• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Did you get teased at school?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was always picked on for wearing glasses and being the wiseass too-smart kid. Once I joined the wrestling team, I only got picked on twice, and strangely after the football players who teased me found themselves launched across the hallway, all teasing ceased. My circle of friends were the music geeks, math and chess club nerds, drama club members, and they didn't get teased after I joined up, either.

haste said:
trippinspirals - you def' ain't a stick!

thanks for the help w/ the link foxy kel

and thanks haste, I'm telling myself that everyday, trying to get it in completely (I'm getting better)

Originally posted by haste:
Knowing someone and/or being in the right group also makes a difference in school - I've always wondered if my ethnicity would have been such an issue if I was good friends with one or two of the "cool" kids?

It's true. My childhood best friend was always a whole lot cooler than me - she's tall, slim, blonde, leggy and was always the cool rebellious type - but we didn't go to school together. When she came to my school in Year 8, she was instantly popular and yeah, I got teased a lot less after that.

Ironically, she's struggling at the moment because she treated a lot of her friends badly and now they don't want to know her, but I still keep in touch with a lot of them. Some people are just too cool for their own good.

Yeah I Was a bit like that until year 8, changed school and got in with the group, in hindsight maybe wasnt the best thing as it made me start to take drugs, now im basically an addicted pot smoker, not that i mind, but I doubt I would have ventured down some of the paths had I not been in the "in" crowd.. and yes, Im guilty of giving shit to people to make myself feel better from yr 9-12 coz it was what the popular people did back to me at my old school (i didnt really get picked on, I later on realised that everyone kinda did in a way) and i thought it was kinda funny at the time but it's kinda cruel, I got into heaps of fights etc, I was a fair smartass, always getting into trouble at school...before about year 8 i was a b+ - a student constantly and this dropped to B-D's by then with the odd A in subjectsI was interested in. I turned most of this around by year 12 realising yuo can't stuff around forever...

so I wasnt picked on heaps, but enough to make me uncomfortable, I realised the best way to combat this is not let them get any satisfaction out of it and show no hurt from it even if you do feel that way, they will eventually leave you alone

Yeah I think everyone got teased in school no matter who they were

I was well liked and I still got teased by certain people... I was constantly told to go hug a tree (doesn't sound bad to me), cut my hair (no fucking way) and to take a shower (which I do). I pretended it didn't bother me and I just realized it did in therapy. I look back at it as those kids loss, if they didn't want to get to know me they were just close minded.

I remember when I was in year 9 there was a guy who came to our school and was teased for having long hair - and its got me fucked to this day why people thought long hair was funny??? Simple things amuse simple minds I guess?

I still remember a guy from school very clearly in my mind, but I can't for the life of me remember his name.

The had the bluest of blue eyes, and the whitest-blonde shoulder-length hair I've ever seen... he was in my math class, and each lesson he would walk in and he would sit one seat in front of me to my right.

The students teased him something fierce, and he never spoke. Not a word. When the teacher called the roll, he would simply raise his hand. The teacher never asked him questions, because he simply refused to respond, sort of writing the answer on paper and holding it up.

I always watched him with great interest... I wanted to know what was going on inside his mind... most kids who got picked on showed some sort of emotion, hurt, anger, something... he was blank, empty and cold from the first time I saw him until the last, and I always wondered how he would have reacted had someone of shown him warmth... of course, I was too scared to be that someone, to afraid to stand out from the crowd, you know how kids are :\

He killed himself over the easter long weekend, aged 15.

He has always stuck in my mind, and ever since that day, I've always been a friend to the 'outsiders'.

^^ We should form a club ;)

*hugs and smootches everyone* Living well is the best revenge, as they say. Here's to living well :)

i could never be a school teacher. if i ever caught a student making another student's life difficult, i don't know what i'd do. whatever it would be, i'm sure i'd end up sued or in jail. no physical violence, but that kid would see me angrier than i've ever been.

i reckon most ppl got teased. its even worse when u change schools like a nappy on a new born. 9 all up. 3 - 4 fights aday guaranteed. i used to be a very angry boy who didnt take any sort of crap...now days i just get high and dance all night and laugh at the dicks who try and stir me up. or i try to...

thats all in the past, im conceentrating on the present. shit i better hit the sack! ciao:|

wouldn't say teased.

I'd say joining in. School nowadays is starting to be "drugs are cool" attitude. Its illegal and dangerous etc etc etc

i think there are a lot of people who don't want to be cool, they just don't want to be uncool.

PottedMeat said:
I feel you brother.

FYI, I am a sister. I think you follow me around PM lately, everywhere I post your there, lol. j/k but not really.

Someone said if they where a teacher they would stick up for the kids that get picked on, in a perfect world ALL would. I always wondered what was wrong with the teachers to let this go on. Most of the teachers I had seemed to want the "cool" kids to like them! I just would sit and watch the cool kids go up and parade around the teacher acting all sweet asking dumb questions and the teacher <s> would eat it up. In reality the kids were making fun of the teacher. I would ask something I really needed help with and be ignored.

I just didn't get it? Never will I guess. I mean these teachers I had where all over 50, why do they give 2 fucks on what these supposivly cool kids of that grade think of them? I mean they are just as bad as the kids somewhat.

I had a history teacher whos main goal was to make the un-cool kids cry. I was one of them. This jerk off was also my homeroom teacher, so like I said in a earlier post in this sub. I was in a bad accident, and no one would help me carry my books. He would say to the class will anyone help Erin. no one would say a word. So thats bad enuff, I was already practicly crying and he had to make it worse by going person to person asking them and me having to hear each say no. I mean shit, I obviously was not feeling great as it was and this dick had to humilitate me further. I will never be able to get over it. He could have done it, you know what I mean or made someone. I ended up trying to do it all by myself until someone felt bad and jumped up to help. He also would pick you out in class after asking a question and make you stand until you had the correct answer. He did this to me everyday. Even on crutchs!

That was jr. high thou, like I said high school was pretty ok. I had one person who hated me for no reason other that I looked like his younger sister. He would physicaly do things to me and sit and say the meanist things getting right in my face, telling me he wanted to kill me. I was a freshman he was a jr. It also sucked because we hung with the same group of people, and anywhere out of school I went he would be there. I'd try to ignore him but he wouldnt give up. I ended up dropping out because of him. Just to end up maybe a yr later still hangin with the same crowd & him all of a sudden talking to me and being nice! I just was floored! I guess my best freind had a talk with him and asked him why he did this to me and questioned his reasonings and he relized he was wrong, go figure. Some people can change. It just sucks that I dropped out of school because of him. I couldnt excape him, and he knew way to much about me and would use it.

My crowd in high school was rather odd. You had me and my girls who thought we were black and dressed that way 2, then another part who where the head bangers who where the nicest people ever but dressed all in black and looked like they never washed. then the jocks and football players <the one my dickhead was is> clean cut. He was the top football player in the school. I mean we partyed every weekend and it looked really funny. I mean take me I would wear the baggyest pants, big guys shirts, big ass hoop earrings and my hair up to there in a scrunchie, walking down the steet with a girl with tight jeans on, and black leather coat looking like she just came from a metalica concert, then a guy with a town football jacket on? lol, I never see that now adays.

Sorry this is so long, its just writing it make me fell a little better about, even if no one reads what I post, lol.

djwhirlpool said:
i think there are a lot of people who don't want to be cool, they just don't want to be uncool.

Exactly, I never wanted to be part of the cool group. I just wanted to be liked w/o having to be a kiss ass. I would just sit and listen to the "cool" people talk and roll my eyes at what they were saying. They were retarded. I honestly did not want to be friends with them, I just didn't want to be treated so bad by people who didn't actully know me.

Status
Not open for further replies.