• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Do opioids exacerbate Psychosis?

X11400

Bluelighter
By opioids I mean the typically sedating ones such as Fentany,Diacetylmorphine,morphine,hydromorphone, and Oxymorphone. I am excluding hallucinogenic opioids such as methadone,dextromethorphan,levomethorphan,andtramadol. Okay sorry about that, I know y’all wanted a question so ima give it to y’all. My question is do the first group of opioids I listed exacerbate or induce psychosis in a way as reliable as Jwh-18,ketamine, psilocybin, or amphetamine binges lasting day?
If not, are they appreciable antipsychotics?

Idk but I’ve noticed I’ve had a short fuse since I’ve been taking them. Or it could be marijuana.

I have never heard of opioids exacerbating or causing psychosis, I am sure some others will chime in.

I have never heard of opioids exacerbating or causing psychosis, I am sure some others will chime in.
Hey it’s you again 😬. But I’m sure that tramadol, dextromethorphan (not just a dissociative,also an appreciable opioid agonist), and dextromethadone(If that’s the strongly glutaminergic isomer(correct me if I’m wrong) have the propensity to elicit psychotic reactions.

How? They only slowed me down even in low doses I experienced 0 paranoia other than worries of overdosing due to the DARE Ingrainment prior to my onset. This is a stark contrast to weed which had me paranoid the first time I smoked where I thought regular people at the park were gonna call the cops on me for just sitting on the bench obviously stoned.

Morphine makes me able to think straight.
They allow me to function.
Without morphine I fall into some strange confused, pain, pain, pain, not able to think through the deep fog of severe pain.
I cannot function at all without them.

I have true chronic pain/injury.

Morphine makes me able to think straight.
They allow me to function.
Without morphine I fall into some strange confused, pain, pain, pain, not able to think through the deep fog of severe pain.
I cannot function at all without them.

I have true chronic pain/injury.
Are you schizophrenic? Neutral opinion on your dependence on opioids as I’m a tobacco smoker (and I’m addicted to the worse drug here aside from overdose risk in uneducated/intoxicated individuals) I’ll accept some anecdotes but keep in mind that this is the “neuroscience and pharmacology” sub forum and scientific evidence in the form of videos or publications are needed.

Add adulterants/fentanyl and it’s derivatives.

Are you schizophrenic? Neutral opinion on your dependence on opioids as I’m a tobacco smoker (and I’m addicted to the worse drug here aside from overdose risk in uneducated/intoxicated individuals) I’ll accept some anecdotes but keep in mind that this is the “neuroscience and pharmacology” sub forum and scientific evidence in the form of videos or publications are needed.

Add adulterants/fentanyl and it’s derivatives.
No. I have zero mental health issues besides some PTSD.

I have physical injury.
It is strange how when you have real pain it brings you from a level that is WAY down up to a more “normal” level.
not “high” just more “normal”.

By opioids I mean the typically sedating ones such as Fentany,Diacetylmorphine,morphine,hydromorphone, and Oxymorphone. I am excluding hallucinogenic opioids such as methadone,dextromethorphan,levomethorphan,andtramadol. Okay sorry about that, I know y’all wanted a question so ima give it to y’all. My question is do the first group of opioids I listed exacerbate or induce psychosis in a way as reliable as Jwh-18,ketamine, psilocybin, or amphetamine binges lasting day?
If not, are they appreciable antipsychotics?

The only opiate that makes me psychotic is methadone. In the past this was never a problem and one of my favourite opiates but now I cannot take it ever again. Oh well. Never tried mixing them with anti-psychotics, it's just not worth the risk to me with so many other more positive opiates around.

No. I have zero mental health issues besides some PTSD.

I have physical injury.
It is strange how when you have real pain it brings you from a level that is WAY down up to a more “normal” level.
not “high” just more “normal”.
Oh your post was slightly irrelevant but good luck with the chronic pain. I’m not sure what’s worse, pain or schizophrenia lol.

The only opiate that makes me psychotic is methadone. In the past this was never a problem and one of my favourite opiates but now I cannot take it ever again. Oh well. Never tried mixing them with anti-psychotics, it's just not worth the risk to me with so many other more positive opiates around.
So you’re vulnerable to psychosis, but have you been formally diagnosed (informal can work if you know your shit I guess) with bipolar/schizophrenia? And yeah in my one experience with methadone, it was definitely trippy/dissociating; although I’m not sure which stereoisomer of methadone that pill was.

Oh your post was slightly irrelevant but good luck with the chronic pain. I’m not sure what’s worse, pain or schizophrenia lol.
Well it was information stating that I do NOT find opiates to cause psychosis.
The opposite In fact.

yeah, we Both have it bad.
Good luck with your schizophrenia and Thank you.

So you’re vulnerable to psychosis, but have you been formally diagnosed (informal can work if you know your shit I guess) with bipolar/schizophrenia? And yeah in my one experience with methadone, it was definitely trippy/dissociating; although I’m not sure which stereoisomer of methadone that pill was.

Yes, vulnerable to psychosis. I have schizophrenia but do not suffer from it. In fact, I'm completely rational. I just need to be careful with certain substances but I know for let's say 95% as an estimate, that I know what substances I can ingest.
I have been diagnosed, yes, hospitalised, yes, mentally tortured, yes. In hospitals i kept myself busy analysing other's deseases as a hobby but I never figured out what bipolar is or whether it even exists.

Yes, vulnerable to psychosis. I have schizophrenia but do not suffer from it. In fact, I'm completely rational. I just need to be careful with certain substances but I know for let's say 95% as an estimate, that I know what substances I can ingest.
I have been diagnosed, yes, hospitalised, yes, mentally tortured, yes. In hospitals i kept myself busy analysing other's deseases as a hobby but I never figured out what bipolar is or whether it even exists.
Lol yeah I was grandiose in that bitch and I was thinking that I was one of the doctors because of the fallacies that I pointed out in their logic (even though I was delusional, I can still say now that they were saying some dumb shit, though not all) Are you on neuroleptics?

I don't need anti-psychotics but I have a bunch of seroquel around. As a sleep-aid perhaps but never for any other reason...

I don't need anti-psychotics but I have a bunch of seroquel around. As a sleep-aid perhaps but never for any other reason...
Yeah nobody needs to take any drug to be honest but it can help stabilize us if we’re psychotic. So same here on that keeping neuroleptics around part.