• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Do cats and dogs get high too?

MV5BMTQ1NzcwMTU5MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwOTE5MzEyMjE@._V1_SX214_AL_.jpg

i smoked once in the balcony while my cat chilling around, he doesn't like the smell so i never blaze around him anymore. he definitely loves catnip though lol

Yeah anyone that forces an animal to get high by blowing smoke in their nose forcefully or putting a fucking cat in a bag and hot boxing them is a POS in my opinion. I have seen it but not for many years and if I witnessed it nowadays I would try to put a stop to it immediately. That's messed up.

My dogs and cats don't like the smoke, but I have met quite a few that do. Let them make that decision they are just as vulnerable to psychological damage as humans are and probably even more so.

Yeah. Animals get high. I used to have a cat named dexro that liked to get high. He would run around like crazy when he was lifted. There was a dirt spot on my patio's wall that he would run up to put his paw on, then run out the patio door. Then do it again. Never did this while sober.

Marijuana can actually be incredibly toxic to cats and dogs so PLEASE do not do this. Smoke with your pet in another room, or at least keep the area well ventilated. Vets have been seeing an increased number of marijuana poisoning cases recently, and it's no joke. Most of the serious cases come from an animal eating edibles or some buds, but the smoke alone can still do some damage. Some symptoms your pet might show: lack of coordination, vomiting, dehydration, fast or slow heartbeat, and in more severe cases seizure, coma, or death. If your pet has consumed marijuana and is showing these symptoms, get them to the vet immediately. Immediate short term help can be provided by giving your pet activated charcoal orally (available at drug stores/pharmacies).

Just like you wouldn't want to blow smoke on a very young child, you don't want to blow smoke on your pet. YES, your pet can get high, NO you should not do this. Stick to catnip for the cats and treats for the dogs.

No, There’s Not a Marijuana Pet Poisoning Epidemic

Don't let the average, run-of-the-mill dog eat a pound of edibles and it'll be fine. Every time. Barring some pre-existing condition aggravated by tree (just like people, by the way). It's a dick move to force your pets to get high. If they choose to be around a session, though, fuck it, let 'em, they'll be alright-- just don't let them eat your shit.

Something I'd put money on, by the way.

Also? Don't ever fucking forcefeed dogs charcoal because you think it's too high after sitting in on a session. I know/hope that you weren't saying that but shit....

Last edited:
Yes, they do get high. Depending on the age, this makes them quite confusing. Besides because of their size proportionally they will be taking a lot more than you.
My dog once started to run in circles and I was outside, didn´t think it was going to affect him but it did. I don´t think he enjoyed. I was very worried.

has anyone else every heard blowin hits into a dogs ear will get them high? this was some shit i heard in HS ten years ago and might be just that but wondered if anyone else every heard of it...

I haven´t heard about smoke although they can absorb medication through their ears and it can make its way to their noses, so it´s possible.

Me and my friend always lock my sisters kitten in a tiny shoe box with one hole open cause shes always tryna get out

we blow smoke inside constantly and leave a couple blunts lit inside its so funny lol once the cat wouldnt move cause we'd left it there for hours and forgot and i got scared cause i thought my mum would find out and be pissed but I had to throw it in the bushes but it came back a few days later stupid cat lol

I knew a dog that could clear a bong.
However anyone who forces animals to inhale smoke will most likely find other forms of abuse towards animals funny:(

Me and my friend always lock my sisters kitten in a tiny shoe box with one hole open cause shes always tryna get out

we blow smoke inside constantly and leave a couple blunts lit inside its so funny lol once the cat wouldnt move cause we'd left it there for hours and forgot and i got scared cause i thought my mum would find out and be pissed but I had to throw it in the bushes but it came back a few days later stupid cat lol

How is that feces extraction coming?