• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines DMT For The Masses - Extraction Tek Questions

Get a crappy old piece of wooden furniture, or some wood pieces and make a small bookshelf or stand for a potted plant or something and stain/varnish it outside while the tray evaporates. Nobody will think anything about it. You don't want to evap it to dryness anyway (IMO), just reduce it enough that it will crash out easily in the freezer, then pour off the empty solvent.

Thats only going to work once or twice though unless want to end up with someone asking for advice or help or how to refinish their dresser. People are nosy.

If you are that worried, just evap in the bathroom with towles under the door and alots and lots of fans. Maybe Im just recless but I would put fans directly ontop of the evap treys and after 8 hours 3lt of naphtha have evaped down to 150ml.

I think there is more of a chance of getting caught evaping out side then blowing up in side... ALOT bigger chance.

fizzacyst said:
You don't want to evap it to dryness anyway (IMO), just reduce it enough that it will crash out easily in the freezer, then pour off the empty solvent.

I found the opposite so far. If you're doing the "for the masses" tek you want to get it off the coffee filter while it's still wet, but once it's in the pan you'll have a hell of a time scraping it up unless it's bone dry. That shit sticks to everything!

I've got thank IGVNS for his suggestion. I'm trying a portion of bark with the method he posted, and I like it so far. I did 500ml of dH2O or so (half a quart jar, so probably closer to 450) and saturated it with lye (the jar was very very hot to the touch after shaking) then added 100g of bark, then otherwise followed the "for the masses" directions. It makes life so much easier if you don't have a sep funnel. The solution it creates is much much more dense than using the "Masses" tek with all its seemingly unnecessary water, and it really really makes decantation breeze. I used about 150 or 200 ml of naptha solution and it came off into the collection jar completely clean, whereas trying to use a baster I was always getting basified material. After like 6 hours of freeze precipitation, the yield was looking good enough that I think I got a little hard. It's been another 8 hours or so since then, so I guess when I get home I'll pour off the solvent and do an ammonia wash.

Hopefully I'll get to blast off tonight, although I've got plans to go watch the UFC event tonight with some folks, so not sure when I'll find time. I'll definitely post a trip report afterward, since this will be my first time. I'm so fucking psyched! Thanks to everybody in this thread who's given tips and advice.

Obyron said:
I found the opposite so far. If you're doing the "for the masses" tek you want to get it off the coffee filter while it's still wet, but once it's in the pan you'll have a hell of a time scraping it up unless it's bone dry. That shit sticks to everything!

I've got thank IGVNS for his suggestion. I'm trying a portion of bark with the method he posted, and I like it so far. I did 500ml of dH2O or so (half a quart jar, so probably closer to 450) and saturated it with lye (the jar was very very hot to the touch after shaking) then added 100g of bark, then otherwise followed the "for the masses" directions. It makes life so much easier if you don't have a sep funnel. The solution it creates is much much more dense than using the "Masses" tek with all its seemingly unnecessary water, and it really really makes decantation breeze. I used about 150 or 200 ml of naptha solution and it came off into the collection jar completely clean, whereas trying to use a baster I was always getting basified material. After like 6 hours of freeze precipitation, the yield was looking good enough that I think I got a little hard. It's been another 8 hours or so since then, so I guess when I get home I'll pour off the solvent and do an ammonia wash.

Hopefully I'll get to blast off tonight, although I've got plans to go watch the UFC event tonight with some folks, so not sure when I'll find time. I'll definitely post a trip report afterward, since this will be my first time. I'm so fucking psyched! Thanks to everybody in this thread who's given tips and advice.

dude, that base sollution (the blackish spects that come up with using a baster) will stick to a messuring up if you collect the naphtha in that, then pour the naptha into another messuring cup and wipe the black spects out the old one. its realy easy to work with.

Also, if you are trying to pour off a nphtha layer from a jar GOOD FUCKING LUCK!!!!!! you need to use a tappered container or you'll get stuff spilling EVERYWHERE.

also, it DOES work best to eva down to 1/10th the naphtha original volume and then freeze/precipt. Iv done enough extraction in the past to know what works best for most people as I also teach it to those who want to learn. go to the old DMT thread and look at what Iv posted, it is so damn easy to follow ANYONE can do it.

I don't understand why all these extractions start with adding plant material to NaOH. An initial acid extraction should pull out the DMT as the water soluble salt, and be less prone to extracting fatty acids and emulsion formation.

I like to do less steps I guess..I never have to clean my crystals very much at all in order to have them white.

