• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[DMT Extraction Subthread] Quicktek

IGNVS said:
well, what i was going for was actualy pure dmt... knowing that naptha wont pull the red dmt i would use that after i got the red dmt and the regular dmt from a xylene pull to separate the red from the regular. im under the impression that xylene is going to pull dmt out of rootbark better than naptha. dont know why though, think i heard it somewhere in nexus... not sure.

the last of the bark im using for extraction has gone into the mix and is already being pulled with naptha. the other jar im using i can probably do a few xylene pulls from because i think i got most of the dmt out of it with naptha already, i guess this could be a good place to do an experament to test how much there is that xylene could still pull out.
this may or may not be true, all I know is that naphtha pulls some damn good DMT for me.

here is something I ahve been toying with though, DMT bars, I lighty heat the dmt with a blow drier till it become soft and gooy, then I place it into a piece of aluminum foil and mold it into a abr and freeze it til it becomes crystal again, it usualy flakes apart but Im wondering if doing something like this in a feeze/precip would work for growing LARGE crystals, for instance, you only allow enough space for the DMT crystals to form in, so they arnt scattered all around teh container, couldnt this work for growing larger crystals such s the infamous picture of the "ultra pure" DMT crystals? I know that if you put DMT into a vial, allow it to simi melt, comact it, and then freeze it again you wil end up with rock hard DMT but it's more like... well a rock then a crystal.

the way i see it it would just come out as a bunch of small crystals all grown together. (still try it though!) the only way you can get the big crystals (to my current knowledge) is to just keep growing them on a larger one melting all the small ones off then going again for a biger grow.

although ive had my fair share of trying to find out how to get the ultamate giant crystal. i think the best of my untested ideas was something like they do to get clear ice. they use an agitator at the top to keep the impurities spinning around in the solution while a some supercold solution freezes everything from the bottom. the only problem is finding an agitator small enough to run for the ammount of naptha you have... and finding a way to only freeze the bottom of your container.

IGNVS said:
the way i see it it would just come out as a bunch of small crystals all grown together. (still try it though!) the only way you can get the big crystals (to my current knowledge) is to just keep growing them on a larger one melting all the small ones off then going again for a biger grow.

although ive had my fair share of trying to find out how to get the ultamate giant crystal. i think the best of my untested ideas was something like they do to get clear ice. they use an agitator at the top to keep the impurities spinning around in the solution while a some supercold solution freezes everything from the bottom. the only problem is finding an agitator small enough to run for the ammount of naptha you have... and finding a way to only freeze the bottom of your container.

hmmm, what about dry ice?

edit: it would be pretty nifty, if you where in a REALY cold enviroment to have a necklace with a large DMT crystal on it similer to the crystal necklaces tehy sell out side of venues (where its legal, damn common wealth here doesnt allow street vending!)

show_image.php

like that one? :D

IGNVS said:
show_image.php

like that one? :D
that would be it!!!!

now imagne that sucker around your neck and the energy/vibration it would give off... ahh soul binding POWER!

there seems to be no separation between some naptha and my water layer. i know theres more in there, but theres no emulsion, no separation, no naptha layer at all. heating it dosnt separate them, and ive definatly got enough base in there. no searching has resulted in anything that could help... help!

Your vessel is probably to wide for the 2 layers to be apparent. If its way too wide, the naptha will look like an oil slick on top of nasty odoriferous black water.

its about a 1 liter (800 ml is the top marking though) mason jar thats got a 3 to 4 inch diamiter. ive had layers nice in them before up to 75 ml wide. this one has the naptha and shows that its in there by the measurements but is not aparent as a separate layer, when i go to take naptha off the top it sucks in the black goo. definatly would have seen a layer if it worked.

Let it sit for a few hours (if you haven't already), and see if it resolves.

IGNVS said:
its about a 1 liter (800 ml is the top marking though) mason jar thats got a 3 to 4 inch diamiter. ive had layers nice in them before up to 75 ml wide. this one has the naptha and shows that its in there by the measurements but is not aparent as a separate layer, when i go to take naptha off the top it sucks in the black goo. definatly would have seen a layer if it worked.
something liek this happend to a friend.. hypotheticaly. I kinda wished I didnt make a new thread about it. but sense it's happend to two people, maybe something more can be sad then let it set, as this person ahs been letting it sit for hours and still nothing.

damn thats crazy. my friend makes this shit from MHRB. and his comes out white and he only does the wash one time after freezing. and also his crystals inside the jar when its in the freezer are already almost white, faint tint of yellow.

Well, at this point, I'd warm it up a bit, make sure its properly basic, and try and decant the top 1/3 or so of the liquid into a much narrower vessel. If you still can't pick them apart... hmm..

What was your procedure?

If you did the base first, yank with naptha thing, maybe you collected so much garbage from the plant it is severely discoloring the naptha.

I've seen a friend try it with chloroform once, and the de-fatting produced this substantial glob of fat/wax and colored the solvent pretty deeply (a very rusted dark orange/red color).

fizzacyst said:
Well, at this point, I'd warm it up a bit, make sure its properly basic, and try and decant the top 1/3 or so of the liquid into a much narrower vessel. If you still can't pick them apart... hmm..

What was your procedure?

If you did the base first, yank with naptha thing, maybe you collected so much garbage from the plant it is severely discoloring the naptha.

