• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[DMT Extraction Subthread] Quicktek

Why on earth wouldnt you buy a sep funnel if your making dmt. I bought one for $20 at a second hand lab equipment store in sydney and it is incredibly useful.

Can someone who understands the chemistry please explain to me the difference between an extraction that requires an acid to start with (like http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/dmt/extraction_guide1/dmt_extraction_guide1.shtml for example) and one that doesn't, like the various quick extractions in this thred?

Do you produce more or higher quality stuff when starting with an acid solution? If not, why are people bothering with it?

I believe the reason people are able to get away with doing a straight to base as oppose to acid-base is because of the use of Mimosa Hostilis root bark. When using this since its the root bark as oppose to the plant matter you don't get any chloraphyl in the extraction so an acid step is not needed.

Although some people claim by the high winds that the acid step is the proper procedure, but many kitchen chemists get away with the easy route and still end up with a very pure product and high yeild.

That I don't know. Although I don't know if it is too important because I think the alkaloids are already basic. I'm not 100% sure about any of this though.

Guys, let's not get into pricing and availability here. DMT extraction threads are pretty borderline anyway although we tend to allow quiet discussion about it. Don't stray any further across the line, ok? :)