• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DMT isn't a drug, it's a religious experience

So my question is what the fuck happened on the 2nd and 3rd tries. Was the hellish trip because of smoking it on the weed? Was it because I wasn't comfortable or in a good mood when I blasted off?

I agree with the people who said that it was probably your mindset. Less likely is that the DMT might have been different to the first blast off. I've always sourced mine from the same supplier so it was consistently similar trips. I'm absolutely done with DMT now so don't want to find a new supplier to experiment with. But drugs generally can differ greatly over regions and the years etc. As DMT is really just a drug and definitely not a religious experience as I previously said just to emphasise its awesome power, it is no exception to this. Well, apart from the fact that God himself has planted it on this earth from another dimension...

I think ketamine and a lot of other dissociatives tend to flatten your emotions so much that it lessens the impact of weird experiences, although combining it with acid seems to trump it (or maybe i have always taken too much acid and too little K in that mix haha).

Anyway about the original point of this thread: semantics, man...

Yeah words, and labels.. unfortunately ;)

I've been listening to Alan Watts again whose wisdom and insights are mostly still up to date so to speak... it makes me realize how intricate of an illusion we project, with dichotomies all over the place probably even including space and time. Elaborate workarounds of things that are in order to make them more workable for us, and when it helps us to function we like to assume it's because we arrived at truth. We forget that we take ourselves as a reference and we are very particular and are actually programmed for survival even when we imagine ourselves free and enlightened.

Just like it is good to re-evaluate things you have learned from upbringing and education, so we should stop taking explicit labeling so seriously. It's interesting how LC talks about narratives because unlike actual stories which can point out something interesting without engaging, a lot of narratives these days often seem pretty harmful in the sense that they desperately project a world that seems real (as we long for meaning) but mostly narrow our perspective.

Don't pigeonhole and label shit unless it's relatively harmless and serves a purpose like a diagnosis leading to a treatment while trying to avoid as much as possible the identification with the diagnosis, and fixation on being something that unnecessarily limits you.

Instead, I wanna just interpret all of this as an exclamation of how ineffable, impressive, humbling and insightful DMT trips often are and all us poor fucks are triggered by the wording of it.

It's a naturally occuring brain molecule first and foremost.

Edit: Synthetic DMT is a drug, very much so, ayahuasca must be closer to nature than DMT crystals, perhaps changa not so far off the jungle mark either, however I must rebuke my original thought.

Apparently more research is needed, they don't know why trace amounts of DMT are found in the blood of humans and where it originates from...

http://beckleyfoundation.org/2017/07/05/do-our-brains-produce-dmt-and-if-so-why/

Maybe I can't ask this question cause it has to do with legality, which if I can't then mods, you can edit out, but I don't get how everyone in the U.S. gets DMT when supposedly all DMT containing plants are illegal?

I mean are all DMT containing plants illegal in the U.S.?

I mean I know, we all get access to all kinds of other illegal drugs, but do DMT containing plants grow naturally or do most people find a way to buy seeds online and get grow them?

I'm saying aside from Dark Net dealers, I just don't understand how people come into obtaining or making DMT.

There's always someone who has a source, but then there are also people who make their own and I just don't understand how they manage to get those plants, let alone figure out how to make a smokable paste or whatever with them.

I'm just clueless with that stuff.

DMT containing plants are everywhere.. There's even DMT found in oranges! (Not useable amounts but still..)

DMT is that drug that finds its way to you if you need it.

Just like illegal substances, anything can be had at a price.

-GC

Traveled outside my body, into outer space, looked into the void,

So, this quote reminds me of a salvia experience. I had smoked it before, but had not achieved a full out of body experience. Well, this time, I smoked it and left my body entirely. Turned into a boat for awhile, going down a river. Then, at the point that I went over a waterfall, I ended up staring into this black abyss. The way I have described it before is that I "spent an eternity searching for god."

