• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Do drugs like bupe and suboxone get you high?

First off, don't be hard on yourself about literacy. You're asking important questions, and it's crucial to be informed about these topics.

Opioid replacement or maintenance therapies, like buprenorphine (Subutex), buprenorphine/naloxone (Suboxone), and methadone, are used to help individuals with opioid use disorder (OUD) reduce or quit their use of opioids like heroin or prescription pain relievers. Here's a breakdown of these medications:

1. Buprenorphine (Subutex) and Buprenorphine/Naloxone (Suboxone):
    • Euphoria/High: At low doses in opioid-naive individuals (people who have not been regularly using opioids), buprenorphine can produce euphoria similar to other opioids. However, buprenorphine is a partial opioid agonist, meaning it doesn't activate the opioid receptors in the brain to the same degree as full agonists like heroin or methadone. This "ceiling effect" limits the high that can be achieved, especially in individuals with opioid tolerance.
    • Use in Therapy: The inclusion of naloxone in Suboxone is designed to deter misuse. If someone tries to inject Suboxone, the naloxone component can precipitate withdrawal. However, when taken as prescribed (sublingually, or under the tongue), the naloxone has little to no effect.
  2. Methadone:
    • Euphoria/High: Methadone is a full opioid agonist, so it can produce euphoria, especially at higher doses or in opioid-naive individuals. However, when used in a structured treatment program, the doses are adjusted to prevent euphoria while also preventing withdrawal.
    • Use in Therapy: Methadone maintenance treatment involves daily dosing, usually in a clinic setting, to ensure appropriate use and reduce the risk of diversion or misuse.
  3. Naloxone (Narcan):
    • This is an opioid antagonist used to reverse opioid overdoses. It does not produce euphoria or any opioid-like effects. Instead, it rapidly displaces opioids from their receptors in the brain, reversing the respiratory depression that can be fatal in an overdose.
  4. Loperamide (Imodium):
    • This is an opioid agonist that primarily acts on the mu-opioid receptors in the intestines. It's used to treat diarrhea. While it's technically an opioid, it doesn't cross the blood-brain barrier effectively at normal doses, so it doesn't produce euphoria or typical opioid effects. However, at very high doses (well above the recommended dosage), there have been reports of misuse with individuals trying to achieve euphoria or self-treat withdrawal, which can be dangerous.
In summary, buprenorphine and methadone can produce euphoria, especially in opioid-naive individuals, but their primary use in therapy is to stabilize individuals with OUD, preventing the highs and lows of opioid misuse and reducing cravings and withdrawal. When used as prescribed and under medical supervision, these medications can be effective tools in the treatment of OUD.

First off, don't be hard on yourself about literacy. You're asking important questions, and it's crucial to be informed about these topics.

Opioid replacement or maintenance therapies, like buprenorphine (Subutex), buprenorphine/naloxone (Suboxone), and methadone, are used to help individuals with opioid use disorder (OUD) reduce or quit their use of opioids like heroin or prescription pain relievers. Here's a breakdown of these medications:

1. Buprenorphine (Subutex) and Buprenorphine/Naloxone (Suboxone):
    • Euphoria/High: At low doses in opioid-naive individuals (people who have not been regularly using opioids), buprenorphine can produce euphoria similar to other opioids. However, buprenorphine is a partial opioid agonist, meaning it doesn't activate the opioid receptors in the brain to the same degree as full agonists like heroin or methadone. This "ceiling effect" limits the high that can be achieved, especially in individuals with opioid tolerance.
    • Use in Therapy: The inclusion of naloxone in Suboxone is designed to deter misuse. If someone tries to inject Suboxone, the naloxone component can precipitate withdrawal. However, when taken as prescribed (sublingually, or under the tongue), the naloxone has little to no effect.
  2. Methadone:
    • Euphoria/High: Methadone is a full opioid agonist, so it can produce euphoria, especially at higher doses or in opioid-naive individuals. However, when used in a structured treatment program, the doses are adjusted to prevent euphoria while also preventing withdrawal.
    • Use in Therapy: Methadone maintenance treatment involves daily dosing, usually in a clinic setting, to ensure appropriate use and reduce the risk of diversion or misuse.
  3. Naloxone (Narcan):
    • This is an opioid antagonist used to reverse opioid overdoses. It does not produce euphoria or any opioid-like effects. Instead, it rapidly displaces opioids from their receptors in the brain, reversing the respiratory depression that can be fatal in an overdose.
  4. Loperamide (Imodium):
    • This is an opioid agonist that primarily acts on the mu-opioid receptors in the intestines. It's used to treat diarrhea. While it's technically an opioid, it doesn't cross the blood-brain barrier effectively at normal doses, so it doesn't produce euphoria or typical opioid effects. However, at very high doses (well above the recommended dosage), there have been reports of misuse with individuals trying to achieve euphoria or self-treat withdrawal, which can be dangerous.
In summary, buprenorphine and methadone can produce euphoria, especially in opioid-naive individuals, but their primary use in therapy is to stabilize individuals with OUD, preventing the highs and lows of opioid misuse and reducing cravings and withdrawal. When used as prescribed and under medical supervision, these medications can be effective tools in the treatment of OUD.
❤️❤️👏🏼👏🏼

