your question, I've answered it. Abilify will absolutely greatly reduce or entirely block psychedelics, far more than prozac does.

Abilify is an atypical antipsychotic, so it doffers from SSRIs like Prozac. It is an antagonist of the 5-HT2a receptor, which is the main serotonin receptor subtype responsible for the effects of psychedelics. Although it is also a partial agonist at 5-HT1a. It also appears to show both agonist and antagonist activity at dopamine receptor type D2, although that should not really interact with psychedelics all that much.

But this means that Abilify is going to greatly reduce, if not outright block, the effects of psychedelics. With SSRIs like prozac, reactions vary widely, with some individuals reporting that they can trip normally, while others reporting that their trips are dulled and/or that they require far higher dosages. But Abilify (aripiprazole) is a totally different drug, and it definitely will at LEAST substantially blunt the effects, and it may outright prevent you from being able to trip.

To answer your question directly, Abilify will block mushrooms (or any psychedelic), much more than prozac will.

I will say that Abilify seems to be the most well-tolerated antipsychotic from what I have anecdotally heard, with fewer side effects than others. It really helps some people. But, it is an antipsychotic just the same, and antipsychotics are serious drugs. I'd think long and hard about it, and discuss with your doctor. For those who require antipsychotics to avoid going into psychosis, the benefits clearly outweigh the downsides. But when it is prescribed for other reasons, kike it sounds like maybe it is for you, you have to really decide whether it is worth it for you.

Do you feel that you need something more than prozac for your mental health? In other words, did you reach out to your doctor because you're needing something more because your symptoms are causing problems in your life? Or was this their idea? And most importantly, are you experiencing bouts of psychosis or paranoia or frightening, intrusive thoughts? Maybe you could ask whether there is anything else they'd be willing to try with you first, tell them that you are nervous about going on an antipsychotic because you have heard a lot of horror stores about bad side effects, or something.

Without knowing the specifics of what you're experiencing, I don't really feel comfortable giving you advice. I would say listen to your doctor, and you should listen to them, but it is also important to be informed and advocate for yourself. Modern psychiatry is not always full of good practices and some psychiatrists are basically quacks and pill pushers.

Can you explain in more detail what symptoms you are experiencing that your prozac is not helping (or maybe it's even making it worse)? How long have you been on prozac? Has it worked for you? Have you tried other SSRIs or other psychiatric drugs?

Depending on your symptoms and the answers to some of these questions, my advice might end up being that although it sucks, abilify might really be a godsend for you, and not worth sacrificing just so you can still trip. Or, my advice may be to try other things and advocate for yourself that you would prefer not to go on an antipsychotic.

But as to your question, I've answered it. Abilify will absolutely greatly reduce or entirely block psychedelics, far more than prozac does.
Thanks so much for such a detailed response.

Yeah, I am really not so sure about Abilify, and thinking I probably don't want to be on it if I can possibly avoid it.

Do I feel I need something more for my mental health besides prozac?

Yes, but not sure I want whatever it is to be a prescription drug.

Steps I'm taking include: weaning off caffeine which makes my anxiety horrible and it's getting better over time, weaning off klonopin so I'm not so tired from it that I guzzle pots of coffee and can sleep better, and a whole lot of exercise, intermittent fasting and improving my diet, the Wim Hof method which you can look up...kind of complex but it helps, and as soon as I get a new apartment, growing my own shrooms to help me try to give myself psychedelic therapy.

I needed a new psychiatrist because my last one retired, and I've always had one for decades, and I needed help weaning off Klonopin and he adjusted my prozac dose.

No, I have no psychosis or schizophrenia or anything like that. I have generalized anxiety disorder, depression, OCD and some other stuff.

Initially, I needed prozac for what i call "eye-contact anxiety" which was always worrying in social situations about whether or not I was making too much or too little eye contact. It used to drive me nuts but prozac made it go away at age 14 till I started drinking massive amounts of coffee and had a panic attack at age 23 and needed to get on Klonopin, so now I am trying to get off both caffeine and klonopin and only be on the prozac.

As for mental problems I DO STILL have: I have racing negative thoughts, just worrying a lot about the future and always regretting the past and mistakes I've made, wondering how I can be happy etc. It would take a long time to get into it all.....but basically lots of anxious thoughts, feeling very negative about myself and depression is what I deal with.

However, sometimes I can channel things better than others. The less coffee I drink and the more I work out, fast and do breathing exercises and cold showers
(The Wim Hof method) and things like that, the better I feel.

My mind just drives me nuts with constant racing thoughts, but I can say that there's nothing that has silenced those kinds of thoughts better than mushrooms (Kratom would be in 2nd place, but being so addictive I keep it to a minimum.)