A tip for anyone without a separatory funnel (I had a wonderful 500ml pear-shaped glass one, but have been unable to get another after I accidentally broke it, as they're restricted items :() -

Get a large zip-lock bag, one that's quite deep. Get another of the same type and put it inside the first one (makes it able to support more weight).
Pour your two-phase extraction mixture inside it, and wait till the layers separate. Put on some acid & base resistant gloves.
Now grab the bag near the top and pull up one side of the bag more than the other, and grab that as a bundle.
Voila - a pear shaped separatory funnel :) . All you need to do is get some fine scissors and cut a small (SMALL!) hole at the very bottom. When one phase has completely passed through it into the container you're collecting it in, simply pinch off the bottom with gloved fingers, move it over into another collection container, and unpinch, and allow to drain completely.
Many successful phase separations have been done with this method.

(Note, it is recommended to make sure the solvent you're using doesn't dissolve the bag FIRST, or you may end up with stuff going all over you. =/ Now, most zip-lock bags are made out of PE, which is pretty solvent resistant, but still - check first. I also advise you to not take ages doing it, acids & bases may weaken the plastic, etc.)

when i was 15 i tried making dmt and extracted tryptophan from alot of milk with the method mattpsy is talkin about with them ziplock bags.. it works it works..

fizzacyst said:
Get a crappy old piece of wooden furniture, or some wood pieces and make a small bookshelf or stand for a potted plant or something and stain/varnish it outside while the tray evaporates. Nobody will think anything about it. You don't want to evap it to dryness anyway (IMO), just reduce it enough that it will crash out easily in the freezer, then pour off the empty solvent.

Thats only going to work once or twice though unless want to end up with someone asking for advice or help or how to refinish their dresser. People are nosy.

That reminds me of once one of my friends was making some Salvia extract when I went to visit him once. He took a bunch of old bike wheels and took the wheel bearings out and scattered parts and tools all over the shady side of his garage. Then he poured the black murky acetone from the Salvia in a pan and pretended to be washing wheel bearings as the acetone evaporated. No friendly neighbors stopped by but it looked convincing. It would of fooled me, but I would of wondered how mad his wife was going to get for using a good Pyrex pan for washing wheel bearings. Lol

fizzacyst said:
Get a crappy old piece of wooden furniture, or some wood pieces and make a small bookshelf or stand for a potted plant or something
You do realize that carpenters are traditionally suspect ever since that jewish guy caused so much trouble, don't you ? ;)

wake up at 8 AM right, take like an hour slowly adding lye cuz i didnt even have a measuring tool. added bark, ate breakfast. added naptha then did some yardwork. came back to separated layers... turkey bastered that shit and put it in a 2X2 evaporating tray (tin thing). let it sit for like ten-15 minutes and took the remaining solution and put it in a dish and put the dish in the freezer. checked it 13 minutes ago at 11 AM (3 hours passed by) and saw a shitload of crystals all over the place... gonna give it another hour to finish off and then id say about 30 mins to evaporate... giving a total time of about 4& 1/2 hours. i wasted alot of time adding lye and stirring it... i could have done it in less than 15 mins.. way less than fifteen but whatever.
product looks pritty clean too :)

just to give a tmeline and show how easy strait to base teks are.
oh and might i add my whole family was all creepin around the house the whole time and i still did it all undercover as fuck. if i can get away with that neighbors shouldnt be a problem, rele anyone can do this whenever whereever.

I tried this extraction, but haven't sampled the product yet. From 50g of mimosa hostilis, I ended up with a very small amount (probably 50-100mg) of crystals that are white, not yellow like in pictures that I've seen.
Will it still be psychoactive? Did I get nothing but filler? What can I do next time to get a larger/more potent yield?

nice! keep doing pulls (adding naptha evaping u kno) and u should get about 300-500 mg total from it. the biger extraction you do the more efficent.

white crystals are the most potent!

you got dmt bro.

i have a better tek in the b&D dmt thread check it out! (its basicly the same tho)

I think so, but I'm not positive. My friend actually took care of the last part of the extraction (the rinsing/drying), and I haven't seen it yet. He described is as looking like "what it would look like if you melted a thin layer of sugar in a pan, dried it, and scraped it off.

If they were yellow it'd actually be worse than if they're white. ;)

Congratulations on your DMT.

So then, this tek would work too, as the author says it does:

http://www.dmttrip.com/extraction.html

This is great! I am very excited about this, because I too was pretty intimidated after spending so much time researching different teks. This tek came in the last issue of the The Enth*ogen R*view, so I assumed it must be a good tek, otherwise they wouldn't print it. It is a reputable publication. On the other hand, it looked like all the other teks but without the acid step, so admitedly I was dubious.

The process is amazingly simple. The material was soaked in NaOH for only one hour.