• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Do different types of LSD have unique "Features"

Saying "LSD is LSD" is like saying, "All brands and types of peanut butter are the same because they all contain peanut butter." Or "Pepsi is the same as Red Bull because they both contain caffeine and sugar." You can tell me it's all in my head, and maybe it is, but then again, you've never had family Fluff.

No. This is wrong. Peanut butter isn't a defined chemical. Of fucking course it can change from one brand to the other.

LSD however IS a defined chemical structure. If it differs, it's not fucking LSD. It's something else like iso-LSD, or a random unknown substance. Fact of the matter is that LSD will always be LSD. C20H25N3O. Changing/removing/adding even one single atom means that whatever the molecule you have is, it is NO LONGER LSD.

If you buy 2 different brands of bottled water (H2O), would you expect their contents to be the same (ignoring differences in trace minerals)? I fucking would, since I bought WATER, which will always be WATER. 2 hydrogen atoms and one oxygen atom per molecule. If any of the contents of either bottle differ from this molecular structure, the contents in question are not water, and should not be referred to as such. You'd have a bottle of water also containing other shit, like impurities. These impurities, as with the impurities in your LSD, are not water molecules.

If you agree that WATER (H2O) is and always will be water, then you cannot argue that LSD isn't always LSD. That's a textbook definition of a contradiction.

Saying "LSD is LSD" is like saying, "All brands and types of peanut butter are the same because they all contain peanut butter." Or "Pepsi is the same as Red Bull because they both contain caffeine and sugar." You can tell me it's all in my head, and maybe it is, but then again, you've never had family Fluff.

Here's where I think this sits at to the people debating brands and such; if ISO-LSD has an effect that negates a particular aspect of the LSD trip, then this could account for the dirty acid hypothesis. Dosage is a more likely culprit, but it's such a goddam complex process that very few of us talking here are even close to understanding, and for the record, I don't think i'm one of them. But the above explanation, to me at least, makes a little sense. There are impurities in the LSD crystal that is used to lay your blotters.

So yes LSD is LSD, but if you buy an ounce of heroin that hasn't been cut, an impurity could be morphine from the chemical conversion to dimorphine. There also could be precursors left over in the result. So you buy an ounce of heroin from the chemist, but it's not 100% dimorphine. Similarly, due to the fact that chemistry isn't perfect in the real world, there are unwanted parts in the final product. No one is selling 100% pure LSD. It is absolutely impossible. Even if it was pure when it was made (again impossible) it would begin converting to things like lumi-LSD in transit to you. And no chemist can make 100% pure anything. You can get close, and people are doing better now than ever, but even 95% LSD would be better than most people get. Dealers don't tell you the truth, and as a chemist continued purification means loss of product, thus less final product and more time invested. So either the price goes up with purity, or the chemist says "90% without counting for ISO-LSD is good enough" and makes his money.

I agree with this fully. My argument is against the spreading of misinformation by others trying to claim that a defined molecular structure can change, while still retaining its chemical name.

I can't fathom the sheer lack of intelligence of some of you trying to argue this point.

Here's an example for you lot who're arguing that LSD isn't always LSD:

THIS TEXT IS BLACK, and is represented by the hexadecimal colour code of #000000

THIS TEXT IS NOT BLACK, as it is represented by the hexadecimal colour code of #191919

Black is black. End of story. If the hex colour code isn't #000000, then it's not fucking black. It's another shade close to black, but not black.

An LSD molecule contains the following atoms: 20x Carbon, 25x Hydrogen, 3x Nitrogen, and 1x Oxygen. C20H25N3O. If there's an active compound on your blotter that does not match this makeup, the active compound in question is not LSD. It's these active compounds we term impurities, and it's these active compounds that are partly responsibly for what people are referring to as "dirty LSD", and part of the difference in subjective effects and experience can be attributed to them.

Stop trying to tell me that the 2 colours in my example text are both black. That's essentially what you're arguing here. If you take black, and change it slightly, it's no longer black. End of story. Same with LSD. Same with anything that has a very clear definition.