I've seen a friend try it with chloroform once, and the de-fatting produced this substantial glob of fat/wax and colored the solvent pretty deeply (a very rusted dark orange/red color).

well my friend (I saw the first steps, then he desided to throw it all into a larger container, still small necked, ol' moon shine jug)

made his base water by dessolving lye into some distilled water. then put the base water into the containers with the powedered bark in them, shook them up and made sure all plant material was saturated. Thast when the naphtha came on and he shook these up as well. ALl looking good.

then he desided he didnt have enough room in all these containers for the size extractin he was after, (he couldnt add enough naphtha to all jars so it would pull the best the first pull) so he desided to putt the contants of all the containers into one large container, this worked, the naptha staied on top, so he added alil more napptha to be sure he was at wher he wanted to be. This is when he shook up the larger container with 600grams of bark, 1 1/2 lts of water which was based with 150g of lye and had ~400-450ml of naptha on top. The naphtha never again rised to float above the water, it is till submerged into the black soup.

any idea what went wrong? Im going to see if it was jut such a large extraction that shaking it would make the time EXTREAMLY longer for it to rise back above the waterline, but realy it should have done it awhile ago.

600g of powdered bark in 1.5L NaOH solution sounds like a fairly thick sludge. If its all thick and goopy with plant matter (the half-dissolved fibers and crap) it wouldn't surprise me if it were a kind of homogenized mix from hell.

fizzacyst said:
600g of powdered bark in 1.5L NaOH solution sounds like a fairly thick sludge. If its all thick and goopy with plant matter (the half-dissolved fibers and crap) it wouldn't surprise me if it were a kind of homogenized mix from hell.
so adding more base water (appropraite weights) could seperate them? or would just elaving them be for a few days work it's self out.

honestly what can CAUSE this to happend?

If its thick or has lots of plant bits and you shook it all up, its probably trapped in it and can't easily rise to the top.

I'd probably try splitting it into two containers and diluting each with a liter or so of basic water.

fizzacyst said:
If its thick or has lots of plant bits and you shook it all up, its probably trapped in it and can't easily rise to the top.

I'd probably try splitting it into two containers and diluting each with a liter or so of basic water.
there is still ~600mls left of space, I may try to just throw more base water in there, base it with ~45-50g of lye, give the guy a heat blanket and tell him to leave it the hell alone for a few days.

IGNVS said:
waiting dosnt help its been days with no separation...

the gods have fucked us!!!!!!

seriousely, I just got the guy to throw it out, after warming it for several hours... still nothing. Oh well, still other things to be harvested. just feel sorry for the guy who fucked up, woulda been a few grams of DMT

OH WELL!

win some you loose some.

IGNVS, PM me

Botanicals1.JPG
[/IMG]I like to do a quick acidic soak with enough dH20 to completely submerge the MHRB powder,that has a 1000mg. tablet of Vitamin C pre-mixed.Heat the dH20 just slightly in the microwave,and crush 1 1000mg.tablet of Vitamin C with a spoon or whatever.Dissolve completely in the water then add to rootbark.I usually let this sit in a warm water bath for an hour or so. When this time has passed,I then prepare a basic solution of dH20/NaOH(lye)in a seperate glass vessel.I won't lecture,but BE CAREFUL,if you don't know why this step has the potential to cause injury YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING THIS TEK!!!!! Add the basic solution to the rootbark solution slowly,shooting for a pH of at least 14.If you don't have a way to test this,watch for your solution to turn into a deep BLACK color.This usually insures you've pulled it off.Put a lid on this mixture and carefully upend your vessell,being sure to loosen lid periodically to vent,so you avoid any unneccessary explosions or accidents.Do this for 5-10minutes.Now pour 25-35mL of VM&P Naptha into a small glass/pyrex beaker and place into a very hot water bath. After sitting in bath for 5 minutes or so,or the Naptha is warm/hot to the touch pour it into the rootbark jar.Tighten lid and upend vessell like before for a good 5-10minutes.When finished,place container in a hot water bath while the layers seperate.This can be acheived in a few minutes but I like to wait an hour or so.You should see a very distinct clear layer on top. This is the Naptha where all the dimethyltryptamine is hiding.Remove clear layer with a turkey baster/pipette/eyedropper or a large syringe and deposit it into a 1/2 pint Bell jar(like the ones you grow mushies in).Repeat the Naptha step 2xmore,collecting the extractions in the same jar.Once finished,mix up 25mL of dH20 and a 'pinch' of Arm&Hammer Washing Soda in a small jar.Pour it into 1/2pint jar with solvent and quickly shake as vigorously as possible for a quick 15-20 seconds.The layers will seperate quickly,with the water layer on the BOTTOM of jar.Remove as fast as you can so none of the magic is pulled out with it.Toss the water.Repeat this step 2xmore using ONLY dH20. Evap the solution down a bit by placing a coffee filter over jar and securing it with an elastic.Face fan in its direction for several hours.Then place the jar(remove filter and put lid back on tightly)in the freezer for 12-24hours.You should soon have a snowglobe of DMT in there.Pour out the solvent into a glass Pyrex dish,catching the crystals in a coffee filter.Cover the dish with papertowels so the dust stays out but the Naptha still evaporates. The crystals on the filter should dry in just a coupla hours.You know what to do from here....right?8o 8( =D ;)

Last edited: