• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Did sin enter the world through Adam, Satan or Yahweh?

Gnostic Christians do not hold any supernatural belifs.

Yahweh, to me, is a Jewish god and he was seen as an androgynous god by the ancient Jews. Christianity has tried to take all the famine out or Christianity so as to bolster the misogynous and homophobic ways.

There is some evidence of that in the Bible but Christians ignore it in favor of their rib woman idiocy.

Regards
DL

I didn’t know this about the Israelites, interesting. I guess it must have been a necessary step in the hundreds of years it took to indoctrinate those who held beliefs in multiple Gods into thinking a single man was capable.

I didn’t know this about the Israelites, interesting. I guess it must have been a necessary step in the hundreds of years it took to indoctrinate those who held beliefs in multiple Gods into thinking a single man was capable.
+

They just looked about and saw that we were a hierarchical species with the fittest as leader. As above so below, hence the hierarchy of the angels.

Remember that Jews were more into esoteric practices and were not idol worshipers. They put man above god.

Jesus asks in the bible. Have ye forgotten that ye are gods and children of the most high?

Christians have forgotten but Gnostic Christians have not.

Regards
DL

+

They just looked about and saw that we were a hierarchical species with the fittest as leader. As above so below, hence the hierarchy of the angels.

Remember that Jews were more into esoteric practices and were not idol worshipers. They put man above god.

Jesus asks in the bible. Have ye forgotten that ye are gods and children of the most high?

Christians have forgotten but Gnostic Christians have not.

Regards
DL

I’m not very well versed on the topic of monostheistic religions, have to confess I had to google what Gnostic was when I first saw your name 😳

It’s all very interesting to me though.

I’m not very well versed on the topic of monostheistic religions, have to confess I had to google what Gnostic was when I first saw your name 😳

It’s all very interesting to me though.

It is indeed an interesting ideology. It is also a hell of a lot more moral than Christianity as well. That is why many inquisitions were sent out to decimate us.

If morals are your focus and not just idol worship like Christianity, you are already a free thinker.

I suggest meditation for you to try to find your Father Complex. If successful, you will be amazed.

Regards
DL

It is indeed an interesting ideology. It is also a hell of a lot more moral than Christianity as well. That is why many inquisitions were sent out to decimate us.

If morals are your focus and not just idol worship like Christianity, you are already a free thinker.

I suggest meditation for you to try to find your Father Complex. If successful, you will be amazed.

Regards
DL

I’ll definitely be reading further about Gnostic theology. Thanks

I’ll definitely be reading further about Gnostic theology. Thanks

Good.

Warning.

You will see a lot of garbage put up by the inquisitors to justify their inquisitions and murders.
Many also think we hold supernatural beliefs but the is false.
You will also see that we are supposed to hate matter and the world but that is also false.

We are an evolving religion and best to ask a Gnostic Christian what he believes.

A Gnostic using the Babylonian Deity, and speaking of Satan?

I am cleared confused.

I think that much is lost in the narrative because much is ignored for example Genesis chapter 6 fills in a lot of the pre-Adamic history. The planet that used to exist is now our astroid belt that was where the throne of Satan was and it was destroyed and now it protects the inner part of our solar system from space trash.
Okay I'm sorry, but I grew up Catholic, have been re-investigating Catholicism, and just spent the past bit of time reading a few chapters out of Genesis; where in the actual heck did you get this outlandish idea? Nothing in Gen Ch. 6 makes any reference whatsoever to any of that. It's just a laundry list of names and places regarding the Great Flood and Noah's descendants and preparations for the 'cleansing' of the Earth. Where in sam heck does the asteroid belt or Satan figure into that?

Gnostic Christians do not hold any supernatural belifs.

Yahweh, to me, is a Jewish god and he was seen as an androgynous god by the ancient Jews. Christianity has tried to take all the famine out or Christianity so as to bolster the misogynous and homophobic ways.

There is some evidence of that in the Bible but Christians ignore it in favor of their rib woman idiocy.

Regards
DL
I too am bothered when Christians define God as 'He', not because I'm a feminist, but because I can't respect an all-powerful/knowing being that is confined to the physical realm; by definition having a sex would humanize God and therefore degrade it.

