• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Dilaudid/hydromorphone MEGA THREAD and FAQ

Heres a short bit of an article detailing the findings of a study dedicated to conclusivly finding the absolute bioavailability of hydromorphone in rectal use.

http://jcp.sagepub.com/content/27/9/647.abstract

They also have one for intranasal. Obviously nothing is going to be stronger and more of an efficient way to use basically any drug than IVing. Provided it's compositional make up allows for IV.

First time I injected Dilaudid, after years and years of heroin use, I too felt a little nervous at first when the feeling came on. Hah, it is such a powerful rush, especially when you get into injecting the range of 8-32mg, that it can literally take you off your feet. I attribute it to getting hit head on by a freight train carrying the sun..hah. Amazing. Doesn't have the longest legs though, however I solved that problem by mixing heroin into the shot. All the bang of the dilaudid, with the length of the H. Dilaudid speedballs are pretty wonderful too...hah. The two most intense rushes of all time, all at once. Mind blowing.

D-balls

I totally agree, Scagnattie. This weekend I had the chance to grab some blow, so, I mixed up a D-ball and two lines for dessert (each time to redose on dilly). Each time I was surprised, as usual, on how they cancel out the bad side-effects of one another. Usually I am really sensitive to IV cocaine, but this time I just wanted to pour it in (mind you, this was not my first experience.) But you're right when you mentioned two of the most intense dopaminergic rushes hitting all at once. MMM that taste!

I haven't had the chance to try a true 'speedball', but I'd love to, and would love to hear the comparitive differences between a 'D-ball' and a 'speedball'. I know some people on here will argue and say that any upper/downer, or any upper/opiate is a speedball, but I think oldschool and IV H+C comes to mind. I've seen people on here claiming they have done speedballs and they reported snorting a couple lines and popping a few pills(like 20mg each of ritalin and valium...haha) and claim it was a speedball.

Who else here has done the D-ball, or IV combo of Dilaudid and cocaine? What does everyone think when I ask which feels better, D+cocaine, or D+d-amp? I've done both and believe cocaine compliments the effects more. Let's hear it!

Heres a short bit of an article detailing the findings of a study dedicated to conclusivly finding the absolute bioavailability of hydromorphone in rectal use.

http://jcp.sagepub.com/content/27/9/647.abstract

From the abstract:

Hydromorphone has an absolute bioavailability of 51.35 +/- 29.29% and 36.33 +/- 29.60% after peroral and rectal administration, respectively.

Wow, thanks for sharing! What a strange drug, ranging from almost useless to awesome when taken orally or plugging. I wonder why? And more importantly, what can be done to get the most out of it? I had adjusted for pH when I plugged it, as is recommended for morphine, but I didn't seem to get much from it. Next time I'll add some Acetyl-L-Carnitine, which in some drugs helps to cross cell membranes. I have used this with some success before, but those drugs (such as oxycodone) have a high BA plugging already... Here is some info on that: http://www.freepatentsonline.com/4731360.html

Last edited:
From my opiod conversion chart (More extensive than any converter I've seen, I made it)

It says here 20mg Oxycodone Oral Administration = 3.75mg Dilaudid Intranasal Administration

Can someone tell me how Dilaudid snorting compares to oxycodone orally?

I'd just like to get my facts right

Oh yeah... and

What would be better?

10mg of Opana (Oxymorphone) Intranasal Administration
or
15mg Dilaudid (Hydromorphone) Intranasal Administration

According to my calculations, 10mg Oxymorphone = 15mg Dilaudid (both Intranasal) BUT which of the two has a better euphoric rush?

(I'm not actually going to do it in those high doses without tolerance)

Last edited:
never in my entire life, 30+ years of opiates, have i heard of a hospital giving 50 mg of (my fav) dilaudid IV at one time..hospitals as a rule dont like to give huge doses of that drug. they never even have the 8mg stocked. you must be confused by the 50mg of dilaudid you took. I dont know very many people who could take even half of that without an OD. very experienced drug users too.

From the abstract:

Hydromorphone has an absolute bioavailability of 51.35 +/- 29.29% and 36.33 +/- 29.60% after peroral and rectal administration, respectively.

Wow, thanks for sharing! What a strange drug, ranging from almost useless to awesome when taken orally or plugging. I wonder why? And more importantly, what can be done to get the most out of it? I had adjusted for pH when I plugged it, as is recommended for morphine, but I didn't seem to get much from it. Next time I'll add some Acetyl-L-Carnitine, which in some drugs helps to cross cell membranes. I have used this with some success before, but those drugs (such as oxycodone) have a high BA plugging already... Here is some info on that: http://www.freepatentsonline.com/4731360.html

For best oral bioavailability, take a glass or two of grapefruit juice 1-2 hours before ingesting the drug. Or you can also purchase naringenin online and take this citrus bioflavonoid supplement a couple hours before taking the dilaudid. Be warned, oral bioavailability may be GREATLY enhanced. Maybe up to nearly 100%.

