Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines [DMT Subthread] Injecting (crystal clear) Extracts

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
Hello,

I know we have a big/dandy thread for DMT ;) but I thought I could have a separate topic for a day or two so it could get the attention of folks who might miss it otherwise. Thanks mods :)

Obviously, it is NOT a good idea to inject less than pure DMT as there are bits of tannins and other stuff in the material that are NOT GOOD for your body. You could cause a severe allergic reaction.

Question: What if a person has VERY CLEAR and PURE DMT crystals (after rextalizing they end up with a chunk of pure transluscent DMT). Could they safely IV this material?

Thanks a lot!
samadhi

Without chromatograpy/mass-spectrometry analysis it is hard to determine how pure it is, though if it is crystalline that is obviously a good sign.

I'm mainly wondering what the risk factors are compared to say injecting methamphetamine (which obviously happens a lot and apart from addiction potential is relatively safe at least in the shortterm (neurotoxicity notwithstanding) if doses are kept sane).

The big factor is that there might be 'leftover crap' from the mimosa plant. But, if its literally a crystal clear chunk of DMT then one should be good to go? Or no....

thanks 5ht2 and anybody else who responds...

I would say if it is clear, then it would be ok. Hell, people inject cut cocaine and other fucked up shit into there veins, im sure some relativly pure dmt is far better than that shit.

moonyham said:
I would say if it is clear, then it would be ok. Hell, people inject cut cocaine and other fucked up shit into there veins, im sure some relativly pure dmt is far better than that shit.

That is what I was thinking. I mean people shoot black tar heroin. And street crystal meth is probably no more pure than your DMT, not to mention those containments are probably worse for you than a little organic matter, though I could be wrong. I know I would rather have some tannins in my product than unreacted chemicals.

A guy on the nook was doing it for a while with a good outcome, and his dmt looked good, but it wasn't clear crystals. (He might have been doing it IM not IV?)

You're in uncharted territory, but unless there is something toxic in MH it shouldn't be any more dangerous than shooting beat up street drugs which some people manage to do quite a bit.

I'm sure S_S wouldn't consider trying this without a micron filter, but i thought it wouldn't hurt to make mention of it.

well, the dmt freebase won't dissolve in water, will it? And therefore it won't be soluble in your blood either?

I'm pretty sure you've gotta convert it to a salt first. I'm not for certain though.

^^^you are correct, and this can be done simply by acidifying the solution you seek to dissolve it in. However, this is likely to burn like hell when injected unless pH'ed back towards neutral with a buffer.

I read somewhere that someone took a dilute HCl solution, and dropped it onto the desired dose drip by drip, stirring after each drip. upon the last drop dissolving the deems, no more HCl was added at all.

I'd think this method would allow for efficient conversion to the HCl salt, while keeping the solution as close to neutral as possible.

I'd wait for someone with more experience to report on the matter though, seeing as I've never tried.

I would probably use vinegar in order to form the acetate. This has been used successfully with the synthetic pink-orange DMT around.

and of course a wheel filter.

I read somewhere that someone took a dilute HCl solution, and dropped it onto the desired dose drip by drip, stirring after each drip. upon the last drop dissolving the deems, no more HCl was added at all.

I'd think this method would allow for efficient conversion to the HCl salt, while keeping the solution as close to neutral as possible.

I'd wait for someone with more experience to report on the matter though, seeing as I've never tried.
They didn't evaporate the hydrochloric acid or basify it after doing that? Injecting hydrochloric acid is NOT a good idea.

I think the best way to prepare freebase DMT for injection would be to add a few drops of vinegar (5% acetic acid) to your dose of DMT until it fully dissolves to yield DMT acetate (water soluble). Then I would add some water or maybe a weak base (any suggestions on this? baking soda would cause a DMT volcano) to even out the pH (so it doesn't burn the veins) and make it closer to a neutral pH. You could do this in a shot glass. After this, I think you would have a good shot of DMT acetate prepared.

I think this would at least work for the "synthesized" stuff that is pink/tan from China. What do you guys think?

I would use a .22 micron filter to filter the solution as well, of course.

Someone correct me if I missed a step or if this would likely not work. I haven't tried it, but it definitely seems like it would work on paper.

well the idea of adding very small amounts of HCL is that all the HCL would bind to the DMT freebase molecule (hence there would be none left floating in solution), but yeah I agree with you vinegar is probably safer.

If the crystals will dissolve in hot (or cold) water, then you're good to go, but I don't know what the proper dosage is for IV DMT.

If the crystals won't dissolve in water, you can use--or so I've heard--100% Real Lemon Juice (it comes in a green and yellow bottle). This liquid might work for your purposes. Pure lemon juice is relatively non-toxic.

I wouldn't mess around with baking soda or muriatic acid in this case, just to be safe.

IVing lemon juice is considered to be dangerous (beyond the regular danger of injecting plant matter), as there is some sort of fungus it might be carrying that can cause ocular damage.

I'd stay away from shooting anything that unrefined and dirty anyway. Its not like a bottle of citric, ascorbic, or whatever other easy to deal with solid form acid is expensive.

Pyr, what the heck are you talking about?

if it dissolves in water its safe to shoot???? WHAT!?!?

The idea here is that there might be minute trances of the plant left in the "pure" DMT and these traces could trigger a severe allergic reaction (your body will be VERY surprised when you inject it with plant matter!

edit, I am responding to pyrodinyl not fizz

If you recrstallized it and got good needles/shards/crystals, then it's purity is very high.

People shoot up cut cocaine and heroin and, worse, crushed up pills all the time, which is stupid, I know, because it can cause severe health problems, but if you're that worried about safety, try insuffulation or inhalation.

What I'm saying is, if you've got pure crystals and they dissolve in water, then that's about as safe as could be expected. I'm not saying you should do it, but water is certainly a better choice of solvent than vinegar or lemon juice as long as it dissolves the DMT crystals.

^^ I think the point is that water will not dissolve DMT crystals because DMT crystals are the freebase. DMT HCl is a goo, which will dissolve in water of course, but if your DMT is crystallized then it's a freebase.

ok well it will of course not dissolve in water since it is DMT freebase. It will need the addition of a salt in order to dissolve it by binding to the DMT (thereby changing the chemical properties of the compound).

I've smoked and inhaled (and plugged) plenty of DMT before (never IMed it though, which I think is probably more dangerous with extract DMT than IVing).

I'm specifically interested in IVing it since I do not like the damage it does to lungs and nasal passages (and anal cavity! 8o).

haha dang you guys keep jumping in while I'm writing a post haha I need to speed up writing posts! :) <3