• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Difference between "old school" meth (p2p) base and newer methods...

I'm just familiar with the current meth out on the streets, and I'm on the West Coast. Evidently it all comes up from Mexico in these parts......and it has -no legs.- You can smoke it all day, whatever....and that's the point, you keep smoking it. I suppose this is great for the dealers....keeps demand up....why would anybody want to sell a drug you only need 3-4 lines of for the entire weekend??? No money in that.

I live with two ex-meth cooks and they call the old school crank "prope dope." But I guess you could get just as good a product from the Red Phosphorus method, but the cook needs to be skilled. Both these variants of meth are long gone in these parts...............I guess what is available now is methamphetamine, per se......but again....it has -no legs- and -minimal euphoria-. It basically just keeps you awake (as long as you keep dosing) and keeps the sex drive revved up.

^maybe this guy's self medicating his sinus congestion. You know, there are a lot of those old school speed freaks who swear up and down the older racemic methamp was SO much better. I always just assumed it was cause they'd all burnt out their dopamine receptors by now and couldn't really get a good objective comparison. Similar to how most old skool ravers think mdma was so much better back in the day (eh, I'm one of them but just jaded as fuck) when in reality their serotonergic system just isn't as fresh as it was then. Who knows, maybe levo-meth has some crazy synergy with dextro-meth and the resulting effect is more than the sum of the parts. Idk, try some Vicks with your Mexican shards kids and report back.

Also, I remember reading how only 50/50 racemic mdma produces the "magic" effect in one of shulgin's writings. Not super relevant, just interesting. I think drug interactions are neat.

Tried racemic methamphetamine (product appeared not that clean/pure, though) on one occasion. It was actually nice, but not as good as great its enantiopure “counterpart“.

I guess what is available now is d-methamphetamine, per se......but again....it has -no legs- and -minimal euphoria-. It basically just keeps you awake (as long as you keep dosing) and keeps the sex drive revved up.

Usually people like more the d- stuff, but it is also a matter of personal taste.
You can call the effect of the racemic both " worst, too jittery" or " better, stronger"

Last edited:
^maybe this guy's self medicating his sinus congestion. Idk, try some Vicks with your Mexican shards kids and report back.

Not sure how to take your jibe..........are you saying I'm getting bunk shit............or that I'm expecting too much from my shit.........or that my shit is doing everything it's supposed to.............or something else ?????? Thanks for the clarity.

^^ I think when it comes to stimulants, no body should be on the shit, It cause psychosis in a matter of minutes. Extreme anxiety and OCD and hyperlocomotion to go along with your psychosis as a cherry on top ;)

Haha, no. I'm just saying that l-methamphetamine by itself is only really effective as a decongestant. That's why it's otc. Very little positive cns effect. That's why it's hard to believe that the average p2p (racemic) speed is preferable to the pure d-meth stereoisomer available today. Just a bit of levity brother. I don't really fuck with amps but I find the culture surrounding them interesting.

Wouldn't it be an easy thing to test out if you have access to crystal meth, Vick inhalers and some basic chemistry a/B knowledge.

Just mix an equal dose of l-meth in with the d-meth (found in the crystal MA) and see if you like it more than pure dextro MA.

I would love to have access to small doses of MA. Here in Ireland it is not a drug found on the streets. I can get Dmt easier and I'm not really involved in the psychedelic scene.

/^^^ impossible! only increase negative peripheral side-effects.

METH is a horrid drug, just imagine you have no inhibitory GABA neuronal action in your body and you have imagined meth. A hell of anxiety, paranoia, OCD, psychosis, and dysphoria - that's meth. Nothing warm or fuzzy or relaxing about it.

with barely any experience I am inclined to agree about the dextro pure being better than the racemate. However personal tastes and all that.

i do not like the idea of my GABA system gone haywire. I did not enjoy mdpv but I do enjoy amphetamine. I think I would enjoy quality dMamp.

Not sure how to take your jibe..........are you saying I'm getting bunk shit............or that I'm expecting too much from my shit.........or that my shit is doing everything it's supposed to.............or something else ?????? Thanks for the clarity.
I'd spent years on the east coast with a polydrug habit and daily use of crystal meth, shake n bake crank, cocaine/crack, and bath salt. (Even the ice, snow, salt together...called it mixed precipitation...wicked stuff). I also spent over a year in Mexico, and had some originating in CA too once living on the east coast. I won't do that again. Whatever is coming up in the southwest out of Mexico is something else. I had different sources. It always "tasted" a bit off regardless and some were all side effects and no rush/minimal high. Also I never experienced paranoia until then. Epic level paranoia. Some even had nasty stomach ache as a result. Also did not drop dirty on several tests. My hunch was always it was minimal true product, shitty manufacturing, poor quality ingredients, and predominantly cathiones. There were more similarities to the salts I did. Sorry to relay the bad news!

/

METH is a horrid drug, just imagine you have no inhibitory GABA neuronal action in your body and you have imagined meth. A hell of anxiety, paranoia, OCD, psychosis, and dysphoria - that's meth. Nothing warm or fuzzy or relaxing about it.

I couldn't help but chime in..................."The hell of anxiety, paranoia, OCD, psychosis and dysphoria" .....well, we can all describe the extreme edges of any drug and it sounds like hell. This sorta hell you speak of can happen I suppose if you've been awake non-stop for 4 days or more...pushing the pedal to the metal. And not giving a flying a F---. Sure, shit happens. But it's not an inevitability. Myself and most meth users I know don't feel the need to push it to these extremes. Know your limits. Know your body.

"meth...nothing warm, fuzzy, or relaxing about it." LOL NO it's not an opiate or a benzo.....that's for damn sure! People don't normally take stimulants to get warm, fuzzy, or relaxed. I do give you that one !!!! That's classic. Sheesh.

