• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Disrepectful Treatment at Pharmacy - Should I Take Action?

Just pointing out that there's always two sides to every story, and we've only been told one. But like I said, it sounds like the OP has every right to complain.

If the pharmacist was right and you were looking to score something you shouldn't then I would say your right to complain is reduced. Nothing ventured nothing gained, but if you get called out on take it as a fair cop

If you were just trying to buy a toothbrush and some mouthwash, then by all means complain away.

In my frazzled brain atm, I would have gone about this the wrong way and said:
"No... wait! I remember now: it was to be sold crack by an absolute fuckin cuntface :X "
... And stormed out.
But you should ABSOLUTELY make a complaint, because that is a disgusting attitude to be given when swearing an oath to providing care and sound information to ANYONE who comes needing assistance (I'm fairly sure pharmacists have to swear to an oath of some form as Dr's do).

Cyclizine and Pregabalin are actually PoM's but there are accounts and a Panorama documentary of some Pharmacies selling anything from Valerian to Benzos to Morphine and beyond, for monetary benefits! :eek:

Regardless - Make a detailed complaint in the brilliantly suggested manners prior posters have mentioned and I hope it ends up with that twatus spyncti's dismissal :)

But at the end of the day, Pharmacists have to deal with all sorts trying to scam them, lie, cheat and steal from them, they probably get to the end of their tether at some point and think why the hell should they great all with a smile and their best nature when they probably have a good chance of knowing how the interaction will go and if the person doesn't get what they want, get verbally abused, get their staff verbally abused, get products thrown off the shelf in a tantrum? Respect should be a two way street.

Not saying it happened this way, but if the OP went in, the staff mentioned "oh them again" remembering the problems op has admitted to causing before. They stumble up to the counter, mumble something about not knowing what they wanted, slumped in a chair for a few minutes..." that the pharmacist may have reduced tolerance.

Also I have a feeling the pharmacist may have acted different to a little old lady who clearly had a cold and forgotten the name of her medication

But at the end of the day, Pharmacists have to deal with all sorts trying to scam them, lie, cheat and steal from them, they probably get to the end of their tether at some point and think why the hell should they great all with a smile and their best nature when they probably have a good chance of knowing how the interaction will go and if the person doesn't get what they want, get verbally abused, get their staff verbally abused, get products thrown off the shelf in a tantrum? Respect should be a two way street.

Not saying it happened this way, but if the OP went in, the staff mentioned "oh them again" remembering the problems op has admitted to causing before. They stumble up to the counter, mumble something about not knowing what they wanted, slumped in a chair for a few minutes..." that the pharmacist may have reduced tolerance.

Also I have a feeling the pharmacist may have acted different to a little old lady who clearly had a cold and forgotten the name of her medication

I think you missed this bit from the OP in post 20.

By the way, and this is important, I have NOT "had issues before" in this pharmacy: the incidents with Gee's Linctus (which I didn't want to buy btw- have never used it, was looking for someone else who would have then gone in for themselves) and cyclizine happened in completely different chemists (to each other and the one I described my experience this week in) several years ago. And the mention of "threatening" was entirely because I leant on the counter to have a quick look at the shelf underneath, with my hands clasped together behind my back which I hoped made it clear I wasn't trying to grab anything or hurt anyone.

Regardless, we all have bad days. That doesn't give pharmacists special dispensation (see what I did there) to act like assholes. Their remuneration enough should stop them behaving this way, whether to an old lady or a hippie. It's called professionalism.

https://www.pharmacypgd.co.uk/system/gphcstandards.pdf

I think it's quite simple to get around these issues:

1. Dress well
2. Carry with you evidence of your diagnosis for required medication
3. Keep photocopies of past scripts or photographic evidence of having obtained a particular medication before
4. Don't use the same pharmacy repeatedly - alternate
5. If your strategy is to not want them to argue with you, go in at a busy time
6. If, as a last resort, you are ready to argue and have the aforementioned evidence, go in at quiet time

Just remember that a large proportion of the population is on a power trip due to inconsistencies in their own self-image - likely examples are struggles with partners, grappling with their own flawed views of reality, feeling overweight, being old, being in debt, etc. etc.

Everyone has problems. Don't let them take theirs out on you. Plan for the worst.

Usually dressing well is your best bet.

Some pharmacists just suck, so if you see this as the case, go somewhere else.

I think you missed this bit from the OP in post 20.

Regardless, we all have bad days. That doesn't give pharmacists special dispensation (see what I did there) to act like assholes. Their remuneration enough should stop them behaving this way, whether to an old lady or a hippie. It's called professionalism.

https://www.pharmacypgd.co.uk/system/gphcstandards.pdf

Seems like I misread the OP. But you are right, we all have bad days, even pharmacists ;-)

But as well, we only have one side of the story. Perhaps on the pharmacistsunited.com we could find a post

nwphamacist said:
Christ, here is one I have to tell you. This known trouble maker stumbled through the front door, smacked out of his gourd, could barely put one foot in front of the other, oh how I would love to put a few obstacles in the doorway and watch how they fall on their face, only trouble would be they would probably lie there for hours, plus the old dears who come in might trip as well, anyway this guy stumbled to the counter, ranted some gibberish I couldn't understand, just random shouts, the counter girls looked at me with, not fear on their face they have seen it all before but that look of "here we go again". Eventually we understood they were saying they didn't know what they wanted. I tried to explain to them about 20 times that we are not mind readers and perhaps they should come back when they knew. If the end they just laid across 4 chairs we have for customers and made this poor pregnant lass stand up whilst her prescription was sorted. When they came round, I had had enough and just told them I am not going to sell them <insert long list of drugs they always try and blag> and they should just leave.

I know this wasn't very professional of me, but I have had enough of putting up with this.

Or perhaps this guy is just a cunt to everyone 8o

With apologies to the OP for taking a derailed thread even further off track <3

(and in answer to the actual question, yes, i do think the treatment you describe is totally unnecessary and actionable if you wish to take action)

Last edited:
The point that a lot of people seem to have missed is that nobody deserves to be treated like that, by anyone, ever. At all. Not even a real, live, desperate junkie. Have you all got so much internalised self-loathing, or what? There was no reason for the pharmacist to humiliate a customer in public. He needs a bit of surgery on his shoulder, to remove that massive chip.