• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[DMT Extraction Subthread] Quicktek

IGNVS said:
that would have been good, however i used a 1 liter mason jar. im only doing ~100gram extraction (first time). theres also more problems. i initialy had about 300 ml watter, added 3/16 cups lye, then my bark after it cooled off. i had a thick goo. so more water up to the .5 liter mark (it was already at 400). more lye. it was a little thinner but its hard to tell stiring with a chopstick. added ~100ml naptha (up to ~600ml). shook it hard and waited overnight. there was blackish red stuff completely covering the inside of the jar. it was black and only noticably red when in light. thismorning i get up to see that no two layers have formed. only one EXTREMELY thin naptha layer above about 580ml of goop. so thismorning i added a shitload more naptha and another tablespoon about of lye and watter all up to the 800 mark.

a layer still isnt forming. help me out bluelight.
you need !500ml of water and ~75-100ml of naptha for a first pull, and dont shake it, stir it for a few hours n and off an then lt sit for a few more hours.

and ~5-6 table sppons of lye is enough to raise the ph. for 5ooml of water.

well i definatly have around 500ml of water, about 1-150 of naptha and 100 of the rootbark. i realized shaking is a no-no, and i figure since it dosnt all drip down that your always going to have at least a minute quantity of lye in contact with your naptha layer if you do shake it.

it apears that what i did by adding that little more water and naptha did the trick. just needed to wait for my layer.

and i forgot to tell you all i did a quick pull last nite right after i added the first naptha because a small layer formed, however it was deeper than the one i have now. the pull resulted in a bunch of fluffy PURE white crystals. no idea how much, the bottom was littered with the things!

so it does actualy take quite a couple hours, ill leave the 2hr pulls to the pro's. for a first time extraction i would say this is going to be pritty good!! thanks for the advice.

You could pour it into a 750ml liquor bottle. Shaking is a good thing once your naptha is in. As long as you don't have a bunch of bubbles (emulsion) a half an hour after shaking your fine. If you still have a huge layer of bubbles you underbased. 1-150ml spread across a quart jar is going to be a fairly small layer. Pour it all into a 750ml and don't be afraid to add warm water until the mixture completely fills the container with top level being in the most narrow portion.

Hey IGNVS why aren't you using a separatory funnel? Or even a plastic baggie acting as a separatory funnel?

ive had problems in the past with the baggie method, aparently the naptha starts eating at it. a separatory funnle would work but i cant get one right now.

ive got some crystal its kinda yellow, and i didnt have alot of time in the freezer, maybe fifteen muinets or so. its almost like powder and it tastes like it burns at first. should it burn a little at first if you lick it? would that be lye in my product there??

wow...

no breakthrough but that was probably one of the wierdest expereinces of my life. i feel so healthy like mentally refreshed and everything has this positive glow. i got some crazy distortion too. closed eye visuals were not too distinct or well formed. the dosage was not measured but i know its less than 40 miligrams... beautiful smell to the stuff. good taste i think, very interesting.

my naptha layer looks like its forming good now, and im gonna have to do a pull and put it in the freezer, hopefuly this one will turn out better than the last. cleaner too.

SO PEACEFULLL
ah..

forgot to add the bad stuff.. it definatly is burning when it hits my lips and tounge, tingles alot and verryyyy harsh smoke at first. my guess is that its just tempurature and impurities as long as theres no lye im good :)

%)

I wouldn't fuck about using plastic bags as a device for separating liquids. The solvent might dissolve the plastic, or you might spill very caustic water on yourself.

You can get a 1L borosilicate glass separatory funnel for ~US$40 or less, and a heavy metal ring stand apparatus for probably $20 or so. If you are going to do this with any frequency this will save you so much trouble.

Just practice with it a bit before using it. You'll be pissed if you aren't paying attention and pull the stopcock out by accident (either get something like high-vacuum grease for lubrication, or a teflon stopcock.)

when i freeze precipitate they come out all good, then to get rid of the extra naptha on them i evaporate it off, but when i do this the crystals all go back into whatever naptha was left, which cant be poured off (its like stuck to the crystals) and turns it into yellowish earwax dmt. how do i keep this from hapening?

Pour off the naptha while it is still freezing-ass cold. There should be barely anything left in it. You let that evaporate in a dish if you want, but you'll likely just get a thin film of goo.