Is that how you would describe the void? It was like the absence of everything. I was there so long that I forgot how to speak English. When I came back to my body, I had no idea how to talk. It took about an hour for me to be able to speak again. (Also, while I was gone, apparently my body had gotten up and tried to jump out a window, then tried to strangle my friend who was with me. I have no recollection of this at all). For a week or so after all this, I could see around corners before I went around the corner and all kinds of weird shit. Salvia is no joke.

I've never had anything close to a religious experience from the hundreds of times I've smoked DMT, so it's probably not best projecting your singular experience onto everyone else. Sure, I understand having a religious experience on it, but saying that it IS as religious experience and not a drug seems a bit off to me.

Agreed. Also all psychedelics tend to produce "religious experiences", DMT is not special in that regard. For example, for me mushrooms were always much more special than DMT but that's just my personal preference.

Psychedelics can also be abused and can do great harm to the psyche.

@g_chem - that's so weird how people can be compatible with the spirit of different substances. Or chemical profile, if the word spirit offends. There have been a couple very very weird ketamine trips for me but they were my first trips when I wasn't experienced with the headspace. Once I learned what ketamine land was all about the trips got so much more amazing.

My first ketamine trip I was high on LSD and it was fucking amazing. It felt like ice coming into my system. it was just such an amazing trip I'm so glad to have had it. had a couple weird trips after that when I tried to k-hole but didn't really get all the way there, just got into some weird infinity space.

My best K trip was while on the LTC, about 6 months into the LTC (and still in a very depressed/anxious shadow state of being) I got my hands on some good ket and blasted off. I was tripping alone at night in the dark and everything just went very well. I felt some infinity spaces (grey/blue as far as the eye can see, no form, no body of my own, just a unity experience), then later on went through some kind of aztec sewers pyramid thing, and finally when I was peaking I was completely locked into the hallucionation (forgot who I was, thought I was one of infinite selves and trapped in a frozen posture). it was so amazing though. I almost got freaked out but I was just like "well, if I'm trapped here for eternity then I'm gonna go to sleep" and as I began to lower my consciousness I came out of that space and started to drift back towards my body.

I'm looking forward to learning with DMT but I need to get a lot of things ready before then. I have one trip friend who is really warm and friendly and I think might be a good person to trip with but basically I just dont feel the urge so I'm saving my work with DMT for a later time in my life when things are better.

As for salvia, when I've strengthened my mind and consciousness I may venture back into salvia land a time or two. I learned so much about consciousness and reality (multiple realities is more like it) when I did salvia that IMO its worth a closer examination. Also I think I'll just grow my own plant and eat it the indigenous way instead of smoking extract like I did before. My salvia trip basically launched me to the edge of the universe and then showed me a lot of typical salvia things like he book of life and the chain of existence. book of life is where you see alternate realities very close to yours (it was like seeing a matrix of 1000x1000 tv's and on each TV there was a me but it was doing something a little different. the ones closest to my reality was like me on the other side of the room, me with my hands on my head, etc. small variations. the ones far away from me was like me with a more skinny or muscular build). the chain of existence was like seeing two infinite beings and they were both smashing into each other making this infinitely long chain. when i looked closer at the chain it was the book of life, cept it had every single thing in it. past, present, future, parallel realities, and it had them for every being in existence. some might call it the akashic records.

the shittier parts of salvia are like being pushed into a machine or being pulled somewhere at the speed of light. feels absolutely horrible. its like that every time i have a change of hallucinations on salvia. while checking out a scene its nice, but as soon as the scene changes its like im being sucked into a book or machine or something and its uncomfortable and alarming as fuck.

also the complete lack of positive feelings on salvia makes it a brutal teacher. its clear to me that salvia is all about learning and not about feeling good or getting high in a recreational way.

also I hate when you merge with something else on salvia. I had this green couch and I remember merging with it. thinking that I was a couch and it just felt so fucking awful. Just to be a stationary thing, and a lowly piece of furniture. eugh. so fucking eugh. I also had the misfortune of looking at a log in the fireplace while tripping and became the log too. so fucking eugh.

since then I've learned how to do the same thing through meditation (concentrating on an object until there is no more i-object relationship, to the point that you become the object) and it's clear that the reality of a couch, a log, of anything is always bliss. Its the reality of salvia that's the eugh and thats why any identity merging on salvia is bound to create that eugh feeling alongside any merger of identity. It also took me a long time to want to merge with anything because of that negative salvia experience of merging. At the same time, the salvia trip showed me that I could merge with other things. thats salvia for you, teaches you amazing things but at a heavy price.

Last edited:
@indigoaura - yeah that is the void. Infinite black abyss. Sometimes its featureless but sometimes it can appear to have a black shimmering to it.

I've felt the void a few times before. Once was on a DMT breakthrough trip, another was on a salvia trip, once was on a mushroom trip.

the general characteristics of the void is infinity and unmanifest things. some people say its scary or blissful but it doesnt seem to have a distinct one or the other feeling. some say its blank and devoid of all things, when you are there you feel nothing and are nothing.

I've also felt currents or unmanifest things in the void before. There was no forms but I could feel variations in consciousness from within the void.

In the void all things are connected and all things are one. but in my experience that doesn't mean there is just one thing in the void. In my experience I've felt many titanic forces in the void and they seemed to be distinct entities. All connected, but each having their own portion of infinity that they could call their self. Just like the wave is just a part of the ocean, void beings are all distinct waves but a part of their ocean. Just like we are all unique manifest beings, but still part of our own ocean. (and to be clear, all manifest and unmanifest and transcend things are all just waves of the supreme God/underlying reality of all things)

We are all manifestations of God, but we are also all God. We each have an individual and unique form, but are fundamentally the same thing deep down.

Void beings are like that too. Each seems to be an individual and unique, but fundamentally the same thing deep down.

this is all just speculation based off trips and meditations, so take it with a grain of salt.

btw nothing to fear about void beings. They cannot come into our reality and we can't go into theirs. We can only peak, and they can only peak. nobody can cross over until they die or are born (void beings need to be born, we need to die) if we do want to go there. and btw its not like we are forced into void after we die, we can also become transcendent. All that stuff is determined when you die.

Last edited:
brick- haha that explains the ketamine khole so well. seeing yourself in a mirror, inside another mirror, inside another mirror. haha.

K-hole trips tend to be chaotic and weird and interesting. But in general they tend to have this mono-tone experience of bland-ness. I've had a k-hole or two where I felt love and unity but it was lacking a positive feeling. it was more like the intellectual feeling of love, not the experience of positive chemicals and emotions in the body like a mdma trip.

a strong DMT trip has the potential to feel like the love of God is showering down upon you. Intense rapture, euphoria, serenity, grace, etc. The love of God itself etc. a strong DMT trip can also be very brutal in the same way. I heard one guy had a bad trip where he saw a demon cutting his head off and then his head said something like "you fucked up! no more dmt!" haha. so yeah, it can be fucking amazing, or equally fucking hellish.

I've only had 4 DMT trips. I felt the serenity and love of God on one, felt weird as fuck on 2 (was tripping with someone I didnt like), and felt minor love/peace on the last trip.

I hear mostly good things from DMT. seems like the bad experiences are when people abuse the substance or choose to trip without preparing their body and mind for the experience. basically if you are just fucking around with DMT it's likely to burn you hard. If you respect the trip and come into it humble, it's likely to bless you.

Last edited:
@mycophile - DMT is very easy to synthesize. You can buy the plants to synthesize it legally, and the stuff you need to make it is very simple as well. you can pick it all up legally and synthesize it yourself.

in general though it can be obtained the same way most drugs can be. you find one friend who is into it, talk to them about what you want to do and they'll usually refer you to a friend of theirs who deals. and if they dont know a dealer, a lot of the time they will know a friend who might know someone.

basically just talk to your closest hippy friend, tell them what you want to do, and they'll give you a lead.