• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Do shrooms not work for some people?

i have tried shrooms several times. and nothing, first time i ate a gram. then i ate 3.5 grams. then i ground up 3.5 grams made some tea, still nothing. there where people there with me taking the same dose and they felt it . i also have the same luck with thc edibles. i can smoke weed and feel it but not eat it.

I’ve experimented with shrooms quite extensively this year and can add a pov

A little background - I’m on the autism spectrum and adhd as well. I do not take any medications though, but I often wonder if my neurodivergent nature relates to how I process seratonin-related drugs

I tried shrooms for the first time maybe 10 months ago (I was also pretty severely depressed at the time) and since then I’ve taken about 20 oz of strong (numerous strains), of dried mushrooms, over the course of many trips.

-The first time I tried was about a gram; nothing
-Next time I did about 3.5 - mostly just ended up feeling irritated
-The time after that I bumped to 10g - and it all came together. I wasn’t having major visuals or anything, but was able to reflect on repressed trauma; I found some kind of peace and felt hope for the first time in a long time
-I really wish I could experience a full out of body trip, but alas no; I’ve gone up to a full oz in one dose on a few occasions, and have had some very healing experiences, but I’m not speaking to deities or anything- even at an oz I get a little queasy but otherwise totally functional - usually go for a hike etc.

So for me psilocybin has been very healing, but I have to take a ton to get much from it, and have never experienced a time where I couldn’t hold a normal conversation, etc.

fwiw I also have a super strong tolerance to cannabis - especially anything edible

I started trying some dmt recently - I certainly get an intense body feeling (unpleasant) but not getting much in the way of visuals there

I guess everyone processes things a little differently but taking more did get me to a good place

The psychedelic experience can be suppressed.

I've seen many people have breakthrough doses of 5-meo-DMT and not feel the effects, but that is more common than with LSD/shrooms.

I know a woman (ex girlfriend of a close friend) who had no effect from LSD. She's not enlightened. Far from it. She's just not letting the drug do it's thing.

It comes from control, I think. Some people find it very difficult to let go.

With 5-meo-DMT you have to let go. Everybody dose. The more you let go, the deeper you go and the more effect the drug has. Same thing applies to Amanita Muscaria. People say these drugs come in waves, but that is the user coming out of the experience rather than staying in it.

With other psychedelics, most people don't have to let go. It just happens. But, yeah, I've encountered people who hold on tight.

We can let go when we're sober, too. Psychedelics just make it easier.

This is very well stated. I have not heard of Nardil in years. It is an MAOI that is always listed in the what not to mix with foods and meds. And in this case it helped someone.

But from what we know about MAOI would that not increase the strength of the mus
Yeah, thats what I thought. The literature and my mentor told me to reduce the Nardil dose or the trip mighr be mire than I bargained for. Oh well, I've been approved for Spravato, will see how that goes.
Nice handle, though you seem more of an Augustwest type
i am replying to start a conversation about Nardil. my dr. psychiatrist wants to take me off the ssri's ive been on an switch me to nardil, after a two week taper off these old ones. i've never taken an maoi. i have treatment resistant depression and MDD. its terrible. i'm 64 and am still struggling . so anything you can tell me about your experirence with either the nardil or spravato would be enlightening. tia - happyone

When I was on between 1600 and 2400 mg. Gabapentin a day as prescribed, MDMA and mushrooms were viciously attenuated almost no response.

After a month wash out with no gabapentin, everything started working normally again.

Gabapentin is known to affect the serotonin system, in fact, with certain other medications, it seems it may contribute to serotonin syndrome (tramadol)

I don't know that gabapentin would dampen your experience, however, pregabalin is the same class of medication a gabapentinoid and it made you the same thing