Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Megathread Discord Watch Party

Just was looking it up and that sounds like an awesome movie, im deff gonna be checking it out. Would deff be down for this watching party if im not working the night it goes down. And ill drop some acid for good measure.

I do have to say that the movie is, well, quite emotionally traumatic to watch in a few different ways, but that's also what makes it so amazing. I wouldn't recommend watching it on psychedelics to people who aren't completely confident in their ability to deal with intense emotions while tripping.

It's such a visually beautiful, deep, meaningful, and completely unique movie that explores the concept of what happens in the moments before death, but also makes you think about what consciousnesses even is. The idea of "life flashing before your eyes" is presented in the form of a reverse fractal of time.

Much of the film is actually in the form of hallucinations, not drug induced hallucinations, but in the way of a hallucination such as the subjective experiences of a memory or a dream, a phantasia, a production of the mind's soul.

Visually the movie is orgasmic, much more so while tripping. However, there are many parts that produce some very intense emotions. Personally I felt everything from panic, terror, despair, sadness, remorse, love, disgust, ecstasy, laughter, wonder, and several more emotions I do not even have words for because I've never felt them before and do not know how to describe them. It's such a rollercoaster.

And the entire movie is from a literal first person point of view (the camera frame is what the character's eyes see, and at points what his consciousness would see). He is an extremely relatable character to many of us, an average druggie and psychonaut, with both good and bad memories from his past life experiences.

I remember it being so incredibly profound and introspective, and overwhelms you with a spiritual wonder of life, your own life memories, and the unknowable nature of reality.

I was completely stunned, in a good way, after watching it. There is no other movie even close to it.

Here's a taste of the stunning visuals and vibe, in the scene where he smokes DMT near the beginning of the movie (no spoilers in this):

Here's a brief analysis of what the movie is, and why it's so intense (contains significant spoilers of the plot and some scenes):

Last edited:
With YouTube videos it’s easy enough but I think you have to do screen sharing for everyone to watch, say, a Netflix video.

Yeah, one person starts streaming and everyone can see their screen, and everyone watching can type in chat or voice chat if they want.
I can do the screen sharing if we can agree on a film and a date and time. I know with time zones it can be hard.