Then take the dish (or whatever) with the crystals in it and go put it under a fan outside for a while. Scrape up, chop chop chop, let it get more air. Then you are good to go.

thats what i did. i end up with either goo or wax

how do people get the pure white crystals from the freeze?
because a couple times now me or a friend has taken HUGE unmeasured hits of the stuff four or five times before stoping with vapor still there and only geting beginning effects, not even cevs yet just the rush and some wierd wave/vibration things going inside out of themselves preception sort of thing. i think it has something to do with the purity of my spice...

What plant source did you use? Mimosa? Can you describe it if so? Was it mostly the lighter colored inner part, or did it look more like a rough tree truck with lots of outer bark?

So when you put in this is the freezer, you are saying that some sort of goo settled to the bottom of the cold naptha? That seems odd.

Jack you freezer up to 11 or whatever it goes to and try again.

Actually, what I would do is de-fat if you haven't. Then use the bare minimum amount of hot heptane or naptha that will dissolve your stuff, and put that in the freezer. If you don't get any results from that I don't know what to tell you... something messed up, you had really weak bark, or you mostly extracted fat/wax for some reason.

Are you doing this thing where you just throw bark chunks into caustic water and then take it up in naptha? or a full acid/base/defat workup?

well, i think i know the problem as far as my previous yeilds go, the solution was too thick, after i added some basified water to it the naptha came right to the top and gave me lots and lots of crystals :)

what im sayin is that the crysals form, then i pour the naptha off while still freeeezzing cold. whats left is less than a drop of naptha, but aparently when i evaporate it it goes back into solution just enough to make it like a goo. and it comes out yellowish.

my theory is that because im freeze precipitating so fast that some solvent and tannins get stuck in the crystals and then evaporate out and thats where the extra naptha is coming from. if i did the freezer refrigeratior freezer back n forth for a while it might come out better.

ill experiment and let you know how it goes...

for pulling the naptha use a turkey baster, you can test a plastic one by leaving naphtha in it for a short amount of time and then evaping the naphtha on a clean glass dish, if it leaves a residue, is no good if it doesnt then it;s fine for pulling.

just dont pull into the bubble.

the only lye crystals I can finf locally are only 60% naoh the rest is sodium citrate and #* aluminum shavings according to the MSDS. Will this suffice or should I travel to a bigger town to look for more pure lye?

spun420 v. 2.0 said:
the only lye crystals I can finf locally are only 60% naoh the rest is sodium citrate and #* aluminum shavings according to the MSDS. Will this suffice or should I travel to a bigger town to look for more pure lye?
no it wont,

ONLY USE 100% LYE

check ebay, there are tons of sellers of it there.

hmmmm, this probably dosent fit as part of the quicktek but i didnt want to start a whole new thread...

has anyone tried something like this?
-basify water
-throw in bark
-stir for a while
-xylene added
-xylene layer separated
-dmt and red dmt extracted
-pour naptha over extracted mass in a coffee filter to get out the regular dmt

i know it would work but would you get a better yeild if you used this in the first place to pull every last bit of dmt out of the bark and not even mess around with trying to use naptha first?

IGNVS said:
hmmmm, this probably dosent fit as part of the quicktek but i didnt want to start a whole new thread...

has anyone tried something like this?
-basify water
-throw in bark
-stir for a while
-xylene added
-xylene layer separated
-dmt and red dmt extracted
-pour naptha over extracted mass in a coffee filter to get out the regular dmt

i know it would work but would you get a better yeild if you used this in the first place to pull every last bit of dmt out of the bark and not even mess around with trying to use naptha first?

I'll try it later this week. but I was under the impression that xylene took alot longer to evap.

and the red DMT (whats its calld again? yuramine or something like that?) is not solible in naphtha so it wouldnt be washed out, I thought only xylene pulled it out, the red I got earlier I now know was just some of the black goo.

so pulling with naphtha only would insure you only get the DMT, honestly Iv only usde mv&p naphtha so I dont know, I have alot of bark at hand so I could try it with xylene next to one using naphtha and have a side by side compairison on 100grams each.

well, what i was going for was actualy pure dmt... knowing that naptha wont pull the red dmt i would use that after i got the red dmt and the regular dmt from a xylene pull to separate the red from the regular. im under the impression that xylene is going to pull dmt out of rootbark better than naptha. dont know why though, think i heard it somewhere in nexus... not sure.

the last of the bark im using for extraction has gone into the mix and is already being pulled with naptha. the other jar im using i can probably do a few xylene pulls from because i think i got most of the dmt out of it with naptha already, i guess this could be a good place to do an experament to test how much there is that xylene could still pull out.