• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines DMT For The Masses - Extraction Tek Questions

How long did you let it evaporate for? It often looks like there's nothing there after a day or two but if you leave it for 5-6 days it eventually crystallises.

I only let it evap for like 4 hours or so...that could be a problem
so even if I don't let evap for long enough I won't be able to scrape anything up?

Yeah the first few times I did it I thought I'd fucked up because nothing appeared overnight. Then accidentally I left one alone and went back 5 days later and it was covered in DMT crystals.

I would say this tek would work best with Mimosa Hostilis because of its low plant fat content. I do an only base extraction and it works great.

Ismene said:
Yeah the first few times I did it I thought I'd fucked up because nothing appeared overnight. Then accidentally I left one alone and went back 5 days later and it was covered in DMT crystals.

haha well that would probably answer why I don't have any crystals then, but that also means that I will have to get more bark before being able to try another extraction...ohwell should be worth it, you live you learn
\
edit: hell yea, the naoh/mimosa solution that i saved is coming through for me right now! i rolled the jar with naptha in the solution again except this time for like an hour and allowed it to sit out way way longer like you suggested and im seeing crystals begin to form right now

edit2:after being so fascinated with this chemical for so long it is an amazing thing watching it slowly crystallize in the bottom of this glass tray

Last edited:
yeah just a little note, this method would be fine for mimosa but with fatty stuffs ala acacia defats are needed so you got to do the normal ab

Rather than start a new thread I figured I'd resurrect this one. (PS: What's the potential for a B&D Psychedelics Extraction Questions Thread?)

The DMT fairy has swooped down upon me and laid a bit of Mimosa Hostilis Root Bark in my lap. I'm planning on using the tek referenced in this post title, and I'm taking a few shortcuts. I don't have a sep funnel, and really don't feel like waiting another week while I order one from eBay, so I'll be decanting or siphoning, assuming I can't find a pyrex turkey baster. Other than that I'm pretty much ready to go. One other little thing is that I'm using quart mason jars instead of beakers, since it's close enough to a liter for my measuring purposes.

I noticed that the lids have some sort of rubbery or waxy insert on the inside, presumably to promote air-tightness. Has anyone else done this extraction using mason jars with such a lid? My primary concern is whether or not the lye will cause this to introduce impurities into my-- with apologies to Frank Herbert-- "pre-spice mass." ;)

Other than that, I'm psyched. This'll be my first time trying DMT. I'll post some comments in the thread after I've given the extraction a shot and let people know how it goes.

heres a tek u can use... i dont think the rubber around the jars is a problem at all..

if their 1 liter jars just pour in 600 ml of water and add lye crystals until they wont desolve any more. let it cool if you want jungle spice later (its good, its good). then add about 100 grams of bark ~200ml. add another 100 ml of naptha, put your lid on and shake the hell out of it. let it separate. take ur turkey baster and take the top naptha layer, put it in a dish or ... thing... with a large surface area (thats still scrapeable tho) and let it evaporate. scrape it up and add 30 ml of hot naptha for every gram of that stuff and let it crystalizeee. take out the nasty yellow at the bottom and just get the white crystals off the top. do that over and over again until all thats left is the yellow shit. boom a buncha dmt. have fun.

I tried a small portion of bark last night using this tek, and it was really easy. However, the one thing I knew would be the most crucial corner I was cutting-- the turkey baster-- ended up being the thing that screwed me.

If you plan on doing this more than once, and you're in a position where you're able, buy a separatory filter on eBay. It will make your life so much easier!

The only thing about this that keeps getting me is that it calls for 750ml of water with 50g of lye per 50g of bark. For some reason that seems way, way out of whack.

I'm tempted to try IGNVS's method because the ratios seem to make a lot more sense, and also because trying to scrape this shit out of a coffee filter once it dries on is a pain in the ass. Still, I worry about leaving big pans of naptha around my house to evaporate. The fumes can't be healthy.

Anyway, I've already got some nice spice, but I'm going to ammonia wash or recrystallize before I touch it. It's kind of cool, even with a ghetto kitchen tek, to see clearish, sparkly, DMT crystal flakes sitting in your filter, especially on your first try.

All in all I'd say if you're thinking about DMT, this isn't a bad tek to try. It's mind-numbingly easy, and nothing on this list is hard to find. Follow the safety precautions though. I got some lye on my arm and didn't notice until the pain started. Chemical burn -hurts-!

I have a question. Can any other solvent be used instead of naptha/naphtha because it is impossible to be found where I live?!

You can usually find VM&P Naptha at any hardware store in the wood finishing/stripping section. Do you not live in the US?

You should be able to use toluene, hexane, or xylene, but evaporate some in a dish first to make sure it doesn't leave a residue. If it does, don't use it.

