• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Do drugs like bupe and suboxone get you high?

I've tried all of them (methadone, buprenorphine and morphine) both with and without tolerance. Without they feel great, bupe less so than the others, with they just suppress withdrawal and sedate unless one waits until withdrawal before redosing or heavily increases dosage. Snorting or injection isn't necessary to experience the effects. But I've spoken to more than one person for whom methadone was the first opioid leading into a deep addiction.

I’ve only tried suboxone a couple times, the sublingual strips. First time I puked but then felt fairly good, not a ton of euphoria but some and quite a bit of sedation. It tastes like Mountain Dew that somehow went bad lol. Is super long lasting though and easy to get ime but I’d rather have a norco or 2 than a whole 8mg strip of sub. Oh forgot to mention, with little tolerance take verrrry little and it’ll still put you in a nod after possibly making you super nauseous.

I am on Suboxone for 8 months and never felt any "high". Just a little buzz. Started at 16 mg and a few weeks ago finally stabilised at 4mg. Strange thing happened yesterday. My head was splitting in the afternoon so I decided to take another 1.5mg (l got some leftovers). For the first time I felt a bit high. A pleasant feeling which reminded me of Oxy. I almost forgot how that looks like. It lasted just a couple of hours but it was good. Why did it happen, i have no idea? My intention was just to ease the pain, nothing else. 🤔

Absolutely. If my tolerance is low or I'm clean off opioids suboxone gives me a fantastic high.

Its more recreational than methadone. But since it's still (barley) on patent the pharma companies have made sure it is not CII like methadone so that it can be prescribed easier.
same for me if I'm not on anything else, I can take them every three days and get high every single time.

With no tolerance, bupe will get you high, for sure. But if you have strong opiate tolerance, it doesn't, it will just make you not sick. By the way, Suboxone IS bupe, just branded (with useless naloxone thrown in there, useless because bupe has greater affinity for the receptor so the naloxone doesn't do anything).

Methadone on the other hand, can get you VERY high. It's probably my favorite opioid, all-around, because it lasts for such a long time, and feels very heavy and good. It's a really strong drug and you can easily overdose, so be careful if you want to try it recreationally. If you're used to IVing heroin or fentanyl, it might not do more than make you feel well, but if not, it will get you very high indeed.

I used to love bupe, it gave me a great energizing, motivating high, subtle but very functional and enjoyable, until I relapsed with morphine and was doing like 100 grams of poppy pods per day for a while. I got on bupe for a while after that, and it only just barely managed to keep the withdrawals at bay. Then I went back to kratom from that, and switched back and forth for a while and due to relapsing over and over, I got prescribed bupe. I simply can't feel it anymore. It sucks.

With no tolerance, bupe will get you high, for sure. But if you have strong opiate tolerance, it doesn't, it will just make you not sick. By the way, Suboxone IS bupe, just branded (with useless naloxone thrown in there, useless because bupe has greater affinity for the receptor so the naloxone doesn't do anything).

Methadone on the other hand, can get you VERY high. It's probably my favorite opioid, all-around, because it lasts for such a long time, and feels very heavy and good. It's a really strong drug and you can easily overdose, so be careful if you want to try it recreationally. If you're used to IVing heroin or fentanyl, it might not do more than make you feel well, but if not, it will get you very high indeed.

I used to love bupe, it gave me a great energizing, motivating high, subtle but very functional and enjoyable, until I relapsed with morphine and was doing like 100 grams of poppy pods per day for a while. I got on bupe for a while after that, and it only just barely managed to keep the withdrawals at bay. Then I went back to kratom from that, and switched back and forth for a while and due to relapsing over and over, I got prescribed bupe. I simply can't feel it anymore. It sucks.
Curious to know how your are doing now my felllow lighter. I just received an abundance of 2mg bupes (150 to be exact). I’m going to insufflate 1mg to see where I’m at. I am NOT opioid naïve, by the way.. my daily dose was around 60/70mg of oxy. I probably won’t feel much of the bupe, but it’s been a few days since the oxys so they are clean out of my system. Had a little Kratom to ease the WD’s. Let’s see how it goes.

Last edited:
Subs/bupre do give me a decent buzz. And it last forever it seems. Like I get the feeling it's enough.
Then it's the elimination of the substance so that life can get back to some kind of "normalcy".
I love it and it doesn't take much at all I find which makes it a longer "run". Pay me now or pay me later....

Ed: Haven't had any opioid tolerance in years other than kratom.

