• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Did you get teased at school?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was homeschooled from Kindergarten to Gradutation so probably didn't have to experience as much teasing as I would have in public school. But I still had plenty of experiences around other kids and plenty of times to get teased. I never fit in, my MOm bought me clothes from consignment stores so I never felt like I had "cool" clothes. Until I was about 10 years old I was big for my age. At least a head taller than everyone else my age and a little on the chunky side.

I went on a diet when I was 13 with the idea of lossing a few pounds but ended up loosing more like 30 lbs, putting me really underweight. At this point I was trying so hard to fit in. I was trying to dress like everybody else, trying to make my frizzy hair look nice, trying to be "cool" and "popular". I failed miserably. People would tease me for being too skinny and would tease me about my hair.

Then when I was 15 I started hanging out with some people who encouraged the idea of just being yourself. By now I had sorta started dressing like a hippie without ever planning too. I liked the idea of not having to try to fit in and just dressing however I wanted to, so for the next coupleyears or so I basically came to be known as the "hippie girl" cause of my bellbottom pants, 70's shirts, and the fact that practically all I listened to was the Beatles and Rolling Stones. I didn't really get teased at that point, but I remember I sure didn't fit in. I hardly would hang out with anyone. I would just play my guitar and stay home most of the time.

And then somehow I went from the Beatles and hippie clothes to Marilyn Manson and a gothic look. That's how I've been for the last couple years. And now, I'm not in school, but I deffinately get teased. I get harrassed and picked on all the time. I don't get it. Why can't people just accept other people even if they're not the NORM. Why do they always have to find someone to tease?

I also got teased a bit in school b/c I was awkward when I was 12 & 13, I was also a tomboy & wore boy clothes from 8th to the beginnnig of 10th grade (huge jnco pants & t-shirts). I always got picked on b/c I had a hight forhead & a 'big' nose. I wore my hair up in a ponytail every day & some years I had bangs, some I didn't... but when I did they were weird b/c of my hair line, one side would always be thicker than the other. Of course, then I got pregnant 1/2 way thru Sr. year, so everyone started to be nice to me when they found out which wasn't till right before the prom & last day of school b/c I am a small girl (5 feet tall & 104 lbs) & didn't show till I was 6 months. I think I hated that more b/c I don't like when people are so fake! I always wanted to be like, "You made fun of me for the past 5 1/2 years & now you are gonna be nice to me b/c you feel bad that I am pregnant?? Get lost!" Ya know?

I've lived in the same town my whole life (21 years so far) & it's a 'rich' town, most people have a lot of money & big houses... those that don't are the ones that are 'not cool' b/c their parents can't afford the nice brand name clothes for them & they don't get a car for their 16th birthday. I hated it so much. But, I am glad that I went thru it b/c it taught me to be strong in some ways. Now, I could care less what people think of me. If you don't like me or something about me, then don't hang around me. It's not fair to judge people by what they look like, you really have to get to know people before you decide if you really like them or not... at least that's the way I see it!

I am just glad that I don't look like that anymore - I looked like such a DORK, haha! Now, I like to wear my hair long & straight & down most of the time - & never will do the bangs thing, just dones't work for me & I have accepted that! Also, my nose doesn't seem as big as it did before, I think the rest of my face (since I have matured over the few years) has kinda caught up with it, so it's more in proportion now! But, even if I still did look like a dork, that would be me & I would have to accept that. Everyone should love themselves for who they are & not worry so much about what is wrong with them b/c no one is perfect!!

i was definitely teased in middle school... high school not so much. but i was one of those 'too smart' people, too... the other kids didn't like that.

and during sex ed (who could ever forget those enlightening sex ed classes?), they called me andrew fallopian tubes because my last name rhymes with fallopian. they didn't even know what fallopian tubes were, but because it was one of those bold words in the text book, it had to be funny 8(

.....that bothered me a lot more then, but now it's a pretty funny story

if anyone i went to middle or high school with bumped into me now, they would hardly recognize me.

I always get teased just cos I'm gothic I guess. And there are like 7 gothic people in my whole town.

yuh, i got picked on for having a "big nose". i used to be so paranoid about it, but now i dont care...cos its not that big.

its funny cos when i look back to when i was in primary school, i was so frikkin innocent. and i was such a late bloomer too. i didnt really discover boys till i was 14, and even then i wasnt so big on getting a boyfriend.
i think i've always been a little naive. its not that i dont see the real world, its just never affected me.

and now that i have a boyfriend who i know loves me, i'm still a little scared of getting rejected. cos i try and face my fears and it always comes down to being alone and my mistrust towards strangers. its all those years being the black sheep...even when i lived in romania i wasnt that popular cos i'm hungarian. how do u fight 18 years of being an outcast?

