• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Dilated Pupils

Synthetic cannabinoids maybe? I'm not the most educated when it comes to these compounds, but others here will surely have info on this =)

Keep us up-to-date please, Kris, so we can advise you as best we can :)
I agree with most people that it is an amphetamine. Opiate withdrawal also causes massive pupils and can make some people aggressive.

Thanks for all of the replies, I sincerely appreciate each one. I have my ring back, and despite relaying my concerns for her health and her daughter, her getting a random drug test and losing her job, dui, or killing someone, I'm the manipulative, overbearing, suck the fun out of life asshole.
I wish those still suffering nothing but strength and courage, and finding a way out.
Maybe go back tonight and re-read a msg or listen to a vm from a loved one. Somebody wants you to do life with them, that should be cherished, and we only get one go of it. This stuff gets the best of the best, any of us can get caught, but making that u-turn, that's in your core, dig deep, and push hard, it never goes away despite how much or what you choose to cover it up with!

Thanks for all of the replies, I sincerely appreciate each one. I have my ring back, and despite relaying my concerns for her health and her daughter, her getting a random drug test and losing her job, dui, or killing someone, I'm the manipulative, overbearing, suck the fun out of life asshole.
I wish those still suffering nothing but strength and courage, and finding a way out.
Maybe go back tonight and re-read a msg or listen to a vm from a loved one. Somebody wants you to do life with them, that should be cherished, and we only get one go of it. This stuff gets the best of the best, any of us can get caught, but making that u-turn, that's in your core, dig deep, and push hard, it never goes away despite how much or what you choose to cover it up with!
You’re a good and wise soul, Kris. You care, and that comes across in your messages. I am so sorry to hear about the outcome (at least at the moment), and I can only imagine the pain you and your family will have to work through because of this. I’m not going to be one of those to tell you it’s all for the best. In this thing called life, it’s rarely ever that simple. But I am sending positive thoughts and energy your way.

You mentioned that she was prescribed something. Maybe she was prescribed adderall (and doesn't view this as a "drug")?

Hey, thank you for the response, it was something for anxiety/panic attacks, but can't recall what it was...not anything popular like Xanax...

Hey, i have 0 drug use experience, but feel my 33 yr old fiance is lying to me about hers.
Recently, I have noticed her pupils hugely dilated, I mean, they couldn't possibly dilate anymore. This is in normal lighting, no eye dr visits or such. Both times I've asked she got real defensive, "oh, you think I'm on fucking drugs, now?!?" I can't say that I've witnessed a change in her behavior or speech, such as being overly excited, chatty, or jittery. She has been drinking more and seems to be down more than anything, not sleeping well at all, up all hours of the night. Crash, then wake up. Drank near 34 beers within 12-14 hrs and seemed like she was out of it when i got there. She text me she was worried about herself. She was on the floor in full blown tears and hysterical. She was ranting about a previous abusive relationship and going over the damages he had caused in the home. This guy had her on pain pills at one point. Could pain pills be causing the dilation and what other behaviors would be expected? Or could it be something else? I love this woman, but I love my kids and their safety more. Thanks!
It seems like most people here think she's using stimulants but I think she might have been using psychedelics. My guess would be XTC. It would certainly explain her eyes and it seems like a more likely option for someone not usually taking drugs than stimulants. The down after XTC highs is probably one of the worst mentally speaking. This could explain her depressions. These effects get worse the more you take it if you don't space it out properly. Does she go out a lot? If yes, my bet is certainly on to much MDMA use. You should ask her or her friends nicely about it. If she really abuses XTC it is a proper risk to her mental health and it's important that she trusts you, so you can provide the best of help.

Ty for your reply. I had also thought about this as well. I've given up, I did tell her if she needed anything to let me know, but of course, she doesn't need my help, doesn't have a problem. Spending my time focusing on me, that's what I have to do.

Hey, thank you for the response, it was something for anxiety/panic attacks, but can't recall what it was...not anything popular like Xanax...

Valium? Ativan? Klonopin? Mogadon? There are a couple dozen prescription benzo's it could have been.

Hi Kris,
Im very sorry to read whats been taking place. While we can't be sure, I would honestly say it sounds lime shes using either amphetamines or methamphetamine. A very small chance of it being ecstasy (mdma) but I would say 80% chance amph/meth,10% mdma, 10% other.

I hope things work out!

Because this is a Harm Reduction forum, I'm gonna have to move this. Please forgive me if my tone sounds crass, but we absolutely are not dedicated any resources, mental, physical or spiritual to helping folks play detective about their loved ones' potential drug use. We are a Harm Reduction forum. If there is not an open and honest dialogue, then you need to create one.

This whole thing is negativity, dishonesty and sneaking around. You need to have an open and honest conversation about things. If they aren't willing to be honest, you're wasting your time with that person. It's something people seem to have a hard time admitting, but if you're being lied to, then have some self-respect and don't waste your time with people who aren't willing to be honest with you.

I'm locking this for the above reasons.