Still, I remember reading a post from Marsifold (of the Marsifold Tek) on another forum where he said that from his data, DMT seems to have a higher solubility in DMT than in some other solvents. No personal data on that though.

Anyway, weird. I can find naptha and basically nothing else, so it's interesting that there are people out there who can find everything BUT naptha. :p

Naphthas are also used in other applications such as:

* (as an unprocessed component - in contrast to reforming above) in the production of petrol/motor gasoline.
* industrial solvents and cleaning fluids
* an oil painting medium
* the sole ingredient in the home cleaning fluid Energine, which has been discontinued. You can purchase this type of naphtha at any hardware store.
* an ingredient in shoe polish
* an ingredient in some lighter fluids for wick type lighters such as Zippo lighters.
* an adulterant to petrol
* a fuel for portable stoves and lanterns, sold in North America as white gas or Coleman fuel.
* historically, as a probable ingredient in Greek fire (together with grease, oil, sulfur, and naturally occurring saltpeter from the desert)
* a fuel for fire spinning, fire juggling, or other fire performance equipment which creates a brighter and cleaner yet shorter burn.
* to lightly wear the finish off guitars when preparing "relic" instruments.
* to remove oil from the aperture blades of camera lenses, which if present can cause slow the movement of the blades, leading to overexposure.
* in medieval times, pots containing naphtha were used in battle as a form of primitive grenade.

[edit] Examples

Shellite (Australia), also known as white gas (North America), white spirit or Coleman fuel, is a water white liquid with a hydrocarbon odour. Shellite has a flashpoint less than -30 degrees Celsius, and a boiling point of 47 degrees Celsius. The composition of shellite is 95% paraffins and naphthenes, less than 5% aromatic hydrocarbons and less than 0.5% benzene. It is highly flammable and due to its low flashpoint is used in many low pressure camping stoves. Shellite is also a fast drying solvent used for cleaning metal, hard plastic and painted surfaces. Ronsonol is a brand name used in North America, and is marketed principally as a refill fluid for cigarette lighters.

yeah bro dont let that shit sit around your house u gotta do it outside. naptha is terrrrible for you, i can hardly stand the time im over it puting it in the evap tray.
DO NOT LET THIS EVAPORATE IN YOUR HOUSE. baddd idea.

fire toxic death boom brain damage dontdoit

hey does anyone know if when you have yellow goo if you poured a solution of tartaric acid over the stuff if you put it on a coffee filter or something if it will take the dmt out and turn it into a salt? also separating it from any other impurities?

I live in the UK and trust me I know what naphtha is I have been looking everywhere for the last 3-4 months :)
I heard that it was banned because of its danger to heath (probley a EU rule!)

Thanks anyway.

IGNVS said:
yeah bro dont let that shit sit around your house u gotta do it outside. naptha is terrrrible for you, i can hardly stand the time im over it puting it in the evap tray.
DO NOT LET THIS EVAPORATE IN YOUR HOUSE. baddd idea.

fire toxic death boom brain damage dontdoit

And that's the shitty thing that made me go with the "for the masses" tek. I live in a small town in a rural area where meth is a problem. I have no doubt that if I sit a pan of naptha out to evap I'll get one of my Dudley Do-Right neighbors calling the police to report a meth lab next door. :p

I used to sleep in the same room I evaped litters of naphtha in (yes, like 3-4lt at a time). I never noticed anything adverse from it.

DOHP said:
I heard that it was banned because of its danger to heath (probley a EU rule!)
It's been sold freely (common household item) in the Netherlands, so it's definitely not a EU rule.

Youkai said:
I used to sleep in the same room I evaped litters of naphtha in (yes, like 3-4lt at a time). I never noticed anything adverse from it.

I'm pretty sure it's at least mildly carcinogenic, although that may be the benzaldehyde from the MCAT synth I'm thinking of. =D

Obyron said:
I live in a small town in a rural area where meth is a problem. I have no doubt that if I sit a pan of naptha out to evap I'll get one of my Dudley Do-Right neighbors calling the police to report a meth lab next door. :p

That is my problem I live in an apartment and people always walk by my back porch. So no n,nDMT extractions for me.:-(
I was thinking if I had a backyard a new BBQ that was clean would be nice, I could put the evaporating tray in there and open all the vents and check on it every evening.
That stuff is too dangerous for inside a spark from a light switch or the pilot light from the water heater a static spark from the carpet, :( very bad.

I think it is always good to evaporate a small amount of the naptha before you use it to make sure it is clean some times they put blue die and residue in stuff like that to discourage people from using it for other then intended proposes or just plain cheap production methods. Even if it is the same brand you always use they can change the recipe over night or start buying the chemical from a different producer and not change the label.