• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Did you start with weed?

I started with 1mg xanax footballs and soma. my parents would give em to me to sleep and i figured out if you didnt sleep you got high. however i started smoking weed around the same time. i didnt know these were xanax and soma. however those and lortab that my mom also had were my first encounters.. at 13 i was taking tons of extra lortab for a broken ankle i had surgery on. a doctor friend wrote an extra rx. and my mom had lortab. so i had plenty plenty plenty extra for my minor surgery. i remember just burning dvds and doing nothing for 6 weeks. sit on the couch and watch movies in a dead stare of euphoria

Alcohol
Cigarettes
Tried weed - hated it - I'll only smoke it with benzo's now, and even that's seldom.
MDMA
Mephedrone
Then I abused the hell out of various stimulants for a while, eventually a situation change gave me a clean break.

I tried ketamine, and didn't really like it, then methoxetamine was my gateway into the psychedelic world. I love ketamine now, but only to hole.

alcohol > nicotine > weed
it's undeniable that the legal status has a role on alcohol being the first drug for most of people

Yeah alcohol does seem to be the predominant gateway :p

I wonder though, the reasoning behind it may vary a lot.

My parents for example, from about the age of 6 onwards, always allowed me to have a small glass of beer, shandy or wine with my dinner if I wanted. When I was first offered I of course accepted, but soon learned I didn't like the taste. They still always offered me a drink with my meal, but I became accustomed to saying 'no' and opting for water or squash.

When I was a little older I started drinking small amounts at home, by the time I was 14 and my friends were getting smashed, I had a pretty good rein on my drinking habits. Once or twice I was excessive, but never to the extent of some of my friends.

My parents always told me the reasoning behind this was that they believed prohibiting something particularly for young people makes it more appealing, and they firmly believed I was my own person developing my own understanding of my body and thus capable of making my own decisions. They told me that in parts of europe alcohol isn't demonised so much for children, and that they have a much smaller binge drinking culture.

Although like Tharcila points out, If alcohol had been prohibited, none of the above would of been possible and I'd probably be a reckless alcoholic by now.

LSD was my first drug experience then came marijuana, then nicotine, alcohol, shrooms, cocaine, 2C's, crack, dmt, crystal meth, mdma, various benzos, various opiates, and I'm sure I forgot something

Whipped cream in a can was my gateway drug.
By the time i hit D.A.R.E in school i wanted to be "straight edge" no drugs, booze, cigs - nothing
Live my life like that, but after some thought and a friend waving a freshly rolled joint in her hand.
I came to the realization that i have been a drug addict ever since accidentally inhaling that first puff
of N2O while enjoying a snack..

So i said fuck it and accepted my fate.

first had alcohol, then had mushrooms, then 5 days later LSD, then a month or two later MDMA, then weed. Or maybe the MDMA was after weed? I can't remember, but I tried them within a week of another.

I was 15 when I got high on weed for the first time. It was my first real drug (besides alcohol) and I instantly loved it.
The first time I altered my consciousness and I just loved it. It was something whole new in my life. Something I had never have before.

This experience made me want to toke up more and then I experimented a bit with DXM and then the holy LSD found me.

First drug I consciously decided to take was indeed marijuana. I was 13 years old and at a Phish show in 1998.. Ramble On opener.

alcohol, cigarettes, weed... from there on came the stimulants, opioids and psychedelics. Today I mainly use alcohol, cigarettes and coke. Although I was a weed addict for most of my teen years. I finally gave it up, but sadly I think that some damage is permanent when you're almost a daily weed smoker from the age of 13.

To me, it was always a matter of availability. I wanted to try damn near everything at a very young age. This goes to show just how available weed is to children, and that itself is a sign that having the government control the sale rather than gangs is probably the smartest thing to do. I know I tried alcohol and cigarettes before weed, but in my country at that time, you only had to be 16 to buy those, and I knew 16 year old people. If you made a rule saying you could buy weed from the pharmacy or something when you're say 20, I think a lot of people would wait before trying. Even waiting till you're 16 is waay way better than smoking it at 13 or 14 IMO

Yes, but not enough mids to get truly high. Just slightly giggly/mood-uplift.

I think MPH (Ritalin IR 10mg x 2 oral) was my first experience with narcotics. I enjoyed and wrote music all night.

Nowadays, I'd probably need 50mg MPH (would probably used IV and insuff ROA's, as well as oral), clonazepam to keep things smooth and to devour when I wanna comedown + cannabis. Ehh nevermind, I'd want dexedrine IR or high-dose lisdexamfetamine.

I started with weed, fucked with DXM a few times in high school, then alcohol, then mushrooms. Had an incident with a fire and lots of booze, and then began my brief run with opiate pain pills, but I stopped those pretty quickly. I did LSD a while after that, and then started playing around with MDMA. I still mostly smoke weed, but I trip maybe once a month or so.

ROBOTRIPPIN! dxm was the first drug i did. opened up a whole new world for me.

unless you consider nitrous oxide at the dentist. had some intensly spiritual experiences while having my faced drilled.