So yeah, that's my pretty long-winded answer lol.

It's quite possible that Abilify could help with my kinds of thoughts, but no, I'm not someone psychotic, not going to hurt myself, not hearing voices, just constantly berating myself internally for mistakes I've made and trying to figure out how to change my life.

Long post, but I don't care who knows this shit. We are all a little messed up on this forum I think.

If you could respond at some point I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

I will read it, but could you tell me ahead of time, do shrooms work on Abilify? And what about other drugs? Because I am not someone who is well versed on pharmacology and probably won't understand much of that article.

Also, my psychiatrist just told me this afternoon that Abilify DOES have some effects on both serotonin and dopamine, so why would he say that if it didn't?

Also, I have drank on phenibut many times, as have many others, and I'm always fine, so why do you say that?

I mean I don't take phenibut often, but you are combining 2 GABA drugs and I know that, and it will give me rebound anxiety and sometimes a really bad hangover, but at least to the best of my knowledge it isn't dangerous to mix the 2 in terms of respiratory depression or anything that is likely to kill you or cause you permanent damage.

I mean, tons and tons of people here mix the two.
yep right you are actually. Looks like it is a 5ht2a antagonist. It does the literal opposite of psilocybin.

You can look up case studies for the dangers of alcohol and phenibut. Just because you are fine so far doesnt mean you will always be. Here is an easy-read article: https://nootropicsrevealed.com/phenibut-and-alcohol/

Thanks for elaborating. Can I ask, are you seeing a therapist, besides a psychiatrist? Psychiatrists try to throw drugs at the problem to mask the symptoms, but therapy can help you to get to the root of the underlying reasons your brain is acting this way (likely past trauma, or perhaps life situations that are unhealthy, or PTSD, or whatever it may be; I'm sure there are reasons that you feel this way). I am a firm believer in therapy as a holistic way to actually begin to address the problems and work on improving yourself, so that you don't need drugs to mask the symptoms, because you can retrain your brain to no longer have these issues. It can be hard, especially at first, and you might have to try a few therapists until you find one that you click with. But let's say you go on Abilify, and it helps to calm the racing thoughts and anxiety. Well, it's just a band-aid, really, The underlying reasons will still be there. Some people legitimately have mental imbalances because of disorders of the mind, like bipolar or treatment resistant severe clinical depression, for example. But most people become this way because they have past experiences that are traumatic or damaging, that they have never addressed or worked on fixing. Sometimes people can go their whole lives without even ever having truly identified why they feel the way they do. But a good therapist can help you to identify, and then help you to learn to resolve those traumas or whatever they are, and then you may find that you no longer need the drugs. Psychiatric drugs can be truly helpful for people, and they have their place, no doubt. But I think in America and much of the West, we tend to avoid trying to actually fix the problem and instead try to get people on cocktails of drugs that make their brains basically be able to ignore the problems. But that's not true healing.

yep right you are actually. Looks like it is a 5ht2a antagonist. It does the literal opposite of psilocybin.

You can look up case studies for the dangers of alcohol and phenibut. Just because you are fine so far doesnt mean you will always be. Here is an easy-read article: https://nootropicsrevealed.com/phenibut-and-alcohol/
That honestly doesn't give any scientific explanation i didn't already know.

Like, actually I'm on Klonopin but trying to wean off, and that's a 3rd GABA drug, which would make the combo even worse, but truth is, doctors will tell you to "NEVER ever combine any kind of benzo with alcohol" and yet, I have been doing it for decades.

So would you be of just the same mindset about the mixture of klonopin and alcohol as phenibut and alcohol?

If so, I wouldn't take that seriously.

The 2 potentiate eachother, yes, but I haven't read of a case of anyone dying of respiratory depression from the combo. It's more that you are just going to get super messed up.

I have actually discussed this with other mods before, and they pretty much said the same thing: you'll just get really really fucked up, but chances are it's not lethal.

