• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Different ways of taking MDMA and how they differ

Hey mate. Please stop posting this sort of misinformation. This is a harm reduction forum where genuine, objective information is highly valued because it can save lives. When you tell people things that are false or misinformed, you are potentially leading people to make misinformed and dangerous decisions as a result.

MDMA does not contain methamphetamine. It contains part of the structure but it's still NOT methamphetamine. You present no data to back up your claim about most MDMA being MDA. Lastly, it is perfectly viable to take MDMA rectally.

Please man, stop adding nonsense to the forum. That could have real life consequences and is really innaprorpiate and potentially dangerous here.

Beat me too it. Well said. Misinformation serves no value in harm reduction.

However, taking by eye- now that ROA is definitely stronger. Also I would notice slightly different effects depending on which I I took it in, which I assumed was related to to the different sides of the brain.

Not very wise. I never plugged acid, but would be curious, although I don't expect the effect would be any stronger assuming you could actually reliably get 100% of the acid into your system that way without losing any.

I never took it by eye, and I think it is pretty dangerous not because of the LSD itself, but because it would be practically impossible to verify if there is something irritant that is not LSD in the liquid.

Also, if the LSD solution is not tested as actual LSD it could be a psychedelic amphetamine, who knows.
Also I'm not sure if the LSD is going to go to one part of the brain first that way, and if that would make a difference in where is binds.

What our beloved HeatlessBBQ posts is a confused version of the difference between oral ROA and snorted/plugged/IV.
There are a lot of serotonin receptors in the gut and this apparently leads to a stronger serotoninergic stimulation and a different experience.
As it has been said, snorting and plugging hits faster and lasts a bit less and it is also less serotoninergic and more stim like, so yeah, it makes MDMA feel a bit less magic and a bit more like Amphetamine/Adderall/Meth.
Key word here, a bit, it's not going to be Meth, its just just going to shift the effects slightly towards a regular stim.
It will still be a MDMA experience,just slightly different and there will be more urge to redose on the comedown.
It is possible that a reduced serotoninergic activity could reduce the comedown compared to oral, but only if taking the same amount.
It is very harsh on the nose, so plugging is better as it avoids damage by spreading a solution on a much larger surface.
If snorting, it is crucial to crush the crystals to an impalpable powder to reduce damage.
IV MDMA is insanely strong and stimulating and the doses need to be scaled down significantly, and it his absolutely not recommended because of the risks involved.

Regarding chewing MDMA crystals it will give slightly faster absorption but it will also increase gurning (bruxism) jaw tightness and reduce salivation even more.
Not recommended as I know of people that have damaged their teeth as they wouldn't be aware of the grinding and couldn't stop it.

Smoking it is very difficult as it degrades easily when heated, it is harsh, and you can't really smoke enough to roll. Avoid, it is just a wast of MDMA.
EDIT: just to be more clear, I wrote smoking but I really meant vaping with a glass pipe such as those used for Meth.
Smoking provides no control over the temperature, and the temperature is way too high, making it a complete waste and a disgusting experience and probably is even more toxic than vaping due to the higher chances of the drug degrading.
Do not put MDMA in spliffs or bongs that is just crazy.
Cheers, very helpful and insightful response.

Also I'm not sure if the LSD is going to go to one part of the brain first that way, and if that would make a difference in where is binds.
Yes I do agree with that, I wasnt actually suggesting that the acid was actually reaching and effecting the relative side of the brain more than the other.

Just a thought I had at the time. There is something going on with our eyes and emotions and mindset. I think right side of brain is more logical, left side is more emotional and creative.

I may have that the wrong way round, and I know it's a generalisation but we def touched on this on one of my degree courses.

There is also an observable difference on colour/tone of the visual field, between the 2 eyes.

I never notice or even look for it these days, too tired but also my opric nerve injury has messed with things.

But one eye always would give a lighter shade/tone than the other, both would have an indeniable different colour/shade profile though.

And I used to swear that dependong on which eye you used, looking at the same thing would yield a different way of perceiving it and esentially, feelong about it.

My university housemates and I played aroind with this for giggles while it was fresh from lectures and we all agreed that there seemed to be something at play.

And the right eye is connected to the left side of the brain and vice versa.

All very unscientific it was but not without basis. But taking Lsd by eye is a very very different experience than orally. Hits noticeably harder. It has uneven effects also depending on which eye, there definitely seemed to be a difference.

And I would get a stronger and different effect on the side I dosed. It was hard to describe it but I guarantee it did work that way.

It was always blotters for the record. Yes Im with you on contaminants etc. Not something I would do now of course I was just a crazy psychonaut with no thought for tomorrow.

Not wise behaviour.

Remove this guy from this forum please. Hes doing a lot of harm. Where the mods at? This is out of hand.
I want to react to this post and to the thread in general. I agree completely that there was a whole lot of misinformation in those few posts. However I think they have been thoroughly picked apart by you all and have sparked some insightful posts and discussion. I don't believe being grossly misinformed is a reason to remove someone from a forum, unless it's with wilful intent to knowingly spread misinformation. I do believe in intervening as little as possible as I thoroughly despise censorship and I think a mod intervention kills free flowing discussion. That is on the condition that the misinformation is rationally and thoroughly attacked and picked apart. If this does not happen, then a mod should intervene, by replying himself/herself or in extreme cases by editing or hiding posts and handing out infractions/bans. At least that has always been my approach as a mod. I want to thank you and everyone else for handling this like you did, because regardless of what I said above your observation was correct, I was absent for a few days due to personal circumstances and I got to this pretty late. But, reading back now, my intervention was luckily not even needed as the reaction time and quality was on-point, as is usual on this forum

Last edited:
Ecstasy is the way to go.

Parachuting molly or popping in capsules isn't very efficient unless it's weighed out perfectly correct.

I handled afew tabs of acid and must have itched my eye because i had a mass of visual distortion in my peripheral that was quite bothersome,
it went away not long after i washed my eyes out.

Ecstasy is the way to go.

Parachuting molly or popping in capsules isn't very efficient unless it's weighed out perfectly correct.

I will assume that Ecstasy = pressed pills and Molly = Crystals sold as MDMA.

There is no guarantee of getting pure unadulterated MDMA in a pill or in crystal form.
Neither is more likely to be legit or safer than the other in any regard.
Pills can be high or low dose, Crystals can be pure or cut.
Impurities can be in both, both can be another drug or a mix of MDMA and another drug or a mix of 2 or more different drugs.
Only a reagent kit or a lab test can identify a substance, an acetone wash should be used to remove as many cuts and impurities as possible, and to prepare the dose a jewellery scale should be always employed for safety and to be able to track consumption.
The perfect dose varies from person to person as response to a given dose is not universal, fluctuations in hormones influence the high, and also people like to experience different levels of intensity.

There is no guarantee of getting pure unadulterated MDMA in a pill or in crystal form.
I am finding low quality but legitimate rolls at the clubs here in England from time to time, quite often actually.

Not sure about America anymore though... Used to live there and stopped because of the psychedelic game They are playing.

I am finding low quality but legitimate rolls at the clubs here in England from time to time, quite often actually.

I think you mean "legitimate" as in, actually containing only MDMA?
What is it low quality about them then?
What my post meant was that if you buy pills you are not guaranteed that they will only contain MDMA, not that you can't find them.
So, of all the pills sold (worldwide), some will contain MDMA and some won't.
And same goes for crystals and powders sold as MDMA.
The way you worded your post it means that it is your experience that sometimes, even many times, but not always, the pills are ok.
Which equals to finding MDMA only pills not being a certainty.

"Legitimate", "actual" ecstasy tablets, "clean beans", "clean rolls", illies...etc.

Yes, They contain MDMA. Lol. Just a lower dose.

Not about adulterated ecstasy. Thank god for bluelight.org and pill reports.

