• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos Do Beta Blockers help Benzo Withdawal

(This is a German site, but have a look on the half-life of Clona. )

Oh, now this is an English site - look at the half life and afterwards tell me it's the same. Let's see.

JJ

Last edited:
The half life you have to scroll a bit down, they mention it at the very least of this site. And then tell me again it's got the same half life than Diazepam lol.

JJ

Wow, if that's true (0.25 mg Clona = 10 mg Diazepam) let me think of it....
Combined with 7 others RC-Benzos.... Just with the Clona I would have to start with 600 to 1000 mg Diazepam.

YEAH! I'm surely dying.

JJ
Yeah, I was a little surprised too. The strength, not duration, of diazepam is pretty weak. 1mg of either Clonazepam (Klonopin) or alprazolam (Xanax) is about as strong as 20mg diazepam. This is the equivalency chart I’m referring too...

I’ve found other equivalency charts that show about the same conversions. I like this one because it shows half life, active metabolite half life, and strength conversion. Plus it’s from a good source. Anyways, it’s worked well for tapering using the Ashton method for me. Just decrease 2mg every 2 weeks. If you start to feel painful withdrawals, just wait till you even out to decrease again. When you get to low doses you might go to 1mg every 2 weeks or maybe 3 weeks. Just go slow and steady and never give up. Also NEVER increase. Just wait till you even out. If you don’t decrease more than 2mg at a time you’ll never need to increase. When you get to 1mg and below you can get doses made for you as small as 1/4 mg which allows you to taper very very low. Technically you can cut them down to a 1/16th of a mg.

if you are on another Benzo you’ll need to switch over to diazepam. That can be a little difficult, but shouldn’t be too bad. Just give yourself plenty of time to make the transition. It’s not like you’re taking alprazolam (Xanax) one day and diazepam the next. You switch over slowly. It’s worth it.

Anyways, best of luck to everyone and please share if you have any tips or tricks for easing symptoms of withdrawal. There’s already been some really good recommendations, and I would even say if you go nice and slow ON diazepam you won’t have too many problems. Excersize is greatly helpful, aspirin and ibuprofen can help if you take like 4, and gabapentinoids can help but I would use extreme caution with them as they cause dependency extremely fast (some in like 4 days) and the withdrawals are just as bad as Benzos.

The half life you have to scroll a bit down, they mention it at the very least of this site. And then tell me again it's got the same half life than Diazepam lol.

JJ

Oh, now this is an English site - look at the half life and afterwards tell me it's the same. Let's see.

JJ

JJ

I think there’s a little confusion about what’s being discussed. Klonopin (clonazePAM) is different than this substance which is called clonazOLAM. Sounds like clonazOLAM is fairly new and not much is fully understood about it. ClonazePAM (The elimination half-life of clonazepam is around 30 to 40 hours) info can be found here....

Or here...

This is about clonazOLAM...

I had never heard of clonazOLAM until now. The link provided says...

“Very little is known about this substance, but it has recently become easily accessible through online research chemical vendors where it is being sold as a designer drug.[5][6] Due to its extremely high potency, it is often found on blotter paper or in volumetrically dosed solutions. Ingestion of raw clonazolam powder is unsafe due to its microgram-range potency and the ease in which it can lead to multi-day blackouts.”

Apparently it’s a combination of clonazaPAM and alorozalam. (Klonopin and Xanax) It sounds like it’s only available on the black market. ClonazePAM is widely used and prescribed.

The main purpose of using diazepam (Valium) for tapering, as opposed to ClonazePAM (Klonopin), is because diazepam is so weak with a long half life and you can make tiny decreases that give your receptors time to heal and even out before your next decrease, which minimizes withdrawal symptoms.

@JoEhJoEh

I was not talking to you. I may have accidentally quoted you. And ask any long term member, I am the go-to for Benzodiazepines

It is just a fact, not a brag. Surely someone else knows more than me, though not the layperson. I know/knew binding affinity and solubility values for your more popular Benzodiazepines. Just ask me a question :)

And I never told something about betablockers, whats going on with you?

That time I am quoting you to get your attention. Remember, there are a pair of half-lives: Distribution, or "Active" T1/2, and Plasma T1/2; Valium is Biphasic, it has a rapid redistribution and short "Active "half life, yet it's absolute plasma half life is 30-40 hours on average (same as Klonopin) due to being stored in fat (because of high lipophillicity, several times higher than Lorazepam and Clonazepam) and very slowly released and eliminated, yet free fraction plasma levels are never high enough to have any effect at GABA-A receptors.

Check it out

Sorry for the misunderstanding, I was mad 😡 at OP for thinking I do not know the brand name to my own medication, though they (probably) did not know I was RX'ed that, even though I mention it a good bit

Have a good 😊 day

Hi,

yes I think you quoted me wrong, that's why I didn't understand the issue.

Have a nice day, too :)

JJ

That's good, though only ACTIVE half life matters

1/8th mg of Valium would be in your head, however 1mg drops towards the end(and cutting from 3 to 2x per day) could certainly ease things out

I didn't mean to seem like a prick, it is just most people do not go to beta blockers unless they are desperate; I think you are just looking for any non Benzodiazepine that helps

Oh and DO NOT take 800mg Ibuprofen!

NSAIDS block comptetively the GABA-A receptors, which with a mild Benzodiazepine like Valium WILL reduce the short-inter- effects

People do not know this yet just Google iGood Luck

Hi,

yes I think you quoted me wrong, that's why I didn't understand the issue.

Have a nice day, too :)

Sorry about that. I just picked up RX and it is someone closes BDay, so hopefully we both have good days

And if I said Clonazolam, I meant Clonazepam - Clonazolam is awesome, though it is intermediate acting and far too potent to detox - However Clonazepam is considered the most potent and long lasting Benzodiazepine, and they make 1/8Mg (0.125mg) wafers, ideal for dropping

JJ

There is something wrong with quoting but I understand your message in between my sentences :)

JJ

No worries mate! I just noticed that we seemed to be talking about two different Benzos, when we thought we were talking about the sane thing. ClonazePAM and ClonazOLAM are very very different. I was just pointing that out in case there was some confusion. Important that everyone realizes these are two very different Benzos. One is widely prescribed and the other is a black market drug that’s extremely potent and dangerous.

As far as half lives, diazepam (Valium) has a very very long half life with active metabolites with an even longer half life. ClonazePAM (Klonopin)has a long half life but not quite as long and lacks the active metabolites. Like I said in the previous post the equivalency is about 20mg diazepam to 1mg ClonazePAM, so diazepam is very weak and therefore easier to taper.

I wasn’t arguing with you. Just trying to clear up why diazepam is the ideal Benzo for tapering and more importantly that ClonazePAM and ClonazOLAM are very different. Their names are similar so I think there was a mix up.

Cheers!!!

Last edited: