• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Discussion: Vitamin C and MDMA (split from Six Rules)

^ the sad part is that it isn't unheard of. I have had friends who did 20 pills a weekend, every weekend. Needless to say they are all royally messed up now but yeah, its within the realm of stupidity possibility.

My thoughts on the vitamin C... In my experience, it relieves some of the body load of MDMA but doesn't seem to do much else. I wouldn't say that vitamin C shortened my rolls or weakened them because I drank Emergen-C packets while rolling all the time without issue.

Yeah see, I have to make full disclosure on that. I could have been one of your friends. I personally "abused" MDMA by taking about a dozen pills a day, 5-6 days a week, for about 1 month or 6 weeks. Something like that. (Hard to remember now since it's been near a decade.) All untested pills of course. Oh boy...

So yeah, I probably took 200-400 pills in that time frame. Not smart. Had lasting effects for a long time. Probably still do, just gotten so used to them that they're hard to distinguish from "before." Mostly a mild twitch, not really noticeable. Just a compulsion to move certain muscles. Really afraid I'll develop early onset Parkinson's. But over the years, it's gotten better. So I figure old age is where I'll pay. I know first-hand what abuse of MDMA can do. Thankfully, I've healed >90%. Many are not so lucky. Had I gone further....No, I don't even want to think of that.

On topic: I always took Vitamin C while rolling. Frequently drank Orange Juice after orally dosing pills and throughout roll. I "believed" it would increase the effects. But I knew nothing. My evidence is anecdotal at best, but I don't think it ever really helped. And it shouldn't help, it should hinder. Aren't MDMA (and other amphetamines) best absorbed in a basic environment? Therefore, putting anything into your body that's acidic should hinder the effects. Or am I off base (pun intended) here?

Once the MDMA is already absorbed into the bloodstream that shouldn't make a difference, though... so drinking orange juice while you're rolling probably wouldn't have any effect. Putting MDMA in a shot of juice or taking large amounts of vitamin C before dosing hinders the effects of other amphetamines however, and I see little reason why this wouldn't translate to MDMA

honestly I can't imagine enjoying taking that much MDMA.

I always thought that phenethylamine structured drugs(including amphs) benefit from a more basic stomach environment for absorption (i.e. take a tums right before your dose) but the only time I did it with 2c-b I thought it might have brought out more of the bodyload.

tryptamines apparently absorb better in a more acidic environment so vitamin C/Orange juice/acidic fruit juice is the best to drink before taking shrooms or dosing a tryptamine orally

Once the MDMA is already absorbed into the bloodstream that shouldn't make a difference, though... so drinking orange juice while you're rolling probably wouldn't have any effect. Putting MDMA in a shot of juice or taking large amounts of vitamin C before dosing hinders the effects of other amphetamines however, and I see little reason why this wouldn't translate to MDMA

It does apply, there's no doubt in my mind about that, because of the acidity. I only ever put it in OJ once before I learned my lesson.

The acidity of ascorbic acid is one of the reasons I love Emergen-C - the mineral ascorbates are much less acidic. Maybe that's why it never had any detrimental effects on my roll. I used to drink that stuff 2 or 3 times a day, including rolling days, and I've dropped pills using Emergen-C water to swallow them and never had an issue

wow what a discussion.. hehe.. I was thinking
is it less neruotoxic then to take vitamin C before the roll but expect a shorter roll? but if you then do a re-dose to have a roll of the same length as if you would take vitamin C 2h in the roll, what is better or least nerutoxic? if you understand my question..

I don't really think that vitamin C in a reasonable amount (read: not high enough to give you diarrhea) will cause a significant reduction in neurotoxicity. If you want that, get alpha-lipoic acid, which has been shown to dramatically reduce MDMA neurotoxicity.

A single administration of 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine (MDMA, 20 mg/kg, i.p.), induced significant hyperthermia in rats and reduced 5-hydroxytryptamine (5-HT) content and [3H]paroxetine-labeled 5-HT transporter density in the frontal cortex, striatum and hippocampus by 40-60% 1 week later. MDMA treatment also increased glial fibrillary acidic protein (GFAP) immunoreactivity in the hippocampus. Repeated administration of the metabolic antioxidant alpha-lipoic acid (100 mg/kg, i.p., b.i.d. for 2 consecutive days) 30 min prior to MDMA did not prevent the acute hyperthermia induced by the drug; however, it fully prevented the serotonergic deficits and the changes in the glial response induced by MDMA. These results further support the hypothesis that free radical formation is responsible for MDMA-induced neurotoxicity.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10619665

ah okay. saw on another forum that Recommended dose was 600mg-3000mg Ala a day two days before.. any thoughts?

I am not a fan of doubling down on a supplement to enhance rolling. If you're going to add ALA into your life, take it daily. I'd work up to 100mg a day personally.

I am not a fan of doubling down on a supplement to enhance rolling. If you're going to add ALA into your life, take it daily. I'd work up to 100mg a day personally.

I agree one should supplement their diet regularly. But if a short-term dose can help enhance your roll at a lower dose, or prevent neurotoxicity, I'm sure you would recommend that, wouldn't you?