Lastly i've also heard of people smoking MD but never got around to doing it myself, if anyone has done it how different is the high? (if it is).
[/QUOTE]

Snorting kicks in quicker but misses the gradual come up and goes straight to the point (peaking).I've tried smoking fairly pure white mdma powder and it just turns black and is very harsh and unpleasant.the reason no one is raving about how great smoking mdma is is bcoz it's unsmokeable as the HCL and seeing as how anyother amphetamine sulphates are unsmokeable I'm gunna say mdma sulfate is also unsmokeable.ive also talked to a guy who made mdma (I was in jail with the guy seen the charge sheets)who was a big ice smoker so naturally I asked him if he ever smoked mdma and he said it doesn't smoke very well and going by my experience and his saying that you can't really smoke mdma I'm gunna say it can't be done.anyone who says they have is probably smoking mdai or 4fluroamphetamine which I've heard can be smoked.ive had what I'm guessing is 5mapb which when eaten gave mdma effects but when smoked were an acceptable mdpv/aPVP substitute.no matter how much was smoked no mdma effects were felt it absolutely needed first pass liver metabolism to give a rolling effect.it could have been something else so if anyone has any ideas on what this RC was for sure I'd like to know.but I've never had anything resembling smokable mdma.

I want to react to this post and to the thread in general. I agree completely that there was a whole lot of misinformation in those few posts. However I think they have been thoroughly picked apart by you all and have sparked some insightful posts and discussion. I don't believe being grossly misinformed is a reason to remove someone from a forum, unless it's with wilful intent to knowingly spread misinformation. I do believe in intervening as little as possible as I thoroughly despise censorship and I think a mod intervention kills free flowing discussion. That is on the condition that the misinformation is rationally and thoroughly attacked and picked apart. If this does not happen, then a mod should intervene, by replying himself/herself or in extreme cases by editing or hiding posts and handing out infractions/bans. At least that has always been my approach as a mod. I want to thank you and everyone else for handling this like you did, because regardless of what I said above your observation was correct, I was absent for a few days due to personal circumstances and I got to this pretty late. But, reading back now, my intervention was luckily not even needed as the reaction time and quality was on-point, as is usual on this forum

Understandable, then i implore you to simply have a read at his recent posts. I would argue HE DOES make posts with wilful intent to knowingly spread misinformation. As he constantly posts mis-information everywhere! This isnt a first offense.

Ya to be honest I gotta agree. It’s quite obvious at this point many of the posts are simply to get a rise out of people and cause people to correct him. I could provide quite a few examples but this threads off track enough. (One being him asking what a 5 strip feels like after giving a comprehensive overview of effects to dosages for LSD just two years prior.)

I’ve only personally tried MDMA oral and snorted. I started off snorting it when I was younger cuz I did that with any drug I could at the time. After awhile though, researching MDMA and taking it orally, I realized the magic was in the oral dosing.

That said my first experience was snorted and it was beyond breathtaking..

I’ve been curious to try it again but would probably do it as a booster after an initial oral dose.

-GC

Snorting kicks in quicker but misses the gradual come up and goes straight to the point (peaking).I've tried smoking fairly pure white mdma powder and it just turns black and is very harsh and unpleasant.the reason no one is raving about how great smoking mdma is is bcoz it's unsmokeable as the HCL and seeing as how anyother amphetamine sulphates are unsmokeable I'm gunna say mdma sulfate is also unsmokeable.

Have you ever heard/known of MDMA sulphate to be made?

IVing MDMA is without question the most intense drug of ever done, however would not recommend to the faint hearted.

Oral is just fine honestly I would NOT snort any MDMA … no bueno.

Yeah mdma sulfate pops up every own and then.its made bcoz it doesn't absorb water from the atmosphere the way HCL does.in simple terms it stays dry.

I once IV’d a 80-100 microgram dose of purity tested MDMA at the end of a Meth binge when insane terror of the coming crash was running high. The rush of hot panicked anxiety it hit me with made me feel like I needed an emergency room for maybe 2 minutes but then it chilled me out completely for the half a day I needed to get supplies for the more usual management of a meth comedown. I can’t see that anyone would ever IV it in the pursuit of all the good feelings quality molly can deliver. However, I’m kind of interested in how and why it had what I found to be another possibly positive use.

If meth felt like pure love and happiness wrapping itself around your heart and soul like real MDMA does, I would for sure be a meth addict right now lol Or maybe it does? I might be missing out :unsure:

I always just eat it. Only tried snorting once and the burn was probably the worst out of ANYTHING I've ever put up my nose. I wasn't even able to take enough to feel any decent effects. I quit after the tiniest bump lol And I've never smoked it, so I can't really speak on that.

So basically.... I have no other experiences to compare to be able to contribute to the discussion. But I already typed all of this, so I'm posting it ??‍♂️