Any acid that "wasn't created equal" isn't acid. It's an impurity.

You're all referring to "acid" as a product name. It's not. Acid is LSD.

Why do I care so much about this shit? Coz while it's splitting hairs, anyone claiming that acid isn't always the same is contributing to the perpetuation of misinformation. It might seem harmless, but as per my WAY earlier comment, this kind of misinformation will help dodgy dealers pass off RCs etc as LSD, as it gives people the impression that sometimes LSD will feel different or have different effects outside of the dosage/set/setting variables....which isn't true*

*not going into variances between subjects in things like metabolism, enzyme deficiency, etc etc

^qft, great post.

LSD is this:

elTryKs.jpg

if a compound's chemical structure is not identical to this, it is not LSD.

the subjective effects of different batches of acid are due to: 1) the presence of impurities, which are by definition compounds other than LSD; and 2) set and setting, the same psychedelic can produce radically different effects under different circumstances. that's simply the nature of psychedelic drugs.

HOLY SHIT THANK YOU ^^^^ finally someone who can actually use that spongy organ between their ears, rather than just slamming it with random unknown chemicals then trying to tell me it's all the same shit.

I still wholly expect more idiots to tell me (us) otherwise.

Yes, I said it - if you continue to argue that BLACK is sometimes NOT BLACK, you're a fucking idiot and there's no more to it.

haven't (yet) read this thread

unless someone very experienced tries, it is made by a pharmaceutical company, or tested correctly you can't confirm anything is LSD.

Yes, it could be very, very similar to LSD.

it is like lab-grade valium vs real prescribed pharm-grade valium. You can tell a difference., it is all the same drug - just slightly different chem structure;different isomers

I only have experience with MXE and i know for a fact there are many (more than two) different isomers and with Ketamine there are at least two.

And above by#49trozzle i just read: I agree with this totally, it is still the same drug, just a slightly different isomer(possibly). I think it makes all the difference when creating the perfect substance, depending on the drug (there are too many), and some can tell a difference

Well the whole lead trailer of this thread is stupid first off.

And after reading a lot of stuff about how there are different "levels/purity% " of LSD then that would obviously account for different trips

I would expect to trip different off LSD that is 95% pure as opposed to LSD that is 70% pure ( or in chinacats theory needlepoint vs. amber)

I would still only get results that were LSD results but the trips would have to feel different or maybe even call the 70% batch dirty...... And the 95% batch clean

Makes sense to me

The above two posts are finally catching on :p woooo hehe

Although if I want to keep going with my technical rant, isomers of something like LSD technically aren't LSD (EMPHASIS ON TECHNICALLY lol). Close enough, but slightly different, hence they're named differently like iso-LSD, or for other drugs - amphetamine and its isomers like D-amphetamine and L-amphetamine (haven't ever read the latter phrased as "L-amphetamine" though). They're more or less the same compound, but for the purpose of this stupid argument, they're NOT.

So really, the only differences between things like "white fluff" or "needlepoint" will be the purity. If they were both pure LSD, this thread wouldn't exist as their effects would be indistinguishable from one another. They'd just be different brand names for the exact same product.

Although its probably hard to believe a greenlighter...

If you are regular taking LSD and different batches you will notice a difference. LSD effects do vary ever so slightly (not in the same way as set/setting changes) but the core/central effects are still there.

I find higher purity batches of LSD are more rewarding and profound spiritualy or for looking at oneself and the universe. You can still have the same life changing experiences on any batch of LSD but without a doubt LSD varies from batch to batch. Ive spoken to people about this who casually bought LSD from the same person (same supply) and when they later started trying different batches they began to notice the difference.

It generally takes tripping on the same batch very regularly every 1-2 weeks for a period then switching to the other to really notice this (even with 2 week tolerance break so no chance its that).