I have to say, the 2mg bupe tabs are INCREDIBLE. I can see how someone can overdo it and become sick, because they are strong little fuckers. This is coming from someone who can handle 100-120mg of oxy in a day. I know that isn’t a lot compared to some users, but it’s not nothing. 2mg of bupe up the ol nose pipe has me on cloud nine right now. Going to have 1 more mg and call it a day and see how that settles in.

So, if one is on a short acting opioid like, say, Tapentadol and the withdrawals are too hard to get through, can one take bupe just once or twice to get through a few days and and be able to skip the withdrawals entirely? Or will one still have withdrawals when the bupe wears off??

This is the million dollar question/answer. I am familiar with Tapentadol, but I have never used it. How long have you been on it?

Clinical trials show: “tapentadol could be classified as stronger than morphine, as the medication provides superior analgesic effects than equivalent doses of oxycodone, but with significantly lower gastrointestinal side effects. However, as tapentadol has a dose ceiling, so it’s listed as a morphine-equivalent ahead in order of strength to morphine.”

So my experience with opioids begins and ends with oxycodone. I have tried to taper and then stop. That lead to failure. I successfully got off with suboxone (16 months on subs) and everything seemed fine until I had a flare of my Crohn’s disease (GI discomfort). I needed something stronger so I switched back to Oxy. I am of the belief that oxycodone not only helped my GI issues, but it also acts as a massive mood lifter.

So, I have been on a fairly low dose of Oxy daily for the past couple years. Some traumatic events lead to me using more than was prescribed, but I was honest about that with my doc. That’s why he prescribed the Bupe. I have never tried to use the bupe for a few days, like you say, to aid in WD’s then jump off, but I can assume it’s possible. What does of tapentadol are you on?

Yesterday I was able to take only 350mg of Tapentadol but that was with the help of Carisoprodol and Gabapentin. I’ve done that before and then went back to the usual amount of about 600-900mg per day.
I’m sitting here trying to find the strength and willingness to throw away hundreds of Tapentadol, carisoprodol, and gabapentin. I need to. Yet, it feels impossible. I know if I do I will be setting myself up for pain, depression and a tough few days. But if I don’t, I can’t imagine how awful I will feel every morning, every day by the time I finish all of these.
It is so, so hard to do the right thing. I’m tired of this lonely suffering that these pills cause. Yet, I also rely on them to relieve me of the suffering that they cause.

Don’t beat yourself to hard. Realizing you want to change is step number one. Now you have to come up with a plan.. do you have a family doctor you can see tomorrow?

Don’t beat yourself to hard. Realizing you want to change is step number one. Now you have to come up with a plan.. do you have a family doctor you can see tomorrow?
These were not acquired from a doctor. This was all a stupid recreational thing that awoke my addict and it has all been a big secret. My spouse and family have no idea. How I wish I could go back and undo that decision. I had nearly 25 years of sobriety and messed it up with these things.

First, those 25 years are still something to be proud of. You can do this.. I meant, can you make an appointment with a doctor or clinic to go discuss what you should do next? Having a support team behind you is the key.. and having professionals talk about all the options is important. Again, buprenorphine may very well be a solution. Tapering down could be. I think it’s easier to make a decision when someone who has helped hundreds of people is involved. I’m lucky to have a doctor I can tell everything and I know that is rare. But I believe you should still reach out for some help. You will always have us/me with ya. Don’t give up. You got this.

I don’t think I can involve a doctor. I have read of others on here that have walked away and put this stuff down. I need to do that and get back to the the day before I started these things.
I very much appreciate your support. I may need it.

Last edited:
Ok.. well then you can. Can you devise a taper plan? There is plenty of resources on here to talk about ways to make WD’s easier. The top two items, are loperamide and black seed oil. IMO.. also, imperative you start to drink tons of fluids, (not booze!) healthy diet, good sleep, and lots of exercise.

Also, this helped me, but can yon get your hands on some low dose psilocybin?? I’m talking about .5-1mg per dose..

Thank you. No, I cannot get psilocybin.
The only reason I have Carisoprodol and gabapentin is for comfort meds to quit the Tapentadol. But, I find myself taking all three with the comfort meds only allowing me to cut down and taper the Tapentadol a bit and now afraid of getting withdrawals from those too!

I was given some sub pills that I think were counter, they put me into withdraw because I’m an idiot and took them too soon, I think.
I was looking into one of those online suboxone deals, has anyone tried them? Bicycle health was the one I was looking at.