Thanks for elaborating. Can I ask, are you seeing a therapist, besides a psychiatrist? Psychiatrists try to throw drugs at the problem to mask the symptoms, but therapy can help you to get to the root of the underlying reasons your brain is acting this way (likely past trauma, or perhaps life situations that are unhealthy, or PTSD, or whatever it may be; I'm sure there are reasons that you feel this way). I am a firm believer in therapy as a holistic way to actually begin to address the problems and work on improving yourself, so that you don't need drugs to mask the symptoms, because you can retrain your brain to no longer have these issues. It can be hard, especially at first, and you might have to try a few therapists until you find one that you click with. But let's say you go on Abilify, and it helps to calm the racing thoughts and anxiety. Well, it's just a band-aid, really, The underlying reasons will still be there. Some people legitimately have mental imbalances because of disorders of the mind, like bipolar or treatment resistant severe clinical depression, for example. But most people become this way because they have past experiences that are traumatic or damaging, that they have never addressed or worked on fixing. Sometimes people can go their whole lives without even ever having truly identified why they feel the way they do. But a good therapist can help you to identify, and then help you to learn to resolve those traumas or whatever they are, and then you may find that you no longer need the drugs. Psychiatric drugs can be truly helpful for people, and they have their place, no doubt. But I think in America and much of the West, we tend to avoid trying to actually fix the problem and instead try to get people on cocktails of drugs that make their brains basically be able to ignore the problems. But that's not true healing.
I've talked to therapists my whole life, and truth is, I have a different kind of brain that does need certain drugs like prozac, and really they aren't just band-aids for people like me as they treat a chemical imbalance I have.

I have non verbal learning disability which technically puts me on the autism spectrum, and I have a history of weird symptoms like the eye-contact anxiety I told you about, and one horrible panic attack, which are basically based more on the physical way my brain is than anything therapy would treat. I just discussed this with my psychiatrist yesterday and how some of these symptoms are more like seizures than anything else and not really in my control or based very likely on past trauma.

However, that said, I would prefer not to go on Abilify if I have a choice. But one weird thing is there are people on reddit who say they were able to trip balls on shrooms while on Abilify, so it's not universal.

But what I'm saying is, my brain is different in some ways. I'm what they call "neurodiverse."

That honestly doesn't give any scientific explanation i didn't already know.

Like, actually I'm on Klonopin but trying to wean off, and that's a 3rd GABA drug, which would make the combo even worse, but truth is, doctors will tell you to "NEVER ever combine any kind of benzo with alcohol" and yet, I have been doing it for decades.

So would you be of just the same mindset about the mixture of klonopin and alcohol as phenibut and alcohol?

If so, I wouldn't take that seriously.

The 2 potentiate eachother, yes, but I haven't read of a case of anyone dying of respiratory depression from the combo. It's more that you are just going to get super messed up.

I have actually discussed this with other mods before, and they pretty much said the same thing: you'll just get really really fucked up, but chances are it's not lethal.
IDK what answers you are looking for here then, really. Psilo - a 5ht2a agonist vs abilify - a 5ht2a antagonist. There's not much more science to it other than the proposed notion that psilocybin mimics serotonin rather than simply agonizes it.

On the alcohol, phenibut, benzo thing - respiratory depression isn't the only risk of interactions. But hey man you do you. Just saying those rappers die from drinking on benzos and shit. All the time. Docs arent telling you not to drink on benzos to be funny, theres legit reason there.

Last edited:
IDK what answers you are looking for here then, really. Psilo - a 5ht2a agonist vs abilify - a 5ht2a antagonist. There's not much more science to it other than the proposed notion that psilocybin mimics serotonin rather than simply agonizes it.

On the alcohol, phenibut, benzo thing - respiratory depression isn't the only risk of interactions. But hey man you do you. Just saying those rappers die from drinking on benzos and shit. All the time. Docs arent telling you not to drink on benzos to be funny, theres legit reason there.
So you would say exactly the same thing about mixing Klonopin with alcohol as mixing Phenibut with alcohol and think the dangers are equal?

See, that's again where I would disregard that from my decades worth of experience of being fine mixing klonopin and alcohol, and like I said, i actually made a thread about mixing alcohol with phenibut like 2 months ago and got responses from other mods who said that really it's not that dangerous, you are just likely to get very sloppy, but not actually die.

I also had doctors tell me that the risk of dying by mixing klonopin with alcohol isn't really all that big, and I haven't heard of those rappers. You could tell me which to look up if you want. But then they also say not to drink on prozac and I'm on that.

I feel like there's minor, moderate and major negative interactions with drugs and you can find see that on drug interaction checker, and while Phenibut isn't on there, I bet the mix between that and alcohol would be considered moderate and not severe, not like mixing MAOIs with SSRIs or taking large amounts of oxycodone and then getting shitfaced drunk.

When rappers die from mixing benzos with booze, what is the cause of death? Respiratory depression? I have never experienced that.

Not saying I won't consider what you are saying, at least with regards to Phenibut, but that I'm certainly not concerned about drinking on Klonopin, and that there are many interactions people are told to avoid that aren't actually anywhere near as serious as they are made out to be.

As far as your first comment though, I don't understand pharmacology.

What does it mean to say that Psilocybin is a 5ht2A agonist vs abilify being a 5h2A antagonist?