Of course your results may vary but like any drug it takes a bit of experience to get into this side of it it took me a few years of regular tripping for me to conclude this and my view has only gone stronger after even more years. Also makes experimenting with other lysergamides a lot more interesting. There's a possibility it's the lack of iso-LSD so I understand why people are saying the whole LSD is LSD but for any normal acidhead the facilities are out of reach to delve into this any further.

To put it as plainly as possible, there are no "types" of LSD. LSD is a single chemical.
As for impurities, haven't those been ruled out? I thought that was a known thing; that there aren't any impurities that could change the effect.
Different hits have different doses on them, different doses will result in different trips. Set and setting can make the same drug feel different at two separate times.
Even with the same set, your mind is always changing.
I had a bag of Ketamine for 4 years doing it rarely over time, same house, same room even. Felt like an entirely new experience every time.
Pot used to be very different for me, very unfocused and disoriented. Now it helps me focus, relaxes my anxiety, makes me patient in my everyday activities.

For the tenth time there are no fucking impurities active at the same dose as LSD. And for you to even notice a fucking impurity it would need to be MORE active than LSD because it would be present in a much smaller dose.

All the effects of LSD are simply down to the vast range of effects LSD can have. I've had fantastic bodyhighs off some LSD blotter then the next 2 blotters along the same strip I've vomited and felt terrible. Absolutely fuck all to do with impurities and everything to do with LSD. That's just how LSD works.

Now please, take that to the bank, cash it, and go on a fucking vacation out of my life :)

it's really funny how all these acid heads are so sure that placebo doesn't apply to them...

I think it's the dosage level that makes the difference jammin - there's no impurity active at a millionth of a gram.

We're dealing with a black market here and there are a lot of variables. You're telling me that acid that is made in the back of a VW bus is the same quality as something that is made in a legitimate lab?
you can't make something like LSD without a proper lab... besides the comparison with pharmaceuticals doesn't really hold, because with pills you have fillers and binders along with the active compound, and the components of a pill can influence how well and fast it is absorbed. with acid you have well, LSD in solution soaked onto paper.. not much variation possible.

please realize: at even 80% purity, which is pretty bad if you call yourself a proper chemist, you'd only have 20µg of impurities on a typical blotter, or even less. most of this is probably iso-LSD, which is just an isomer of the same molecule, which has to be shown totally inactive, and nothing leftover from synthesis could have any effect at that dose.

Well, that's why I am here. Here to learn and share what experience I do have. Thanks. :)

You're wasting your time. I don't think you can explain yourself any better than you already have. Unfortunately when it comes to drugs, for some people it's like religion, they'll doggedly cling to their beliefs no matter how much they contradict the facts.

I'm happy to agree with the above posts given I can't actually provide any proof that impurities will be high enough to cause appreciable effects, so long as I'm reading correctly that you agree LSD will always be LSD and it will never change, and that the difference in effects experienced by the user come down to variables specifically to do with that user like set, setting, dosage, tolerance, expectations, current health (inclusive of level of tiredness etc), and any possible interactions (major or minor) with anything else circulating through the user's system - not even specifically other drugs.

As long as we all agree that LSD as a defined chemical substance will never change, and its pharmacodynamics in a 'normal' human/mammal subject will remain constant (more or less).

the new shit you got may have been dosed higher.

I got some white blotter back in the day that i thought was somehow different, come to find out it was just really strong as the dealer had been selling 4 hits as a single dose because the tabs were SOOOOO SMALL.

that acid did crazy things for me. Secret written languages appearing on chalk boards, imagery popping out of brick walls, the ability to literally stop time...

but yeah, later on i took half a square, which was two of the TINY hits, and tripped regular style, so it all comes down to dose, and also to set and setting.

That one super trip I was actually in school at the time. I remember it taking like an hour and a half to come on and then it punching me in the face with a time slowed "OOOOOOOOOH SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIT" escaping me as it took ten years for my foot to touch the ground and complete the step I was in the middle of when it kicked in.