but i guess i'm doing ok and people do like me but it still feels like they'll never understand me. i get so paranoid about the way people see me...and its not that i change myself to suit them...thats one thing i never did.....

i dunno....i just never ever fit in cos i've always been so different from everyone else. thats why i love bluelighters, cos we're all so different. and now i know where i belong.

in primary school i used to get teased cos i couldn't speak english properly...when i was 9 my family moved to australia and i probably knew like 5 english words when i started school... let's face it it made me a very easy target... that was 10 years ago n even today i'll get the occasional sneer because of my VERY VERY slight accent...

in high school i would get teased for hangin around guys...at my school who could blame me when all the girls did was bitch and back stab any wonder i preferred hangin around guys who accepted me for who i was??? of course havin heaps of guy friends got me few nice little tags i was called a slut, a bitch, or i'd start being called a guy... it sucked i tells ya.

one thing i learned through any teasing i got was to overlook some of the bullshit that goes on. i made few very close and good mates that i would give my life for (pretty big statement ey?). i learned to hide my feelings pretty well... i suffered from depression for a few years but no one knew... everyone always thought i was the happy positive one, that nothing was ever wrong. if i got teased i wouldnt let them see that it hurt...instead i'd cry myself to sleep.

i finished school last year now i'm at uni and if there's one thing i realise is that i can relate to the real world alot more then the people that teased me do. those few years of torment have made me stronger in the end. you just gotta learn that what people see u as isnt always a good indicator of who you really are...

all i can say is that teasing and the like are just so damn immature and can do so much damage

When I lived with me mother, I was teased a lot... mostly because I was the "dirty" kid... my hair/teeth were never brushed and my clothes were usually dirty. I actually preferred school home so I don't remember it being *too* bad. Most kids just ignored me and I was used to that.

When I went to live with my father, he home schooled me... and taught me how to fight. I guess somehow he knew knowing how to box would come in handy in a few years.

When he passed away I landed in foster homes, group homes, and homeless shelters for teens... here I fought, at times on a daily basis... It fuckin never let up... especially in the shelter. Every morning I woke up with the sinking feeling in my chest that someone... was going to try to fuck me up. It was a horrible feeling and I learned to go numb instead of crying all the time... but after a few months something happened. I became more the aggressor as I came closer and closer to a psychotic state.

In the end it broke me... just before my 15th birthday I had a nervous breakdown and needed to be hospitalized for 2 years. I don't think I'm stronger because of it... I think I'm quite fucked up actually.

when i was younger i got teased alot! especially about being asian...plus i was so self-conscious and really depressed in high school...i mean i appeared to be fine, but yeah i got teased alot...

what hurts more than getting teased by peers, is getting teased by your family...

^ Yup, I totally agree. *nods*

Try having your stepfather put up signs on your bedroom cupboards saying THINK , and notes on food in the kitchen saying "Do you really need to eat that"? Being called a "glutton" for wanting to have a bowl of cereal after school.... people close to you should know better. :X

^^so agree with that

you guys wana know something really annoyin...last year i weighed 54kg considering i'm around 165cm tall i can gladly say i was pretty healthy n skinny...at the start of the year i got really depressed hated life hated myself and i just lost my appetite...

first few months my weight remained the same but around april there was a drastic change...i went from 54kg to 46kg in a matter of few short weeks...it got to the point that my ring were (and still are) falling of my fingers, u could see my ribs and my hips...i would look in the mirror n just turn away i hate bein thin it's made me sick...

what makes all this so bad??? none of my family new about my depression though they added to it greatly...last year family friends would say i have puppy fat...i never thought i looked bad...i started losin weight and one of them had the guts to say "oh you lost weight you look so good now...YOU LOOK NORMAL!!!" when i heard that i just had rage inside :X

then i totally lost weight and now every one is noticing it they keep sayin stuff like "oh your so skinny why dont you eat something" they blame me for losing weight...n it makes me cry...i'm 19 and i get teased by my own family and family friends at first i was "bit chuby" and i should "exercise more" and now i'm "too skinny" and "look like a stick" and should eat more...

what makes this so bad is that though my depression is basically over thanks to the support of a few of my good mates and an amazing boyfriend the physical effect of it remain...i stopped losin weight but i cant seem to put it back on again...and day in and day out i am tormented by people in my family of all the pain i had gone through at the start of the year...they dont seem to understand the fact that I KNOW something is wrong but it sure as hell wont get fixed in a day or two...

it's gotten to the stage that when i have relatives comin around i avoid them as much as possible and even better i try to get away from my house...i'm sick of hearing "oh my god look at you, your pants look like they gona fall off" or "you should go and eat cos you can see all your bones" or the one that tops them all off "wow you lost weight...so what's your secret???" in answer to that i just feel like sayin "9months of depression, anxiety and suicidal thoughts" but i keep it inside...and still cry at night

at least mum stopped nagging me but only after i broke down crying infront of her and just told her off...

