• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

difference between snorting speed[amphetamine] and smoking speed[methamphetamine}

ETNO562

Greenlighter
how different is the high from snorting speed[amphetamine] and smoking speed[methamphetamine}

Snorting speed is like taking a nice ride on a bullet train...... smoking meth is like getting shot into space!

Edit: Sorry, just enough time to say that before I leave.... O/

I find railing (snorting) gear to have a more sketchy, hyped up, wanna run around like a retard feeling. Where as smoking is more a "relax stimulation" - if that's possible. I could easily smoke bowls with friends all night, on the couch, talking crap and watching movies. While any other ROA (railing, plugging, sublingually) I wanna get up and do thing - best for clubbing/festivals. I also find smoking very more-ish!

I find railing (snorting) gear to have a more sketchy, hyped up, wanna run around like a retard feeling. Where as smoking is more a "relax stimulation" - if that's possible. I could easily smoke bowls with friends all night, on the couch, talking crap and watching movies. While any other ROA (railing, plugging, sublingually) I wanna get up and do thing - best for clubbing/festivals. I also find smoking very more-ish!

I think that is more or less the result of every possible molecule of serotonin being flushed out of the vesicles and into the synaptic cleft where it bounces around until it activates the receptors on the other nerve cell, and the properties of meth have it not only being shoved out in large amounts vs d-amp but also inhibiting the re-uptake of it as well; so a double whammy that has you on your ass but still "calm" if that's the right word. One reason methamphetamine is so much more addictive than regular d-amphetamine in my opinion, because that veil of comfortably numb stimulation is so damn yummy and crave-ably delicious!

Nicely put! =D

I didn't grab an A in 400 level college English with colloquial gibberish now did I~! Hehe, I astound myself at the level of ego petting that I must deliver on a daily basis! :!

I needa read more (to help with my English). I have Asian friends (who obviously didn't grow up in Aus) who have better English/spelling then I do.

Thank god for me being in IT and spell check is all I gotta say! lol

I needa read more (to help with my English). I have Asian friends (who obviously didn't grow up in Aus) who have better English/spelling then I do.

Thank god for me being in IT and spell check is all I gotta say! lol

Yeah, Russian is my first language; well sorta, I stopped learning it exclusively at the age of 3 so I guess that's not too terrible. But occasionally I'll catch myself arranging the word order as I would in Russian and dropping connecting participles and such, but luckily haven't had too bad of a time keeping up with the English big-wigs in my class assuming I'm a business major with medical school in the future compared the their English (lol) majors. %)

Edit: English majors are only good for teachers and librarians! Lmao, English major, what a JOKE!

Haha yes. Also I guess like a Bachelor Of Arts here. I guess depending on the major but BA's a pretty much laughed at.

Anyway, this topic is getting off track! My bad! :)

Haha yes. Also I guess like a Bachelor Of Arts here. I guess depending on the major but BA's a pretty much laughed at.

Anyway, this topic is getting off track! My bad! :)

Lets veer back to the land of chocolate kisses and teddy bear gum drops like we were supposed to be! Venturing off that yellow-brick road laid magically before you can get off-topic fast, but who cares! I Don't! :! =D

I have never gotten anything out of insufflating crushed up d-amp or any drug for that matter, other than my fair share of nosebleeds and a gunked up nasal cavity and frankly, i have no faith in that particular route of administration..

At best, i get a small kick -which i think is purely psychosomatic- for about 10-20 minutes b4 i am left with a palpatating heart, the taste of blood and chemicals in my mouth, a debilitating migraine, that much less speed in my possession and no satisfaction or even the slightest hint of a high whatsoever..

Smoking ice on the other hand is.. well.. it's jsut fucking great.. nuff said.
I like how cloud 9 described it.. And to me, personally.. I don't think there's ever a bad time for a few dozen hits off of the ol' glass peice..
It's a high that is unique compared to all other upper highs that only get you tweaked out of your mind.. it's much more relaxed than that..%)

It's a high that is unique compared to all other upper highs that only get you tweaked out of your mind.. it's much more relaxed than that..%)

I liked doing 4-MAR myself! Fucking epic drug right there, too bad the DEA banned aminorex, it's cousin; before even considering that it might be useful! :|

snorting vs. smoking is a personal choice...i snorted meth on the regular for 4-5 years-liked it way better than smoking. the high from snorting is still strong, can still sometimes be way TOO strong-but it's also far more controllable than smoking, where you can easily do much more/less than you intended to.

i still have dreams about railing a nice fat line of meth...someday i'll do it again;)

Snorting always seemed "heavier". It also feels like razor blades ripping your fucking brain into pieces.

and the properties of meth have it not only being shoved out in large amounts vs d-amp but also inhibiting the re-uptake of it as well;

Amphetamine and methamphetamine are not pharmacologically very different. I can't find anything which compares the dopamine reuptake inhibition of amphetamine vs. methamphetamine, but for the most part methamphetamine is like an amphetamine prodrug.

Amphetamine and methamphetamine are not pharmacologically very different. I can't find anything which compares the dopamine reuptake inhibition of amphetamine vs. methamphetamine, but for the most part methamphetamine is like an amphetamine prodrug.

no, meth releases a lot of serotonin while amphetamine does not unless taken in huge doses. meth also release a hell of a lot more dopamine than amphetamine .meth is not a prodrug for amphetamine

heroin is a prodrug fro morphine, you got confused here:)

pofacedhoe, do you have any evidence of the difference? I can't find any good numbers. I can only go by memory right now, so I don't want to argue too much.

I'm not sure what the size of dose has to do with anything. Amphetamine and methamphetamine are nearly equipotent, and both cause a release of serotonin and dopamine at any dose.

Methamphetamine is metabolized to amphetamine. The conversion process is the major reason for methamphetamine's longer halflife. It is a prodrug. Heroin is also active on its own, and has a slightly different pharmacology than morphine, but they're pretty close.

Amphetamine & Seretonin ?

My understanding, prior to reading this old thread, was that amphetamine (specifically adderall in my case) was mainly effective through dopamine and had only a minor if at all effect on seretonin. My main reason for this post is that during recovery after an addy binge most everyone postload is involving mainly tyrosine food and rest. Why no 5-htp and the such if it effects serotonin levels? And also I've read that while serotonin takes alot longer for the body to replenish, DA, by contrast replenishes very rapidly naturally, since the body has alot of need for dopamine releases on command due to things like the fight or flight response and such. I don't wanna start a new thread and hoping I can find some answers bumping this. Thanks!

I didn't grab an A in 400 level college English with colloquial gibberish now did I~! Hehe, I astound myself at the level of ego petting that I must deliver on a daily basis! :!

"ego petting that I must deliver on a daily basis! "

You talk from my heart,man. :|