Here's a link to a thread I made about mixing alcohol, phenibut and klonopin including moderators responses that made me think it's not that bad to mix these drugs. Basically, they were saying your risk of having an accident and blacking out and all of that is increased of course, but not that likely to kill a person in terms of them just stopping breathing due to respiratory depression:

Now obviously there is SOME risk, but I just don't believe the risk is SEVERE like certain drugs that directly negatively interact like MAOIs and SSRIs for example.

It seems less like a direct negative interaction and more of a "playing with fire, you might be ok and you might not be ok" kind of thing. So yes, I should consider that in my choices. I know it's playing with fire, so perhaps I shouldn't, and I don't mix the 2 with frequency, but so far I haven't been led to think it's going to kill me.

Here's a link to a thread I made about mixing alcohol, phenibut and klonopin including moderators responses that made me think it's not that bad to mix these drugs. Basically, they were saying your risk of having an accident and blacking out and all of that is increased of course, but not that likely to kill a person in terms of them just stopping breathing due to respiratory depression:

Now obviously there is SOME risk, but I just don't believe the risk is SEVERE like certain drugs that directly negatively interact like MAOIs and SSRIs for example.

It seems less like a direct negative interaction and more of a "playing with fire, you might be ok and you might not be ok" kind of thing. So yes, I should consider that in my choices. I know it's playing with fire, so perhaps I shouldn't, and I don't mix the 2 with frequency, but so far I haven't been led to think it's going to kill me.
You do you bro. You can run in for a long time but sooner or later… as they say.

The “pharmacology” of 5HT2a affinity was explained by more than one user in this thread already

You do you bro. You can run in for a long time but sooner or later… as they say.

The “pharmacology” of 5HT2a affinity was explained by more than one user in this thread already
Yeah but I still don't really understand it.

Does that mean that Abilify directly counteracts shrooms or not?

Cause some people are saying it would totally block shrooms and others have said shrooms worked for them on Abilify.

And I can tell you that if I think that there's a serious chance of me dying or having permanent damage from mixing alcohol with Phenibut then I would NOT do it, but again, so far from those responses and others, it really just seem like a "you could black out and get in an accident/slip hit your head" etc kind of thing that doesn't really scare me, more than a "this drug will have a specific negative interaction to kill you" thing.

You are basically told not to drink on ANY psychiatric meds at all, so we have to figure out which ones are TRULY dangerous and how dangerous the combos are.

You seem to be saying that if I ocassionally mix booze and phenibut then sooner or later it will kill me? That isn't necessarily true you know?

I can say that I'm not even drinking these days, so maybe I will re-open that thread and get more future responses and read up on the combo more and I could change my mind, but I have never been scared of the klonopin + alcohol interaction and I'm still not.

You seem to be a bit of a newer mod who is very into focussing on any and all negative effects, whereas the older mods are a bit less quick to say that certain interactions are likely to be lethal unless they truly believe it to be the case.

But, I will still consider your warnings as a factor in my future decisions.

Dude you are way overthinking what I am doing. I’m not a mod and even if I was being a mod doesn’t mean you are an expert. I was simply trying to throw out some simple harm reduction. Not engage in long responses and arguments.

Dude you are way overthinking what I am doing. I’m not a mod and even if I was being a mod doesn’t mean you are an expert. I was simply trying to throw out some simple harm reduction. Not engage in long responses and arguments.
Fair enough. I'm not trying to argue, and I appreciate your advice as it is well intentioned and it's made me think more about the combination for the future. I'm just saying that you are probably saying not to mix Phenibut with booze for the exact same reason we are told not to mix benzos with booze, and as someone with decades of drinking on Klonopin that doesn't scare me, so I'm not sure why the former should. It sucks that we don't have doctors on here most likely who have studied all these drug interactions, but it's not like i don't know a doctor would tell me not to do it, as they already tell you not to drink on klonopin. It's hard to say at times what is a moderate interaction vs a SEVERE interaction, but I am aware that the risks are there.

I still don't understand though, what does this mean? "Psilo - a 5ht2a agonist vs abilify - a 5ht2a antagonist. There's not much more science to it other than the proposed notion that psilocybin mimics serotonin rather than simply agonizes it."

I don't know what agonists or antagonists are, and it kind of annoys me that it's assumed by everyone in this forum that we all have advanced knowledge of neuroscience and pharmacology. None of those words mean much to me.

Is there anyway, in layman's terms, you could explain what is being said about shrooms + Abilfy?

And how could it be that some are saying Abilify would block shrooms completely while there are reports of people tripping on Abilify on Reddit?

So I guess the answer has been settled that at least most of us think Abilify blocks shrooms?

If so, I'm confused as to why there are still reports on reddit of Abilify users tripping on shrooms, but then again, we know many things like some SSRIs can block some psychs and others don't.

Maybe no one really knows?