Ok.. well then you can. Can you devise a taper plan? There is plenty of resources on here to talk about ways to make WD’s easier. The top two items, are loperamide and black seed oil. IMO.. also, imperative you start to drink tons of fluids, (not booze!) healthy diet, good sleep, and lots of exercise.

Also, this helped me, but can yon get your hands on some low dose psilocybin?? I’m talking about .5-1mg per dose..
I did psilocybin while I was coming off Suboxone and it definitely helped me

If you have no tolerance to opiates Bupe will definitely get you high, except it's not as euphoric as other opiates. It can be very intoxicating if you take a whole 8 mg strip with no tolerance. But if you are going on it to come off dope or pills you won't feel much. I'm currently on 16 mgs of Suboxone and I'm used to it

Bupe has a love hate relationship

wish I never snorted subutex I still kinda regret it but there are terrrible days when a would just shave a tiny bit off the oval tex one’s with the swords, filter it w/ .22um and iv and get a rush much like if I shot up a decent dose of oxycodone (15-40mg iv is decent)

i would usually snort 1-2 mg of Tex and be nodding but please remember the wds CAN last for over a month!! You’ve been warned I’d rather smoke hash and take some klonopin before I ever started on sub again

Bupe has a love hate relationship

wish I never snorted subutex I still kinda regret it but there are terrrible days when a would just shave a tiny bit off the oval tex one’s with the swords, filter it w/ .22um and iv and get a rush much like if I shot up a decent dose of oxycodone (15-40mg iv is decent)

i would usually snort 1-2 mg of Tex and be nodding but please remember the wds CAN last for over a month!! You’ve been warned I’d rather smoke hash and take some klonopin before I ever started on sub again
I used to snort Subutex while I was in jail, yeah the withdrawal is nasty from subs. I'm currently on 16 mgs and I dread the day I come off of it

wow 16 mg that’s a lot no one understands how strong sub actually is
there is a dr on YouTube calls himself the sub dr and he condones not going over 4mg Look him up
if You take buccally brush your teeth and put like 4mg under your tongue with a few drips of whiskey vodka w.e alcohol you got It aids absorption and like the sub dr said less is more with this potent maintenance drug It was synthesized from oxymorphone iirc

wow 16 mg that’s a lot no one understands how strong sub actually is
there is a dr on YouTube calls himself the sub dr and he condones not going over 4mg Look him up
if You take buccally brush your teeth and put like 4mg under your tongue with a few drips of whiskey vodka w.e alcohol you got It aids absorption and like the sub dr said less is more with this potent maintenance drug It was synthesized from oxymorphone iirc
Yeah I mean I get prescribed 16 mgs every morning but even with a tolerance I still feel some sedation.Here in New York doctors are so worried about the Fentanyl crisis so they are prescribing higher doses now. I want to go back down to 8 mgs because I feel 16 is way too much

why do they advise that u have to be in part wd to start bupe?.. if the oral route doesnt activate the naloxone why does it cause worse wds if started too early?