these days i can finally look in the mirror and be somewhat happy with what i am...my bf has given me confidence in myself and for once i dont feel like he says stuff just to get what he wants...i dont feel used...

hmmm enough of me blabbin on...
teasing peple is just pathetic...i often think people make fun of the stuff they fear within themselves or to take the focus off their own flaws...
:(

Strawberry_lovemuffin said:
^ Yup, I totally agree. *nods*

Try having your stepfather put up signs on your bedroom cupboards saying THINK , and notes on food in the kitchen saying "Do you really need to eat that"? Being called a "glutton" for wanting to have a bowl of cereal after school.... people close to you should know better. :X

my mom used to call me miss piggy, and my dad used to tell me i look like i should be walking the streets...

i have a lot more stories where those came from too, so yeah, i feel ya.

Since we are all venting..

I got the privelege of "coming into the game" depressed as it was, after seeing my mother OD and neglect me for a few years..

Anyway, I always felt shallow.. Like I sorta fit in everywhere, but couldnt associate with anyone deeply.. Hence I was always comic relief, but few peoples real friend.. Depression snowballs and being a loner turns into isolationism.. Sure you laugh on the outside but.... I know its cliched but everyone I talked to, I never felt that they understood me... that stemmed into a feeling that no one would ever understand me, and that i was a generally fun guy, but not someone to be taken seriously or loved..

Then the drugs came in and sorta gave me a comfortable place to go at night when i was sick of it all.. UNfortunately, the problems are always there when you wake up, and its just one more day wasted.

So now here we are, one NA and one shrink later, with countless hours spent with "what ifs" and "whys"

teased? no, just ignored, which continues on to this very day :\

the source of my insecurities, or at least a large factor. try as i may, i just cant get over it by myself, as being alone all my life is a large part of the cause.

I'm out of school and still get teased. Get teased cause I'm so pale, get teased cause I'm small, get teased cause of my eyemake-up, get teased because I dress in black and wear a trench coat, get made fun of cause I self-mutilate. It's just part of life. I'm used to it and usually don't let it bother me. I figured out a long long time ago I was never gonna "fit in" with the "cool" and "popular" kids.

I got teased all the way through primary school. I can vividly remember on the very first day of school, there were all these other kids that knew each other from kindergarten or something sitting on a bench and they started paying me out cause I didn't know them.

I remember I got payed out for the crappy shoes I used to wear. Then I got some lynx Shaq's. Does anyone remember those? they were black and blue and looked really really cool.

I was mostly just called a gaybo etc. The whole gay thing continued through high school. I really didn't understand it. I never acted gay, if there is such a thing ( i suppose I mean feminine, like some gay guys act). It also came from people who blatantly knew that I had a girlfriend. The only reason I can think of such a thing happening is that they were attracted to me and scared by it. In fact I found out that one of the guys that used to call me gay went and started up a hairdressing salon down in sydney or something and is extremely out of the closet gay. I would say suck shit to him if being gay was a bad thing, but I guess I say it because he turned out to be the thing he hated.

During primary school though, it happened so much that I began to question my sexuality because of it.

silverfucked said:
Since we are all venting..

I got the privelege of "coming into the game" depressed as it was, after seeing my mother OD and neglect me for a few years..

Anyway, I always felt shallow.. Like I sorta fit in everywhere, but couldnt associate with anyone deeply.. Hence I was always comic relief, but few peoples real friend.. Depression snowballs and being a loner turns into isolationism.. Sure you laugh on the outside but.... I know its cliched but everyone I talked to, I never felt that they understood me... that stemmed into a feeling that no one would ever understand me, and that i was a generally fun guy, but not someone to be taken seriously or loved..

Then the drugs came in and sorta gave me a comfortable place to go at night when i was sick of it all.. UNfortunately, the problems are always there when you wake up, and its just one more day wasted.

So now here we are, one NA and one shrink later, with countless hours spent with "what ifs" and "whys"

i total relate to all of this...except the mother oding part...

but yeah...i've been through alot, and while i don't feel comfortable spilling it all out on a public message board, nor playing the woe is me role ( i only say that i suppose, cuz i used to do it)...so i won't really go into detail...but believe me--i've been throught it ALL.

I was teased in primary school cause i was and still am fat and i was the first one in year 6 to get breasts. I also went to an all girls catholic school and I was the only "wog" in the school. Kids can be so mean and cruel. But it all kinda smoothed out in high school and everyone picked on another girl cause she was smart.

Im lucky i had supportive parents im really sorry for you guys.

^^ I can relate to that, I was in a C cup by my first year of highschool. Fun stuff, not.

Status
Not open for further replies.