/^^^ impossible! only increase negative peripheral side-effects.

This is nonsense.
_Abusing_ Meth over an extended time will cause symptoms similiar to the ones you described.
Of all the commonly available stimulants methampetamine is certainly one of the (subjectively) most euphoric and also smoothest feeling.
If you like amphetamine, it's almost certain that you would love Meth.

Again, abusing the shit out of MA will produce (negative) symptoms, pretty much resembling those of amphetamine abuse- just considerably more severe. ;) obviously because it does basically the same thing amphetamine does, only much stronger.- to put it simply

I'd spent years on the east coast with a polydrug habit and daily use of crystal meth, shake n bake crank, cocaine/crack, and bath salt. (Even the ice, snow, salt together...called it mixed precipitation...wicked stuff). I also spent over a year in Mexico, and had some originating in CA too once living on the east coast. I won't do that again. Whatever is coming up in the southwest out of Mexico is something else. I had different sources. It always "tasted" a bit off regardless and some were all side effects and no rush/minimal high. Also I never experienced paranoia until then. Epic level paranoia. Some even had nasty stomach ache as a result. Also did not drop dirty on several tests. My hunch was always it was minimal true product, shitty manufacturing, poor quality ingredients, and predominantly cathiones. There were more similarities to the salts I did. Sorry to relay the bad news!

Thanks for the report, but I don't think what I'm getting here on the West Coast has anything to do with cathinones. I had my day in the sun with bath salts and mephedrone, etc and know a cath when I see one. Also no paranoia for me...........but I do get tremendous acid reflux, even when smoking it, which I always thought odd. But everything else you report could more or less be on point. I need to try crystal from different parts of the country I suppose to make my final determination. Oh boy, a science project! ;P

I need to try crystal from different parts of the country I suppose to make my final determination. Oh boy, a science project! ;P
"Ding! Ding! Ding! Tell 'em what he's won Bob!" Haha you got that right! I never got acid reflux that I can recall. Perhaps it is different cut then.

I joined this site to reply to this post. I used crystal meth in the 80s. I call the high "Pissing on Jesus" because it would feel like a vertical afterburner. The high would overtake my personality and cause impulsive acquisitive ideation. Wh. is a shrink's way of saying I wanted to buy everything. I had that sensation of invincibility for 18 hours or so {I put it in mineral water, never snorted or injected or smoked it}. I now smoke and snort the stuff called "T". I do not get that rush of a high, it just keeps me going at the same pace. On the odd occasion that I snort it too close together, I do experience a pleasant rush. But nothing like what it was like 30-odd years ago: being pulled out of reality and 18 hours later a bumpy landing resulting in diminishing returns followed by four to five days of miserable withdrawal.

Last edited by a moderator:
I never had the chance to try 'Desoxyn' -It's not available in europe-, but I do use purified chrystal methampetamine (meaning d-MA) on the odd occasion.

I have only very limited access to MA in this part of the country (probably for the better ;) )
Just 1 or 2 times during the year a good friend of mine comes to visit me and -you guessed it- brings a small amount of high quality crystal MA as a “present“.

In low doses it is a tremendously good stimulant with a long duration and also significantly less sideeffects than either racemic amphetamine, or dexamphetamine.

Since it's such a 'rare thing' for me, I use it only once in a while and with the intention to use it for its cognitive enhancing properties and as an alternative ADD medication.
I won't lie: It feels damn good! =D
Eventhough I am able to keep to my schedule now (which is: don't use more than 4 times a month, keep to one single dose of 25mg maximum and a couple of other things), I couldn't resist a few times in the beginning and abused the shit out of the 1gram I had.
Snorting it, vaping it and finally slamming the shit. And yes, 'normal' amphetamine (be it dex-, or d,l-) does not really come close to the euphoric high of d-meth.

But to get on topic again:

Tried racemic methamphetamine (product appeared not that clean/pure, though) on one occasion. It was actually nice, but not as good as great its enantiopure “counterpart“.

@'sunsetsuperman'
The reason your subjective experience may be like that, is probably because of things like selective perception, “in the old days everything was better“ and let's not forget tolerance and even neurotoxicity.

To sum it up: dextromethamphetamine (“Crystal Meth“) should be usually superior to racemic Meth.

Thanks for replying, how would you or anyone else here who has ever used meth compare it to low doses of Dexedrine or Adderall? Or is even the most stepped on crank/amphetamine sulphate a lot more strong than even moderate/large doses of Dexedrine and Adderall are? I have heard that high quality meth or ice is extremely potent and even in low doses it's a lot more strong than even high doses of Dexedrine or Adderall.

I will keep thread open for now to see how it works out.

Last edited:
This is turning out to be an interesting thread.

Last edited:
Can the racemate crystalize into nice crystals?...I would imagine so. That makes it harder for everyone to discern whether they've had pure d meth

In terms of raw power, yes, however its extremely difficult if not impossible to control the dosing. With dexedrine you have a pharmaceutically prepared, uncontaminated, pre-dose tablets meant for oral ingestion. At lower doses theyre equipotent but higher doses, say, 100mg dexedrine vs 100mg meth, the meth will be much stronger, but that means more addictive, etc. Its extremely difficult to measure the doses. 10mg of crystal meth could look anywhere from half a grain of rice to even smaller. Not to mention that its possible even in the same bag of meth, that half grain size to be anywhere from completely inactive, stimulating, or stimulating for 10+hrs. So then what happens is one might end up redosing more, and end up in a more potent area of a bag, stay up for a night or 2 and that negates any benefit it may have had as by then neurotoxicity has set in. It makes u euphoric even if u have adhd btw, unless a specific dosage is taken tailored after your symptoms and weight/metabolism btw.