why do they advise that u have to be in part wd to start bupe?.. if the oral route doesnt activate the naloxone why does it cause worse wds if started too early?
I think the naloxone is activated orally otherwise it wouldn't throw you into precipitated WD when taken too early. It has to still be activated orally. I took a Suboxone about 6 hours after doing a bag of dope and I felt like death for 24 hours

oh cool your upstate lol I get my anxiety meds from a telemedicine dr up there ^_^
down south the medical system is so f-ed I have to go north to get anything legit I think the Bible Belt is a bonkers place to remotely live Opiate addiction is out of control No Weed dispensers and anxiety medicine is a nightmare to obtain
but I wish all dr s had this view of aggressive action to fight the fentanyl plague
id Say keep the 16 hell you can always throw some to buddies for extra cash Nothing wrong with more the problem is the choice of abusing or using to your benefit. Wish I had the problem of being overprescribed they would throw holy water on me before they ever gave me more lmao

Do popular opioid replacement drugs such as bupe, suboxone and methadone get you high or do they only reduce the symptoms of withdrawal?

Like I've heard that they have helped lots of people with withdrawing from opioids but do they have a high/euphoria associated with them? Are they like how Narcen or imodium are opioids but they dont cause euphoria, or are they a less euphoric opioid that works as a stepping stone to get off of opium?

They can, yes, but kind of like with methadone, you become completely almost immediately. They keep you from getting sick and I guess you sometimes get a mild "glow". If you don't take it regularly, or take a higher dose, you can absolutely get high. Sometimes when I was on methadone (I wasn't on a huge dose, 60mg) I was on daily pick-up except weekends so sometimes I'd take all three bottles I'd get on Friday in one go, so 180mg and I'd get a decent high with mild nodding.

oh cool your upstate lol I get my anxiety meds from a telemedicine dr up there ^_^
down south the medical system is so f-ed I have to go north to get anything legit I think the Bible Belt is a bonkers place to remotely live Opiate addiction is out of control No Weed dispensers and anxiety medicine is a nightmare to obtain
but I wish all dr s had this view of aggressive action to fight the fentanyl plague
id Say keep the 16 hell you can always throw some to buddies for extra cash Nothing wrong with more the problem is the choice of abusing or using to your benefit. Wish I had the problem of being overprescribed they would throw holy water on me before they ever gave me more lmao
Down south I would think they are still uptight ever since the pill mill epidemic years ago. NY Is so different, Weed Dispensers on every other block now.

In my understanding it’s the up bupe that causes the precipitated wds. if you take it buccal (in the cheek) the naloxone is null
just wait till your in wds to take your sub

In my understanding it’s the up bupe that causes the precipitated wds. if you take it buccal (in the cheek) the naloxone is null
just wait till your in wds to take your sub
Your right it might be the Bupe instead of naloxone because even with Subutex which has no naloxone people still get sick if taken too early

Down south I would think they are still uptight ever since the pill mill epidemic years ago. NY Is so different, Weed Dispensers on every other block now.
Yea Georgia Florida pill mills Funny story first time I tried real diamorph was down in Georgia with a friend while trying to score from a pill mill And it was a day I won’t forget shot up right in front of a bunch of homeless ppl in the safety of my friends locked car But i don’t know how we got home how much my “designated driver” was nodding out I mean this gear was no joke golden tan rocks and the smell of vinegar The day that changed my life and not sure for the better

Yea Georgia Florida pill mills Funny story first time I tried real diamorph was down in Georgia with a friend while trying to score from a pill mill And it was a day I won’t forget shot up right in front of a bunch of homeless ppl in the safety of my friends locked car But i don’t know how we got home how much my “designated driver” was nodding out I mean this gear was no joke golden tan rocks and the smell of vinegar The day that changed my life and not sure for the better
How is the dope down there, I heard it's a bit different than up north, here we get it in powder form. Is it the same down south or is it Black Tar? I went down to central Florida once and all we did was Meth off tinfoil, yellow Xanax bars and MS Contin.

The dope has gone down in quality it used to be brown or tan without any Fent we are all so used to now
There is tar but it’s more refined cartel gun powder, I’ve never had bad tar The most smashed I ever got was from some super tar and only need a dime to throw My guts out and nod like it was golden brown

How about upstate I hear it’s always good and actually in nice stamp bags and white meaning super refined
I had a ex gf from ny and say she was a big h head but I shot her up with 25mg #3 from Europe and she fell out wasn’t even my #4
She lied to me just a iv coke head wanting to get any rush she could and even told her goonie friends I had pins and xans
they begged me to sell me so,me let’s just say I left that clown girl in the dust