• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Do shrooms make anybody else feel like shit?

cyberius

Bluelight Crew
Everytime I take shrooms I feel like shit on the comedown. I feel very depressed and I often want to isolate myself and dwell on all the negative problems in my life. It's really unpleasant while it lasts but afterwards I feel extremely calm and relaxed, like the shrooms fixed latent problems in my consciousness.

Does anybody else feel like this after taking shrooms?

Last edited:
Yup, happened to me twice. Third time I took fewer shrooms and smoked some pot with them and I felt much better but it was still there. Ultimately though I think the trip is only half the experience...the other half is that quiet, introverted comedown space where the trip is integrated. Some people who are introverted already have a much more extreme integration half of the experience I think.

Shrooms make me feel incredible, but drugs - especially psychedelics - affect people in dramatically different ways.
I feel so fresh and rejuvenated as i integrate mushroom trips.
Suppose i'm just lucky.

But it's like how some people really can't enjoy cannabis. A very individual thing.

Nope, never! It is the most awesome feeling I have ever experienced, bar none.

Shrooms make me feel incredible, but drugs - especially psychedelics - affect people in dramatically different ways.
I feel so fresh and rejuvenated as i integrate mushroom trips.
Suppose i'm just lucky.

But it's like how some people really can't enjoy cannabis. A very individual thing.

Could be because I have OCD though I guess. It makes my OCD very bad until I fully realize the lack of validity in my fears.

This isn't negative in the slightest though, I just feel like I should emphasize that! I find it to be the main reason why I love the fungus so much =D

Last edited:
I always feel incredible once I start coming down. The come-up and peak are usually full of self-loathing/hyper-criticism though IME.

If you seem to dislike so many aspects of mushrooms... why don't you try LSD or something less self-critical instead? Mushies are very low on my personal list of 'best psychedelics' because they make me upset with myself nine times out of ten.

Personally the extent of negative feelings I get on the comedown from shrooms go as far as feeling really disappointed the trip is winding up haha...but besides the usual rollercoaster of emotions shrooms throw at me, I can't say I've felt overly negative during the comedown

I feel physically dreadful on mushrooms; numb, weak, drunk tired etc and find the trip tends towards the negative agitated etc. Often the trip which is fairly short is ok but this shitty feeling lasts for easy 4hours. Lots of people would put mushrooms as there favourite but there is a fair proportion of psychedelic users I know dislike mushrooms; you say you feel likes it’s fixed latent problems so it’s not bad just not something you’d take out of enjoyment; I find them of limited help overall, the helpful trips were mostly years and years back; I wouldn’t say LSD is less critical as such - full of souls searching for me but many seem to do better off one of the two than the other.

During the comeup mushrooms make me feel physically pretty weird, still some unpleasant physical sensations during the peak & after as well...mentally they're quite the roller coaster, I always end up somewhere really nice but I might go through hell to get there.

In terms of what I can gain from the experience id say mushrooms are very primitive compared to other psychedelics, great for hitting a "reset" button every once in a while but definitely not as useful as a lot of compounds are to me (phenethylamines being the most useful to me)...I see the times when I take shrooms as sort of "paying my dues", & a reminder to stay somewhat humble, personally...

The way shrooms make me feel like shit is by confusing, mystifying and humbling me beyond a reasonable point where I found even say DMT to stop; but no on the comedown even, or I should say especially, after a bloodcurdling experience I got an afterglow, felt like a million bucks, thankful and glad to be alive.

I have felt like shit during mushrooms (though to be fair I have on other things as well), because of being overwhelmed with confusing and uncontrollable emotions, but afterwards I feel better than on almost anything, I always get to this beautiful, confident, thankful place even when I've had a terrifying trip.

My girlfriend, however, reacts like you... she's taken mushrooms only a few times, but every time she ends it in a dark, negative place, which lasts for a day or 2. One time she tripped with me, and we had a really nice, light trip filled with fun, but then on the comedown she got really withdrawn and the experience made her realize she always responds this way to them. Or at least, she probably always will. She wants to try LSD with me next.

Everytime I take shrooms I feel like shit on the comedown. I feel very depressed and I often want to isolate myself and dwell on all the negative problems in my life. It's really unpleasant while it lasts but afterwards I feel extremely calm and relaxed, like the shrooms fixed latent problems in my consciousness.

Does anybody else feel like this after taking shrooms?

This is why many people regard these substances as spiritual tools or teachers, rather than party drugs. You can't always predict the experience you're going to get when tinkering with powerful hallucinogen, and this seems like a very common outcome. I've had these experiences about 25% of the time with shrooms.

Cant say i relate to this. However i have only done shrooms one time, i ate 3.5 grams on an empty stomach and had relatively no come down.

Mushrooms make me cycle through lots of feelings, from feeling like a god to feeling super scared. All psychedelics tend to give me difficult come downs.

I never had the pleasure of picking them myself; I generally don't put too much hype on anything from dealers. But the two times I went picking amanita muscaria mushrooms near Washington State, I loved the experience immensely. But these were fresh and just a personal preference. But from what I've heard, aside from nausea, the comedown should be more of a pleasant afterglow instead.

Shrooms are strange. But when I find them I pick them. I thought shroom season was over. But we have had a lot of rain and cooler temps. So a friend and I went to another friends land who has cows and we found so many shrooms.

The trip felt just like 4-aco-Dmt, mind fuck and all. This morning I feel a little achy and sore. And tired. I feel like I don't have much motivation to do anything but lay in bed. But it's only 7:10 in the morning. I wake up early everyday (whether I want to or not) but I usually am a morning person. Not today tho. I don't think I usually feel like this the day after 4-aco trip. Been a while since I did mushrooms. But overall was great, until I got caught in a mind loop fuck. That sucked

2mg2omb.jpg

Oh oh and this shroom trip was good because no nausea, no bad come down. I actually have gotten nauseated from 4-aco a few times. But nothing with these cubensis. I ate them fresh, the 5th one was pretty hard to swallow. Literally.

Last edited:
I had vert difficult mushrooms experiences too. First because I truly loathed their flavour; to some this might read like a little thing, but to me, just with psylocibe mushrooms, their flavour constituted a real barrier. A psychological malady where I would feel the mushrooms flavour in all the cells of my body.
Nausea and weakness will follow. Sometimes I could breakthrough and had amazing moments of psychedelic clarity, more like LSD experiences are to me.
I came to the conclusion that to enjoy mushrooms I must have perfect health and be in a perfect physical and psychological form. If I smoke a tobacco cigarette a week ago I will have a bad trip. I need at least a month of pure healthy living to enjoy the mushroom trip.

Cosmic:_ape
I don't mind the taste of them. They do have a certain taste that I can understand some may not like.
Mushrooms can get dark, and weird. When I thought my last mushroom hunt for the season was over in April, I had the 4-aco-Dmt. I was certain I could tell the difference between the 2.
But now I don't know. At least I could not tell any difference between the two yesterday . It felt identical to 4-aco-dmt. And lately I have been avoiding 4-aco-dmt because of the weird, dark feelings I would have. Things became no fun. I had a pretty scary trip on it a few months back. I decided to give it break after that.

It depends on the strain. Certain low potency strains like the ones that you have to take 3.5 grams to trip do make me feel like shit throughout, but let me tell you, I had a friend that grew some blue meanies and some other strain, and you only needed 1-2 grams of those. The trip was also different, much cleaner. Somebody else that ate them with us was asking if we dropped acid on the caps because of how clean and hard they hit lol!