PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DMT + Datura?

BodyHereMindGone

Bluelighter
Hi...

Just starting a lil convo i guess...

Theory - Datura shows/opens the users eyes to an alternate universe in which certain things which have happend, didnt happen or, did.. Eg, Rather then you and that "old friend" drifting apart (like in reality) you actually remained really good friends (in an alternate reality), so, for a brief time, your interacting with another universe... Throughout the experience, your constantly coming and going from alternate realities, all slightly different, Eg, a reality where you gave into peer pressure and tried that ciggy, so, in that universe, you are a smoker, resulting in the "phantom ciggy" in your actual reality...

it is said that people often fall asleep and then waking up tripping, perhaps this is the transportation stage of datura?

To simplify because yes, i know, i dont make alot of sense at the best of times..

Me, writting this, i belong to universe(A)... But, there could be another me in a seperate universe called universe(A1) in which, i am not writting this... Now, the me in universe(A) has ingested datura and gone to sleep, but, the Me in universe(A1) also ingested and went to sleep.

when i wake in universe(A), i am "tripping" datura style, and light up a smoke... me in universe(A1) awakes but does not light up, now, somewhere inbetween this whole lighting up process, our "consciousness'" cross, resulting in a kind of body/mind/universe swap for some amount of time, which could account for the phantom-ciggy phenomenon.

i know this sounds incredibly stupid for some, even for me abit, lol... but, i believe in the multiverse theory as im sure many of the DMT smokers do..

So, in my eyes, granted this all makes sense, Datura is a gateway to alternate universes of our own, Universe(A), Universe(A1), Universe(A2), etc.

But, as many will agree, DMT is a gateway to universes unlike ours, even past these "weird and alternate" universes into the God's universe which created our universe... We shall call these universes Universe(L1), much different from our own, so much so that human life does not even exist..

So, granted you believe all this and have some held believe in some sort of science/quantum mechanics, could you possibly smoke DMT while on Datura in an alternate universe (Universe(A19) which has more changes then that of a Universe(Ax)(x=any number) type, larger changes and harder to understand like still being in-touch with people you havent talked to since high school) and achieve and"Alternate universe of the "God's Universe"" which you see while on DMT?

Yea, i know, alot of writting and going on and on.. Im bored and been watching too much science stuff :p

Flame if you want to, dont care, just would like to hear some opinions on this lil theory of mine :D=D:eek:

It would be cool if it was true. But really, it's just chemicals messing with your brain. Some parts of a plant can't transport you between universes.

It would be cool if it was true. But really, it's just chemicals messing with your brain. Some parts of a plant can't transport you between universes.

which brings me to another point...

once after coming back from an intense salvia trip, a thought came to me and stuck in my head...

Our bodies are just vessels in which our souls are carried, it is not our bodies which transport to these places, it is our soul...

I find it very odd that just before you die that a LARGE amount of DMT is released.. Perhaps transporting your "soul" to an alternative universe...?

This would probably be a very intense combo, even a dangerous one. I would make sure I was familiar with the effects of datura(If it is even possible to be familiar with this plant..?) before trying something like this. Datura is dangerous stuff, be careful.

I find it very odd that just before you die that a LARGE amount of DMT is released.

It would be odd if it was true but I'm afraid it's complete frogshit.

It's just a theory Rick Strassman came up with that has no supporting evidence whatsoever. And to be honest when you read any near-death experience it sounds absolutely fuck-all like a DMT trip.

I think it's time you put down that pipe and re-evaluate your thoughts my friend.

Also, people have the hardest of times trying to remember their trip on moderate levels of either of these drugs, so in combination I very much doubt you will remember even one significant iota of the experience.

You can remember a DMT trip ok, particularly an oral DMT.

Datura has never appealed to me.

i have no intention of touching datura... was just watching this doco on multiverses/string theory/quantum mechanics while high and i was attempting to make sense of it in a spiritual way..

Yes, it is just a theory, but, so is the theory of gravity... One that becomes more and more false as time goes by...

to quote a wiseman ~ "now he has departed from this strange place a little ahead of me, this signifies nothing, to people like us, people who believe in physics, we know that the distinction between past, present and future is just a stubbornly persistant illusion" ~~ Albert Einstein.

You say it hasnt been proven, i say, it hasnt been disproven..

There has to be some point where spirituality and science meets and who is to say that this point isnt death? We are, after all, just a product of science but our minds are something more then science..

our minds are quite easily qualified by science.

let me also point out that the theory of gravity has a far greater body of evidence to support it than the theory that a single plant, whose effects can be quite correlated to physiological changes in the brain, somehow transports us to another universe, breaking all laws of the physical universe we have in place.

Let me say that as a general rule, using the fact that a theory cannot be refuted is generally a poor argument because no theory can be legitimately refuted to the point of certainty. This still doesn't not imply or suggest that there is a scintilla of evidence to support your datura theory.

also, I could be wrong because I am certainly not a physicist, but last time I checked the theory of gravity, while certainly inexplicable in many ways, is still pretty strongly upheld by the scientific community. Just because there is a disconnect between newtonian physics and quantum physics doesn't mean that are either are "inherently wrong" - isn't that the goal of theories such as string theory, to bridge the two in a coherent way?

Are you seriously comparing your drug-addled "revelations" to the theory of gravity and to the work of Einstein? This sort of sophomoric pseudo-philosophical intellectual midgetry reflects poorly on the psychedelic community as a whole :( It's a shame that for every scientist out there doing legitimate research into the possible positive applications of these things and even for every even handed layperson who tries to integrate this stuff into his life in a reasonable and sane way there are probably a dozen people spouting floridly delusional nonsense ... It saddens me, more than anything.

Are you seriously comparing your drug-addled "revelations" to the theory of gravity and to the work of Einstein? This sort of sophomoric pseudo-philosophical intellectual midgetry reflects poorly on the psychedelic community as a whole :( It's a shame that for every scientist out there doing legitimate research into the possible positive applications of these things and even for every even handed layperson who tries to integrate this stuff into his life in a reasonable and sane way there are probably a dozen people spouting floridly delusional nonsense ... It saddens me, more than anything.

Was not a "drug-addled" revelation, infact, i didnt state at all that i actually believed this, Its just a theory, which like most theories is open to scrutiny and to an open discussion, which is why i posted it here, somewhere i figured i would atleast get some conversation on it.. (i start mentioning string theory to friends and everyone falls asleep).

Did not compare anything to Einstein, merely quoted him to show that even the smartest man (at his time and perhaps still ours) held beliefs that are "odd","insane","stupid" and completely unbelieveable.

Comparing it to the theory of gravity? ... I did no such thing, i made reference to the fact that what was once a strongly held believe is now becoming, hmmm, how to put this... a flawed theory?

intellectual midgetry? Bit harsh considering i was just starting a convo out of pure boredom 8).

"spouting floridly delusional nonsense"... did my attempt to incorporate mysticism into my scientific beliefs offend you?

It saddens me, more than anything.

My sentiments exactly.

someone said:
the theory of gravity, while certainly inexplicable in many ways

It's very explainable. The word 'theory' doesn't mean that it's not a good model off the real world under currently known conditions. See also; the "theory" of evolution, atomic "theory", germ "theory" etc.

google define said:
theory - a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world; an organized system of accepted knowledge that applies in a variety of circumstances to explain a specific set of phenomena; "theories can incorporate facts and laws and tested hypotheses"; "true in fact and theory"

Sp like, that's just, um, your opinion, man.

Occam's razor: you were just very, very high.

Don't mind me coming off as overly harsh, this is the Internet after all ... And if you can't take a good ribbing, you'd ought to unplug :) I do it only semiseriously and with love, but truth be told I really just find this sort of thinking to be insufferably pretentious, solipsistic, and boring to boot. You clearly have an active mind, why not put it to work on something a bit more substantive than speculating that anticholinergic deleriants somehow are magical gateways to another universe instead of just being powerful drugs that get you intensely fucked up? Drugs are interesting enough without adding layers of unprovable and arbitrary mumbo jumbo ... In fact, when that mumbo jumbo comes out, I and many others simply stop listening. But I mean, hey, who am I to tell you this, you could become a successful published author by writing speculative mumbo jumbo for the intellectual lightweights of the psychedelic scene.

Last edited:
My sentiments exactly.

Sp like, that's just, um, your opinion, man.

Saddens, really? Ouch, im sorry i hurt your feelings? with my "idea"...

Thanks though for the definition. :)

As stated, i dont believe this, was just merely looking for some conversation, but, after the comments i have read, everyone seems to be taking this pretty personally 8).

Disregard the drugs part, that was merely to interest such people who would otherwise steer clear of this type of conversation, such as string theory and bubble-verse.. If you will, i was attempting to get some "Mystical/Shamanistic" opinions aswell as scientific ones.

Im just a guy who smoked too much pot one night while watching a doco and then reading reports on datura and attempted to get spiritual while being scientific... more spiritual than anything.

from most of the comments i have read, does no one have any held beliefs where science and spirituality cross? ... Is my "idea" harder to believe than a spirit who impregnated a woman, a virgin?... Much harder to believe than reincarnation? These are "theories" which are strongly held by much of the world yet hold absolutely no scientific background... Atleast im trying rather than saying "Believe this or you burn for eternity".

Maybe so, but, again, i dont believe this, was just thinking out loud ;).

Comparing some intellectual masturbation you thought up while you were high to major world religions is even sillier, and more offensive, than comparing it to gravity, or to Einstein... Really, now. It's a shame that people become so unmoored by relativistic thinking that such a comparison would even occur to someone.

I mean, it's all well and good to talk about silly stuff when you are high, Lord knows I have done it, but people who take all that stuff too seriously ... I cant take too seriously...

So you don't believe what you wrote in the OP, nor do I, so I guess we're on the same page! :D

Occam's razor: you were just very, very high.

Don't mind me coming off as overly harsh, this is the Internet after all ... And if you can't take a good ribbing, you'd ought to unplug :) I do it only semiseriously and with love, but truth be told I really just find this sort of thinking to be insufferably pretentious, solipsistic, and boring to boot. You clearly have an active mind, why not put it to work on something a bit more substantive than speculating that anticholinergic deleriants somehow are magical gateways to another universe instead of just being powerful drugs that get you intensely fucked up? Drugs are interesting enough without adding layers of unprovable and arbitrary mumbo jumbo ... In fact, when that mumbo jumbo comes out, I and many others simply stop listening. But I mean, hey, who am I to tell you this, you could become a successful published author by writing speculative mumbo jumbo for the intellectual lightweights of the psychedelic scene.

*thinks of those who have written and become very rich off it* Damn, if only it was that easy. Damn internet, with your downloads and what not...

I agree, it is arbitrary mumbo jumbo, trust me, i know this..

The mind is very active, just extremely hard to focus.

No harm, no foul... :)

Lol, yes, we r on the same page, but, i brought it up and i will conversate on it till the thread dies... Thats just the kind of person i am.. Yes, it wasnt right to compare religion or even bring it in to this conversation, but, who is to say that the religions were not thought up by people under such drugs? Again, sorry for offending anyone who is religious in regards to the fore-mentioned.

Last edited:
I though the same thing of multy universe theory... on salvia me n my friend amuse a day and smoked in all the parks we smoked salvia before at as close as we could remember the exact same spots and had similiar experience of the first time we did it at those place... ??? transported us in a salvia universe??? today i though i was gonna get hit by a car... then 15 min after i walk back home and almost get hit by a car and as i walk home my mom told me i dreamed you died got hit by a car in front of your school..... ??? aint this fuck up these (coincidence happen to me all the time) now tell me that multy universe theory is not possible...

I though the same thing of multy universe theory... on salvia me n my friend amuse a day and smoked in all the parks we smoked salvia before at as close as we could remember the exact same spots and had similiar experience of the first time we did it at those place... ??? transported us in a salvia universe??? today i though i was gonna get hit by a car... then 15 min after i walk back home and almost get hit by a car and as i walk home my mom told me i dreamed you died got hit by a car in front of your school..... ??? aint this fuck up these (coincidence happen to me all the time) now tell me that multy universe theory is not possible...

No one is doubting the multiverse theory.

I'm vigorously doubting that drugs have any relevance to it whatsoever.