If one has never shot up before. What would be an ideal dose of hydromorphone? Tolerance details below:

1. Currently prescribed 400mg Tramadol/day and it barely touches my pain, let alone gives me any sort of feeling
2. Before being prescribed Tramadol, was taking 60-80mg of hydrocodone daily
3. Can take 30mg Morphine orally and the high isn't super strong

Doug, if your ROA is IV, then you should need about 2-4mg of Hydromorphone to get an effect similar to 30mg of oral morphine. This is one of the most potent opiates out there, start low - it does wear off quickly though, so shooting only HM is kind of excrutiating.

I don't plan on doing it anytime in the near future, if ever. Would just like to be armed with the knowledge if and when I wanted to do something like this.

*star shoots by leaving rainbow tracers* THE MORE YOU KNOW!

I have a few 16mg Exalgos. I've taken off the outer shell and separated the greyish substance from the white part(which to my knowledge is pure hydromorphone?). I don't want to IV could I just crush the white part up dialogs it in water and drink it? Or even cut it in 2 and take that?

And I also wanted to see how the dosage is on these since it's extended release 24hr. Is it safe to take all of that at once? I take Lortabs very frequently 3 at a time 10 mg. Some help por favor!

From what I've read, taking half of that should be plenty IF NOT MORE THAN ENOUGH.

I've never taken this, but I just thought I might say something before you take it while all the experts on this are elsewhere lol.

Ha thanks man. Im holding off tonight. From what I've read the white part is pure hydromorphone and ifthats the case I would just crush it up split half the powder mix it in some juice or something and just sip on it. Idk if after I've seperated the grey from the white if there is any other extraction process or anything if I'm NOT using an IV

30mg oxycodone = 10mg hydromorphone oral to oral. There are lots of narcotic converters on the web that will tell you answers in that area, you should always reduce by 50% for incomplete cross-tolerance, so you would start with 5 or 6 mg of HM, oral.

also, intra-nasal BA is higher than oral, up to 50%.

Since these only have three ingredients: hydromorphone HCl, lactose anhydrose and magnesium stearate--it makes these a lot safer to IV. I use a bit of heat on mine to dissolve all of the lactose as well, but there is a catch. Magnesium stearate melts and becomes soluble at 88 degrees celcius. That being said, you have to let the solution cool since the water was near 100 degrees C; when you let it cool, you will see the mag. stearate form a slight clear film on the top of the solution. If you push this aside you are left with a perfectly clear solution of hydromorph and lactose. Filter well, and enjoy. Double filtering never hurts, just to make sure none of the stearate makes it through, which it shouldn't. This is what makes the 8mg Dilaudids so desireable.
I know the mods will blast me for talking about heat, but if you let it cool, all of the insoluble will be floating on the top and can be dealt with. With the 4s the only difference is the Yellow Lake colorant.

THIS, is what I needed to find. Thanks a million times scott. You aren't a dick ;)

hey TRO, don't be a cunt. Micron filter these or end up like James Fogle.

Edit: whatever. you can't help people who won't listen. There is a real life example of someone shooting large amounts of these pills throughout a lifetime, who is currently dieing because of it and nobody will listen.

all of ya'lls "friends" who did this and were fine are in for a terrible surprise when they start hitting old age and their lungs start failing.

Last edited:
I don't do IV dilaudid very often, it's been a one week or two once a year since about 6 years and I just found out how to remove the magnesium stearate, which isn't dangerous like talc or titanium oxide or what have you. I never IV'd anything else, this guy's solution to taking it out actually works. I'll keep snorting the dillies the rest of the time like I always did, but thanks for your input.

The Scott/dick joke is from South Park by the way. Since he's canadian like me it worked even more, but if humour isn't allowed I'll just go back at mostly lurking, which isn't a problem with me.

I mean.. i don't know man. If you have the opportunity to be completely safe, no questions asked, about it, even if you only IV once in a while, why not take advantage of it????

edit: understood on the don't be a dick comment. sorry if I got a bit aggro. I want to make it clear that myself and all the mods and administrators truly value all of your contributions and questions in Other Drugs, and I don't want to alienate any members. I love you guys or I wouldn't be doing this.

I've seen the prices for micron filters....3.75$ each, well fuck me, they are more expensive than the actual Dilaudids 4mg and do not warrant a purchase based on a 7-8 injections a year basis, which might not even be perpetual as I have been quite good at controlling my opiate intake over the years. And that dude Fogle is apparently 73...when I reach that age I most likely won't mind dying. Stop being judgemental, this method might not be 110% harm reductionist but it is enough for me and my oh-so infrequent use of the needle. I'll just leave this here as I have found the answers to my questions and I'm much more concerned with the fact I need Trileptal and Dilaudid to endure life (pain) than anything else.

I will continue to support your HR position for the people who inject actual very dangerous things like Ritalin, Oxycontin etc. which I would be the first to declare retarded if I posted more often, but this isn't needed as this message board is composed of some very brilliant minds who take this "job" a lot more to heart than I do. Keep up the good work BL.

T_R_O - you can actually call Whatman (who produces micron filters) and have any 4 filters sent, free of charge, to your residence where you can "try them out" and get back to them later. A micron filter, when used with sterile water, can last through 20-40 dilaudids worth of filtering... so you would be covered for basically the rest of your lifetime.

At least consider it, please.