• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

difference between snorting speed[amphetamine] and smoking speed[methamphetamine}

Cool, we're posting our grades now? What about IQ? What about Myers Briggs personality test results?

I wouldn't consider Meth a prodrug for amph since most meth is eliminated unchanged through the urine and is quite a bit more potent. It's been a long time since I've done either but IMO, the rush from insufflated meth is quite a bit more intense than even injected d-amphetamine. I don't know one way or the other but it wouldn't surprise me if d-meth had more serotinergic acitivity than d-amphetamine simply because it has more activity overall. Iirc in the case of MDMA, although the N-methylation lowers the potency, it does increase the ratio of serotinergic affinity in relation to catecholamines,

Cool, we're posting our grades now? What about IQ? What about Myers Briggs personality test results?

I wouldn't consider Meth a prodrug for amph since most meth is eliminated unchanged through the urine and is quite a bit more potent. It's been a long time since I've done either but IMO, the rush from insufflated meth is quite a bit more intense than even injected d-amphetamine. I don't know one way or the other but it wouldn't surprise me if d-meth had more serotinergic acitivity than d-amphetamine simply because it has more activity overall. Iirc in the case of MDMA, although the N-methylation lowers the potency, it does increase the ratio of serotinergic affinity in relation to catecholamines,

yeah, meth is essentially the big brother of amphs..
but snorting vs smoking? snort because i know i wont waste any and i love the burn!

Smoking meth always leads to a horrid headache imo and doesn't last as long but feels a lot more euphoric than railing but it also depends about quality ice and shitty half meth. Which I call the powder moreso homemade In Poor conditions and the cooker doesn't know how to do the real cooking that leavesyou with a ton of shiny nice glass. I do like amps but I meth is easier to say no to after you comedown and you won't binge so much just due to exhaustion but that's my opinion. I love ice more than damp but I'm also trying to just stick to damp.

i think that snorting is better because the effects come in more gradually are more suble, but in a very good way

I know this is an old thread, just have a newbie question: What you are talking about is not speed(paste) is it? If not: does speed have similar effects (~80% purity) or is it completely different?

I know this is an old thread, just have a newbie question: What you are talking about is not speed(paste) is it? If not: does speed have similar effects (~80% purity) or is it completely different?
Yes it does. speed / speed paste = Amphetamine.

no, meth releases a lot of serotonin while amphetamine does not unless taken in huge doses. meth also release a hell of a lot more dopamine than amphetamine .meth is not a prodrug for amphetamine

heroin is a prodrug fro morphine, you got confused here:)
While meth does not release serotonin, it does directly agonize 5-HT receptors. The reason meth is a far calmer stim high, is because it releases far less norepinephrine and far more dopamine than amphetamine.