If you read The Catechism of the Catholic Faith, it states that the Church believes in the non-gendered, all-knowing, omniscient God that is reality, and many Catholics and other Christians choose to personify him so that they themselves can pretend to be in God's likeness; the Bible makes it clear that 'In his likeness' is simply in reference to our minds. God is non-corporeal, making us in its image was simply the act of giving us freedom of thought and the ability to ask the ultimate questions.

A Gnostic using the Babylonian Deity, and speaking of Satan?

I am cleared confused.

We have always used the bible to argue both for Gnostic teachings and against Christians and their genocidal garbage god.

Given that the Jewish myth is a remake of the Sumerian and Egyptian gods, using a Babylonian analogy in not out of the question.

Your confusion stems from your lack of knowledge.

Ask questions.

Regards
DL

I too am bothered when Christians define God as 'He', not because I'm a feminist, but because I can't respect an all-powerful/knowing being that is confined to the physical realm; by definition having a sex would humanize God and therefore degrade it.

If you read The Catechism of the Catholic Faith, it states that the Church believes in the non-gendered, all-knowing, omniscient God that is reality, and many Catholics and other Christians choose to personify him so that they themselves can pretend to be in God's likeness; the Bible makes it clear that 'In his likeness' is simply in reference to our minds. God is non-corporeal, making us in its image was simply the act of giving us freedom of thought and the ability to ask the ultimate questions.

Your view is a better take than the usual, but you are way off base if you think the average supernatural thinkers sees Yahweh as androgynous. I was brought up Catholic and at no point was such a view even discussed.

Their Yahweh has a dick to impregnate Mary, after coveting her first of course. Even the angels can use our planet as a brothel, which is what promted the genocide of Noah's day.

That god sure likes to break his own commandments.

He and his sons cannot keep their dicks off of humans. We have the best females in the universe.

Regards
DL

You completely misread what I wrote.

No. I just answered my way.

You are right that god is supposed to be sexless, yet only the blind would not see how Christianity has taken all the feminine out of Christianity.

Yahweh, Jesus, the holy spook. All male of asexual.

They forget the better, older Trinity of Father, Mother and child.

If I missed a point, better to point it out than just complain.

Regards
DL

Yahweh is a close English approximation of one of the names given to the Judeo/Christian Deity.

It's impossible to type in English(Latin) script so closer are the Hebrew letters Yod Heh Val Heh which is more closely pronounced "Yah-he-w-he" and roughly translates to "I AM What AM " with both verbs expressed in the present perfect tense; meaning that that actions are in the present but have been completed.

Yahweh is a close English approximation of one of the names given to the Judeo/Christian Deity.

It's impossible to type in English(Latin) script so closer are the Hebrew letters Yod Heh Val Heh which is more closely pronounced "Yah-he-w-he" and roughly translates to "I AM What AM " with both verbs expressed in the present perfect tense; meaning that that actions are in the present but have been completed.

I agree.

There is also the translation of, -- I will be what I will be.

I do not think it matters much as we are talking of a fiction and n0t reality.

I think the holy books are not created to be read literally.

There are no real talking serpents and donkeys.

Regards
DL

Exactly Gnostic, and since there are no vowels in Hebrew either interpretation would be correct.

I studied this along with many other religions of the world when I was a young man.

If I missed a point, better to point it out than just complain.
I mean that the actual view of the Church as an institution according to their own texts is that God is sexless and omniscient and omnipresent, and you seemed to disagree with me; or perhaps you meant to say that your average "Christian" doesn't believe in the true God and thus we agree?

Exactly Gnostic, and since there are no vowels in Hebrew either interpretation would be correct.

I studied this along with many other religions of the world when I was a young man.

Ditto.

That is why I am am Gnostic Christian who chose his religion and was not born into it like almost all so called believers.

Regards
DL

I mean that the actual view of the Church as an institution according to their own texts is that God is sexless and omniscient and omnipresent, and you seemed to disagree with me; or perhaps you meant to say that your average "Christian" doesn't believe in the true God and thus we agree?

Most Christians I know see Father and Son as masculine.

If sexless, how is it that scriptures always show Yahweh and his angels always choosing our women to reproduce?

If sexless, the heavenly hosts sure seem to prefer our women and not our men.

I agree that Yahweh was originally a Jewish endogenous god with both male and female traits, just as most of the ancient gods are.

Regards
DL